18 YO, 5'10 - Looking for Perspective

I’ve been lifting for about three years, of which maybe one has been really serious.

Bench- 325
Oly Squat - 315
Deadlift - 345

I’m aware of the fact that my legs suck. For my first two years of training, I hardly touched them. I fully expect to get flamed, so don’t take it easy. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say I get around a 3.5. I’m looking for advice and just some different perspectives.

This is my weak attempt at an abdominal thigh. Probably my two worst parts. -lol

Most Muscular. I think I have decent pectoral development, but that little fat stored under my nips just kills it. I don’t think it’s gyno, because I can’t really feel lumps. Maybe pseudo-gyno?

My back is my best part IMO.

I like the placing of your shelves above your bed, gives you room to put your things.

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
I like the placing of your shelves above your bed, gives you room to put your things.[/quote]

Thankfully they’re high enough that I don’t wake up and hit my head…

Well, at least he posted most of the required pics.

[quote]Raging_Teddy wrote:
I’ve been lifting for about three years, of which maybe one has been really serious.

Bench- 325
Oly Squat - 315
Deadlift - 345

I’m aware of the fact that my legs suck. For my first two years of training, I hardly touched them. I fully expect to get flamed, so don’t take it easy. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say I get around a 3.5. I’m looking for advice and just some different perspectives.[/quote]

You should post your Training/ Nutrition. Then people will know how to help you improve. Not a bad start.

Training:

Day 1: Back
Pronated BB Bent Over Row
Pullups or Rack Chins
Chest Supported Row
Cable Pullover
Bent Over Side Lateral

Day 2: Chest
Flat Bench or Floor Press
Inline DB Bench or Incline BB Bench
Dips
Low to High Cable Fly

Day 3: Quads & Calves
Oly Squat
Front Squat
Leg Extension
Calf Raise

Day 4: Arms
BB Curl
Ez Bar Decline Skull Crusher
A. Seated Incline DB Curl
B. Concentration Curl
A. Behind Head DB Extension
B. Supinated Cable Pressdown
A. BB Wrist Curl
B. DB Wrist Extension

Day 5: OFF

Day 6: Shoulders
Seated Military
Arnold Press
A. DB Side Lateral
B. DB Front Raise

Day 7: Hamstrings & Calves
Power Squat or Deadlift
Lying Leg Curl
Back Extension against bands
Calf Raise

My nutrition is hardly exact. I don’t really have much control over it since I’m still in high school. I have to eat what mom makes and whatever school lunch there is. I just eat alot of it and stay away from crap.

You look fine. Keep making improvements to both your physique and diet. And FFS train your arms. Forget that superset bullshit. 1-2 movements for biceps and triceps each. And go nuts on them. Add a close grip press for triceps and drop the supinated pressdowns, you cant progress on those.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
You look fine. Keep making improvements to both your physique and diet. And FFS train your arms. Forget that superset bullshit. 1-2 movements for biceps and triceps each. And go nuts on them. Add a close grip press for triceps and drop the supinated pressdowns, you cant progress on those. [/quote]

I actually just started directly training my arms. -lol Before I just threw in a few sets of bis or tris after back and chest. So I’m hoping adding an arms day to my routine will spur some actual growth.

I don’t do CG Bench too often because my pecs and anterior delts tend to take over. I started doing them off a two-board and it’s helped alot. I’ll probably start doing them more.

Thanks for the feedback!

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
You look fine. Keep making improvements to both your physique and diet. And FFS train your arms. Forget that superset bullshit. 1-2 movements for biceps and triceps each. And go nuts on them. Add a close grip press for triceps and drop the supinated pressdowns, you cant progress on those. [/quote]

I actually just started directly training my arms. -lol Before I just threw in a few sets of bis or tris after back and chest. So I’m hoping adding an arms day to my routine will spur some actual growth.

I don’t do CG Bench too often because my pecs and anterior delts tend to take over. I started doing them off a two-board and it’s helped alot. I’ll probably start doing them more.

Thanks for the feedback![/quote]

Doing them in a smith machine is even better. But the board presses are working and you like them, do that.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback![/quote]

Doing them in a smith machine is even better. But the board presses are working and you like them, do that. [/quote]

I actually don’t have access to a smith machine. I train in a home gym. There’s a bench press, squat stands, adjustable bench, a cable machine, and dumbbells up to 70. It’s a good place to train other than the lack of heavy DB’s. I can play all the death metal I want. Use chalk. Scream my head off. Etc.

Kick ass, wish more places like that were around.

You look ok but have a long way to go. Keep up the good work.

Yesterday in my anatomy phys class, I tried two different bf % tests with the calipers. The results came back as 13% and 14%. Sounds a bit low to me…

Yesterday in my anatomy phys class, I tried two different bf % tests with the calipers. The results came back as 13% and 14%. Sounds a bit low to me…[/quote]

Numbers are irrelevant. Only use the numbers to track YOUR progress. Do not compare your numbers to anyone eleses. It doesnt apply.

Don’t really look like you press 325 but if you do congrats. deadlift is way low comparably. Besides that keep it up! i also train at a home gym and blast all the metal i want haha

If I were you I would cut down all the trAining days to 3 days a week, then I would focus on the main lifts. Start with 3 sets of 5 and add a set after every 4th week, then I would rotate exercises every week. Dude just keep things simple, by the looks of things you are performing 30 different exercises a week, knock that down to ten, and things will come a lot easier. Focus on perfecting those movements, and getting really good at them. You are not ready for the stress of training 6 days a week, you should do that when you have 15-20 years of lifting under your belt. What r u going to do next when your body adapts to 6 days a week, give yourself room to improve

[quote]jont23t@aol.com wrote:
If I were you I would cut down all the trAining days to 3 days a week, then I would focus on the main lifts. Start with 3 sets of 5 and add a set after every 4th week, then I would rotate exercises every week. Dude just keep things simple, by the looks of things you are performing 30 different exercises a week, knock that down to ten, and things will come a lot easier. Focus on perfecting those movements, and getting really good at them. You are not ready for the stress of training 6 days a week, you should do that when you have 15-20 years of lifting under your belt. What r u going to do next when your body adapts to 6 days a week, give yourself room to improve[/quote]

Yeaaaaah… no.