T Nation

18 Year Old

Hello there beloved forums,

here’s the deal, i have low T, and relatively high estrogen for my age, 18 years old. I’ve
been training consistently for 3 years, along with perfect nutrition, bro way for year 1 and 2, counting macros for the last one. My stats are 5 9, 185lbs, 15% bf

My testosterone is, 3 tests made during a year , steady between 230 and 270, and my estrogen is about 50, i’d say that these are asymptomatic, though i never know wether my current state is normal, since i have no other reference. Given that i still see a pediatrist (turned 18 in january), the though of any exogenous agent is a big nono, hence my decision on experimenting by myself, given also that i will study endocrinology next year at university.

My first proposition would be going for 50mg of clomid daily, and 0.5 to 1mg of anastrozole daily also, for an x amount of time(this is where the forum comes in). This is obviously not considered a cycle, but a treatment to increase T production.

Now, seeing that my levels are, by baseline, low,i thought, why not go to direct exogenous testosterone, and also make get some extra gains?

My second choice would be 100mg of testosterone propionate EOD, along with 0.5 mg of arimidex daily, for 7 weeks (25 shots total). As PCT i thought 3 weeks would do it to go back to baseline, following the scheme of 100/50/50/25 (taking 3 five day intervals, and 1 six day interval, the last one), along with anastrozole at 0.5mg EOD. I’d also use some HCG during the cycle, to avoid testicular atrophy and ease the PCT.
Since my gains have been already good, i can say to some degree that my AR density is quite high, hence not upping the dose of T.

Again, im all ears for suggestions.

Thanks again, and please, go easy on, me, i’m still a newbie.

well u are obviously too young, but if your test is really that low… then u were dealt an unfair hand in life if it’s done by the typical reference.

honestly, if i were you, id just self-administered trt with test E, 100mg 2x a week

with adex .25mg EOD (or more if needed)

for life… because id be willing to bet, that u wont recover after a cycle like most people would

good luck chap

1 Like

Primary or secondary hypogonadism is a multi factor problem…one that can be complex. Go find an open minded endo who will help you identify what the true underlying issues are, and who will put together a treatment plan for possibly solving them. TRT may not be the best solution at this time, and might actually hinder or ruin any chance of you treating your condition, especially at your age. I would explore all avenues before doing any self prescribed TRT, given your age, and the fact that low T can have many causes.

Since your condition is asymptomatic, why do you need to do anything about it? If you feel fine then why mess with some numbers given to you? They are only numbers, your health and well-being should be your guideline not some numbers. If you feel fine and it seems as though you have made good gains also I would not go anywhere near AAS unless you are fine with sticking a needle in you twice a week FOR LIFE.

It may seem appealing now, but trust me you are only 18 and you have a long time ahead of you where you may regret it considering you were fine before.
If you really want to bring the levels up then I would try the Clomid/AI therapy and stay away from Test.

Just my opinion.

SB

[quote]juice20jd wrote:
Primary or secondary hypogonadism is a multi factor problem…one that can be complex. Go find an open minded endo who will help you identify what the true underlying issues are, and who will put together a treatment plan for possibly solving them. TRT may not be the best solution at this time, and might actually hinder or ruin any chance of you treating your condition, especially at your age. I would explore all avenues before doing any self prescribed TRT, given your age, and the fact that low T can have many causes.[/quote]

This.
Good advice, similar to what I am saying.

SB

[quote]juice20jd wrote:
Primary or secondary hypogonadism is a multi factor problem…one that can be complex. Go find an open minded endo who will help you identify what the true underlying issues are, and who will put together a treatment plan for possibly solving them. TRT may not be the best solution at this time, and might actually hinder or ruin any chance of you treating your condition, especially at your age. I would explore all avenues before doing any self prescribed TRT, given your age, and the fact that low T can have many causes.[/quote]

This. Go read the stickies in the TRT forum and start your own thread there.

Thanks everyone for the replies, i got another test done this past week (still fully clean), this time testing LH, FSH, Testosterone (total and calculated free), estrogen, SHBG, will be reposting the results here, to see if eventually i can help to expand the knowledge of the forum.

I think i will go towards the AI option (also try to get an appointment with an adult endo also, though this whole thing is going to get expensive unfortunately).

On the anastrozole part, im no expert but, id say i have quite a high degree of estrogen/aromatase related effects, like water retention, gynecomastia since 11 years old and such, hence i think the upper limit of the arimidex dosage would be more appropriate. I will act accordingly to the results. However, fitness wise, this hasnt made impossible to get to 8% bodyfat.

Thanks again everyone, i will update.