18 Y/O Test Levels

I just saw my testosterone levels and I’m at 380ng/dl. Now for 18 years old that seems low. Thoughts?

Yes that’s lowish. However, you need to post your full labs to see if you have a condition or if its just your current level. Retest in a month and get your full labs, CBC, T/Free T, E2, LH/FSH, TSH, T3, T4. Do you have any symptoms that prompted you to check?

Mostly fatigue is what made me get my levels checked but it’s obvious fatigue is not necessarily due to low testosterone. I will see my doctor and get full labs. At 18 testosterone should be at its peak so it worries me my levels are even slightly low.

You’re peak isn’t until around age 25.

Also, don’t read into levels and what you ‘should be’ too much. Its more about how you feel which isn’t great obviously. But, you need the full gamut of labs to see what’s causing the issue.

See these stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH
prolactin
CBC
hematocrit
TSH
fT3
fT4
AST/ALT

Fatigue can be from low-T and/or low thyroid function. Thyroid can be off from an iodine deficiency caused by not using iodized salt. Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures a per the thyroid basics sticky to see if temperatures are low.

Thyroid symptoms:

• most the same as low T and these can be additive
  • sparse outer eyebrows
  • feel cold easily
  • dry skin
  • brittle nails
  • generalized hair thinning