18 Y/O, Possibility of Low T?

Hey all, first post, just curious on some things, and you guys seem extremely knowledgeable in the area of low T, therapy, and all those related issues. Just curious if mentioning something to my doc would be worthwhile about the possibility of low T.

So I guess I should start off with a little bit about myself.

Once puberty began for me around the 8th grade, I ended up going from an extremely lean kid to quite chubby within months. Along with this weight gain came puffy nipples, fat retention mainly in the chest, as well as lower stomach. Family told me it was simply puberty and that it would all go away in a few years. Fine by me.

Fast forward to high school.

Years later, (me being a soon to be freshman in college), I’m still having issues with the weight retention. I go to the gym, do cardio, and even tried dieting because the puffiness as well as fat retention in the chest and stomach makes me look like I have tits. I’m lean everywhere else, and I’m still even able to see my ribs. To add to this, I’ve been diagnosed with depression as well as insomnia. My energy levels are through the floor (have been for a few years now) as well as my motivation, and sex drive (which really bothers me because it seems to get worse as the months go by). I always assumed this was all just me and so I’ve tried to curb it by going to the gym for the past year or so and staying active and eating healthy, but my weight and bodyfat just seems to remain the same with little change.

In a nutshell

-Insomnia
-Depression
-Fat retention in lower chest (nipple area) and lower stomach
-Puffy nipples
-No energy
-No motivation
-Low sex drive

I’m really strapped for cash right now so I’m trying to be conservative with my money, and getting told “it’s just you” all the time isn’t helping me. But would this be worth seeing the doctor for? Thanks for the answers.

Of course it’s worth seeing your doctor… problem is your doctor is prolly an idiot, most are… You need labs. your e2 it most likely high… this could be so many things and not 100 percent a testosterone issue… read the stickies… first 7 threads at the top of the page… start with the advice for new guys sticky… sorry to hear you’re not feeling well… I know you’re pain

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
Of course it’s worth seeing your doctor… problem is your doctor is prolly an idiot, most are… You need labs. your e2 it most likely high… this could be so many things and not 100 percent a testosterone issue… read the stickies… first 7 threads at the top of the page… start with the advice for new guys sticky… sorry to hear you’re not feeling well… I know you’re pain[/quote]

Ah, forgot to read the Estradiol thread. So really high estrogen can cause nearly identical problems to low T, is that correct?

many things can contribute to and cause symptoms of low T… I am not saying you don’t have low T, what I’m saying is low T is a symptom of an underlying problem. You do not want testosterone without figuring out what the problem is and you can’t do that without labs and a very good doctor. I know quite a bit but not enough to figure out my own problems the body is very complicated and actually it makes my head hurt thinking about it…GET LABS post them here… best i can do bud

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
many things can contribute to and cause symptoms of low T… I am not saying you don’t have low T, what I’m saying is low T is a symptom of an underlying problem. You do not want testosterone without figuring out what the problem is and you can’t do that without labs and a very good doctor. I know quite a bit but not enough to figure out my own problems the body is very complicated and actually it makes my head hurt thinking about it…GET LABS post them here… best i can do bud[/quote]

Alright, no worries. Lab work was eventually coming anyway I had a feeling. I’ll get those ASAP. Thanks.

[quote]WayTooGone wrote:

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
Of course it’s worth seeing your doctor… problem is your doctor is prolly an idiot, most are… You need labs. your e2 it most likely high… this could be so many things and not 100 percent a testosterone issue… read the stickies… first 7 threads at the top of the page… start with the advice for new guys sticky… sorry to hear you’re not feeling well… I know you’re pain[/quote]

Ah, forgot to read the Estradiol thread. So really high estrogen can cause nearly identical problems to low T, is that correct?[/quote]

It can bind to androgen receptors and yes cause low t symptoms.

I don’t really have any answers for you as I am new and learning daily from this site all I can. But I can relate, Your puberty to 18, was like a looking in a mirror of the past for me.
I to was told by a doctor and its all in your head, and I gave up. Now I’m 31 and wish I could rewind to 18 and start this puzzle over, rather than take one doctors word that it was in my head.

I don’t have any answers, but I say absorb all the info you can and get the labs necessary and hope that the wise people on this site can send you down the right path.

Good luck my friend.