18 Week Cycle Ended. Proper PCT?

Just finished my 18 week 500mg Test C.

I have clomid (pharma grade) and Nolva (underground lab. couldn’t get the doc to prescribe it to me after the clomid)

What would be a proper PCT for this duration of a cycle?

Nolva: 40/40/20/20
Clomid: 50/50/25/25

or have it spaced out more evenly for 6 weeks? Would love to get some opinions on this. Clomid sides are worse, so i was thinking keeping it 25 across the board for 6 weeks.

Does it make any sense to do a longer PCT since my cycle was longer than the normal 12 or 16… are there downsides to that?

Drop the clomid.
I would suggest HCG 500iu EOD starting 10 days BEFORE start of PCT.
Nolva 40/40/20/20

Lower and longer is definitely one way of doing it and seems to be gaining popularity. I would usually agree that dropping the Clomid is the right call, but since it’s real and the Nolva is not guaranteed I would say use both for this particular instance.

This is what i was thinking:

Nolva: Day 1 40. then 20/20/20/20/20/20
Clomid: Day 1 50. then 25/25/25/25/25/25

If clomid gives me too much sides I will drop it.

@iron_yuppie

There’s been compelling arguments for and against HCG use. What do you think for such a basic of a cycle like mine? Is the HCG really necessary? The less stuff I put in my body the better.

I like HCG, but I’m also on for life and don’t want to rule out having more kids. I generally don’t think it’s necessary for most guys who are simply cycling, even one that’s a little longer like yours. I would recommend the Nolva at 40mg for the first week though rather than just the first day. The Clomid at a lower dose for longer should help you avoid those side effects, so the layout you have is likely to be good enough.

1 Like

HCG has a short half life. You can use it after you stop the test, and before you start PCT.

I would do about 500 iu EOD or 250 ED starting the day after your last pin, and stop about 4 days before PCT to allow 3-4 half life cycles of the HCG to pass.

What this will do is bring your balls back to full size, before you get your pituitary up and running (with the PCT). Should help a bit. How much, don’t know.

The down side to using HCG is E2, which is already troublesome after a cycle. It is more complicated is also a down side.

With you last stated dosage schedule you have 25 clomid and 20nolvadex per day for six weeks. I think by the end of week 3 or 4 you would be okay to drop the Nolvadex to 10mgs per day. You could take some of the extra Nolvadex and even up the first week or two to 30mgs per day if you are really concerned. Lowering the Nolvadex to 10 mgs is more important than increasing the early weeks.

Usually PCT is two doses per day for two weeks then one dose per day for two weeks. If you come them it one of each for two weeks then 1/2 of each for two weeks. A standard clomid dose is 50mg and Nolvadex is 20mgs. Your dosage is a little different due to length of cycle. I have read that a study was conducted and men were given Nolvadex for three months and their test production kept increasing the entire three months. I don’t know if these were healthy guys, low t guys, old/young or steroid users. I would not take that info as permission to use full dose Nolvadex for three months. I do think it is grounds to review standard PCT protocol and possibly make a case for extending Nolvadex to 6-8 weeks but at a reduced dose like 10 then 5 mgs. Even doing EOD dosing.

Not to be a dick. But this should of been figured out before even starting a cycle. This is asking for problems.

1 Like

Yeah, well you are being a dick.

Everything is on hand and ready to go. I only had some last min doubts about what length/dose I was going to do considering my duration was a little outside the norm.

Or you think i should have decided I’m going to do 40/40/20/20 and be done with it?

At the end of the day no one knows what is the best. You’re gathering all the information you can, opinions of people online, others that have experience, medical facts about the substances, and then you make up your own mind based on that information.

1 Like