18 Inch Arms

[quote]Professor X wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
bugeishaAD wrote:
Damn man you’re blowin by everyone, great job. Fuck you’re gonna have 20’s by the time I have 17’s… I fuckin suck.

Ohh it’s the fucking stretch marks that are going to be killer for me dude. You’re a strong bastard yourself, I’m sure you’ll have the 18’s in no time and probably be leaner the me ;).

My biceps are covered in stretch marks…most of them from the first 3 years of training. They fade in time but you can still see them in sunlight.[/quote]

hah unfortunately by the time they fade, plenty of new ones already have popped up.

My bodies new favorite area to stretch is right in the elbow crease…

GJ Austin.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
novocaine wrote:
how big are your forearms?

A little over 14".[/quote]

Work on that. It will help your overall arm size. I don’t train forearms directly…but that is because I never needed to. They were pretty big even when I was skinny. You may need more direct work. I think mine were 15" when my biceps measured 18".

Good job, man. Can’t wait to get to 18 myself (although I’m only 5’6).

austin_bicep wrote:
novocaine wrote:
how big are your forearms?

A little over 14".

Work on that. It will help your overall arm size. I don’t train forearms directly…but that is because I never needed to. They were pretty big even when I was skinny. You may need more direct work. I think mine were 15" when my biceps measured 18".[/quote]

I started to incorporate heavy dumbell rows with the 160’s and I’ll tell you I’ve never had sore forearms until then. Also started to do deadlifts again so hopefully that’ll give them some good growth. A few sets of wrist curls might not hurt either.

18" is the benchmark for decent genetics (in my opinion). If you can get there relatively lean with a decent shape to them, you can probably go as far as you please if you put the time in.[/quote]

I’m assuming this doesn’t take into account height/frame?

I’d say 18" at 5’10" and then 1/2 for every inch in height

so for me

I am 5’7" with 16" biceps @ 7% BF [7P calipers]

were a swole 12" when I started lol

so according to my modified X benchmark I should be 16.5

my aim is 17" @ 10% BF or less [I’m not overly concerned with being lean but I do tend to stay relatively lean even when gaining]

almost ‘swole’

Good job, austin.
What about your triceps development?
Mine are shite, don’t you repeat that mistake, kid.

After having layed direct arm work off for about 4 years, I’ve started to incorporate some direct arm work once a week (low volume, high loads), two weeks ago. And the fuckers respond: 18.7". My triceps development is clearly lacking, though. I’d like to have half a meter (about 19.7") by next year.

[quote]Short Hoss wrote:
Good job, man. Can’t wait to get to 18 myself (although I’m only 5’6).[/quote]

I’m about 5’6, Shorty.

It appears you have added some good tricep size. I’d blame the CGBP’s :slight_smile: nice work

On a more serious note, hows everything else looking?
At your age, I’d expect to see some serious improvement in back width (including significant widening of your clavicles) and to see you laying a foundation for thick delts.
There are some areas where the window of opportunity shuts early. Be aware.

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
It appears you have added some good tricep size. I’d blame the CGBP’s :slight_smile: nice work

At your age, I’d expect to see some serious improvement in back width (including significant widening of your clavicles) and to see you laying a foundation for thick delts.
There are some areas where the window of opportunity shuts early. Be aware. [/quote]

My back has widened a lot in the past six months especially from the front. That front double bi pic does it no justice as I kind of have my lats contracted rather then flared.

As far as delts. They’re my one down fall. Hopefully the HS machines I’ve been starting to use help me out a lot. I’ve been one of those idiots that has neglected shoulders for ages. My triceps and chest are much more developed and thus wind up getting more work done then my delts when I do presses. I didn’t start to take them serious until about six months ago when I got my gym memebership. It pains me to think of the time I wasted.

[quote]FattyFat wrote:
Good job, austin.
What about your triceps development?
Mine are shite, don’t you repeat that mistake, kid.
[/quote]

Yeah dude I’ve been blasting the triceps pretty hard.

You ever try in-human smith machine close grip presses? They’re a killer tricep movement. Never had a burn that felt so good.

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:

There are some areas where the window of opportunity shuts early. Be aware. [/quote]

Can you care to elaborate please? It is possible to widen the clavicles?If yes How?thanx…

[quote]FattyFat wrote:

Short Hoss wrote:
Good job, man. Can’t wait to get to 18 myself (although I’m only 5’6).

I’m about 5’6, Shorty.
[/quote]

Awesome, now I have someone else to see what 18s on my height looks like. Good shit.

Youre doing a good job getting that big and I comend you, but what about etching in a tad bit of definition? Do that my friend and you will be more than impressive.

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Youre doing a good job getting that big and I comend you, but what about etching in a tad bit of definition? Do that my friend and you will be more than impressive.[/quote]

Shit! It was only a matter of time until one of these posts popped up. Dude, I’m sure he will…eventually. But, I’m also pretty damned sure that he wants them to look way jacked when he does, so he’s not cutting yet. And, I guarantee he’ll look even more impressive once he does lean up if he doesn’t follow your advice now.

Nice job, Austin.

Youre doing a good job getting that big and I comend you, but what about etching in a tad bit of definition? Do that my friend and you will be more than impressive.[/quote]

And so it begins.

“etching in” a tad bit of definition? I’m hoping you just chose poor wording there and aren’t indicating he actively train in an attempt to get more “defined.”

He’ll need to lose bodyfat to get more definition, and from reading austin’s posts, it doesn’t sound like he’s gonna be doing that anytime soon, probably because, if I may speak for him, he realizes he is not big enough, yet, to be concerned with trying to get lean, since one day he hopes to carry around a, for lack of a better term, SHIT TON of muscle.

So let’s not start with the “you need to cut” shit. Its pretty damn refreshing to see someone, especially someone so young, who’s got their head on straight when it comes to getting VERY LARGE, and realizing what needs to be done in order to reach their long term goal.

By the way, nice job austin keep up the good work.

Yes, I’d definitely follow the advice of someone who’s 6 feet tall, weighs 190, and mentions definition if I wanted to be more than impressive.

Good job on the arms man. Keep going.

For your own information Hatari Samaki, I have my own reasons for being my size, being too bulky slows me down when I compete in martial arts (more muscle mass more oxygen use). All I was saying was if he added definition either now or whenever in the future he would look freakishly amazing. I gave the kid a complement. Im also tired of the notion that someone has to be Incredibly humongous in order to give good advice. Extreme size doesn’t necessarily follow with great knowledge…ya don’t know what I studied in college so…stop hating…

For your own information Hatari Samaki, I have my own reasons for being my size, being too bulky slows me down when I compete in martial arts (more muscle mass more oxygen use). All I was saying was if he added definition either now or whenever in the future he would look freakishly amazing. I gave the kid a complement. Im also tired of the notion that someone has to be Incredibly humongous in order to give good advice. Extreme size doesn’t necessarily follow with great knowledge…ya don’t know what I studied in college so…stop hating…[/quote]

You don’t know what we studied either. The real question is why you, with your combat training, decided to step into a bodybuilding forum to give advice on a bodybuilder’s goals.

I swear we need to start doing the same with the Combat training forum and the strength sports forum. Why the fuck do we get all of the fun of you idiots giving us your amazing perspective?

You aren’t trying to gain size…so you log into the one forum where size is the primary goal to tell us how to train?

I’m not telling anyone how to train…just offering a lil complement from my prospective…I also think bodybuilding has a lot more to do with than just gaining massive muscle. Maintaining decent size and strength is also apart of bodybuilding. So is prehabbing and training back from injury. This website has given tons of info on everything that bodybuilding encompasses…so I like it.

For your own information Hatari Samaki, I have my own reasons for being my size, being too bulky slows me down when I compete in martial arts (more muscle mass more oxygen use). All I was saying was if he added definition either now or whenever in the future he would look freakishly amazing. I gave the kid a complement. Im also tired of the notion that someone has to be Incredibly humongous in order to give good advice. Extreme size doesn’t necessarily follow with great knowledge…ya don’t know what I studied in college so…stop hating…[/quote]

And that’s fine. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to stay at a certain size.

But Austin already stated that he wants to keep pushing ahead to get larger, so your advice was inapplicable in this case. Your original post doesn’t say “whenever in the future,” it says “but what about etching in a tad bit of definition?” It’s not hating to say that someone who wants to get larger than average might not want to take advice from someone who not only isn’t that large, but who is recommending definition, it’s simply common sense. You don’t have to be humongous to give good advice, but it needs to be good advice. And I don’t know or care what you studied in college, your post speaks for itself.