T Nation

18 and Losing My Hair WTF?

My hair started to get grey at 15, and now its falling out, aint that a bitch.

LOL.

Shave it.

I knew someone like that also, just shave it man. Then get super huge.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=352&pid=2248

That sucks dude. There’s only one solution: shave it, then grow a huge beard.

The TRUTH: You don;t have to accept it and roll over, dude. While everyone’s hairline recedes with age, if its going faster than you’d expect there are ways to slow it down to a more normal rate, trust me.

1. Take a multivitamin daily, and the high protein intake that you shd be taking anyway.

2. Take vitamin E, biotin and panthothenic acid supps daily.

3. Practise the "indonesian scalp massage’ technique (google this, or PM me for more info) once a day (or thrice whatever) for a few months to improve blood circulation in the area. This alone has stopped many a guy from going bald.

4. Castor oil applied to the scap after a warm shower daily. Coconut oil may be replaced occassionally.

5. This is optional and messy but very VERY effective in some cases: mix half a cup of yoghurt and 2 raw eggs (remove shell) and blend them together in a bowl. than apply the mixture directly to your scalp 30 minutes before you shower. Yes, people will laugh at you but this will arrest the recession for sure.

6. Certain yogic exercises (which involve inversion) may also be helpful though I have my doubts about this.

After a couple of months (at the most) you will never worry about this again.

This is not a joke dude…either PM me for a complete report on arresting male pattern baldness or just pick a few of the techniques I listed and work on them. You may never notice yoru hairline receding till you rech 60 or so.

lol a mate of mine has a real noticeable receding hairline and has had it since we became mates, he refuses to acknowledge/shave the hair off its quite sad at 20. The worst thing is he deliberately styles his hair so it will ‘down play’ the fact his hairline is receding which in reality makes it look worse.

you either have to shave it or grow it out long to mask the hairline. i’ve done both, and shaving it is much easier.

Mine’s growing back. Not that I was losing a lot. Down the sides and the forehead was getting bigger. Now it’s noticable growing back in.

I don’t use any products designed for hair growth. Like most of the other posters stated, if I lost enough I’d just shave.

I’m going to see if I can find some good pictures and do a before and after. If it is truly growing back I’ll have figure out why and get filthy rich! I could live with that.

At your age, you might want to go to a dermatologist because you seem pretty young to be having white hair, and hair thats falling out. You might have some other clinical reason that explains it.

I just had my 20th class reunion and was one of three guys out of about a hundred that still had all his hair with none of it being grey.

Now…all those fuckers that thought they were cooler than me back in the day (you know who you are Jimmy Schmidt you fuck !) can suck my dick !

That sucks, I have a friend who is the same way - he barely had any hair by the time he was 20. He did end up shaving his head and growing a beard…but he has such a weird shaped head it doesn’t look good. At least it was better than before with the combover thing going.

Ive had nothing but compliments about my nice\very thick hair XD

My cousin went stone cold bald at 16 as did his dad (my uncle). Ever since then he shaves it all off, and it looks good.

my friend has the weirdest receeding hairline it recceding from like the bottom, where his ears are and back of the head and working its way up. im like bro, you need to shave that shit off seriously it looks terrible. i didnt have the heart to tell em but we were at the beach and these girls behind were laughing at his hair and took a picutre of it. its probaly floating around on myspace right now.

Welcome to the club.
Shave it. Unless your have a goofy looking, lumpy, bald, egg head.
Not everyone is as gifted as me when it comes to looking good, and possibly even better, bald.

Get a free bus pass.

Whats worse, a giant bald spot or a reciding hairline? I think im gonn have the fucking bald spot.

shaving it off wont look bad unless your face is already ugly…in that case it wont make a difference either way

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:

1. This is optional and messy but very VERY effective in some cases: mix half a cup of yoghurt and 2 raw eggs (remove shell) and blend them together in a bowl. than apply the mixture directly to your scalp 30 minutes before you shower. Yes, people will laugh at you but this will arrest the recession for sure.
    [/quote]

You forgot to tell him to set the oven at 350 and bake til golden brown. (serves 4)

Get some 2% Nizoral shampoo. Its intended as an anti-dandruff medication but it inhibits DHT binding to your scalp, meaning you can preserve the hair you still have.