178 Pounds, Getting Bigger

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
let me give you some advice dude. you just started out and you have this thing in your head that youre going to be able to stay shredded year round and add size, it just cant happen man. the best advice i can give to you is just to shovel down food and lift, give it a year and people will still stop asking “hey do you workout?” when youre at the beach, shirt off, and start asking you “are you on steroids?” anywhere, shirt on. as youre obviously an ectomorph you wont get higher than 15% BF and if you do a little light cardio (like walking) you wont get much higher than 11-!2%. right now i see youre doing cardio twice a week, id say to cut that out, as an ecto you really need minimum cardio unless youre playing a sport or something.

next piece of advice, keep it simple man. this site is swarming with information, it can actually hurt you. it may be tempting to switch up routines every time a new article comes out, but dont, just stick with something for a while and youll make gains. if you want to make slight adjustments then go ahead, i usually change some things myself, but dont go switching from 8 sets of 3 to 4x8 every month.

hope to see you back in a good while with some nice gains man.

and just so you dont forget, FUCKING EAT MAN. EAT EVERYTHING.[/quote]

Thanks 781,
Ate a shit load today, and you know what? I feel great. I have been doing cardio because yes, I’ve been playing hockey and soccer. I’m going to cut it down to 1 day or 2days with shorter time. Thanks for the input man. I’ll come back in 4months and I’m going to come back looking like a new person.

I hope the other newbies are taking notes here, thats exactly how you’re supposed to post in this forum. I won’t be rating you, but shit, it’s good to see someone doing their stuff right.

When I started training in college, I was running 3x a week, playing on two different hockey teams, as well as a weekend football league. Long story short, I couldnt gain a damn pound. I cut back seriously on my extracurricular activities, and learned to steal food from the caferteria (bagels, peanut butter, milk) to go along with the low grade/cheap as hell 95% isolated soy protein powder I would buy from the local vitamin shop -lol.

Ahhh good times, good times :slight_smile:

S

the force is strong in this one

Do heavy compound lifts and eat like a champion. That’s all I have to tell you. Thanks for not being a “troll” or a “deuche” and following the rules. Hope your training goes well. Keep it up!