T Nation

17 Years Old, 5'8 167

I stopped using weights about 6 months ago to trim down for track and have lost about 10 pounds. I only train bodyweight now to stay slim in order to run the 400m. I had previously trained for about 2 and a half years and maxed out at 177 pounds.

abs on a skinny guy are like big tits on a fat chick.

Don’t listen to the above guy, hes probably 15-20% bodyfat and doesn’t realize 167lbs is a pretty good size for your age, leanness and height (I’m also 5’8)

You will inevitably have to pick a sport or physical endeavor to focus on, and this will invariably determine your physique.

Don’t expect to look jacked if running is what you will be getting into. At your height, age, and base you could do well in bodybuilding if you go at it hard the next several years, and since you already look good living in the gym wont be a problem.

I agree with c.m.l. on this one. You look good man. I don’t think you look like a ‘skinny guy with abs’. You look like an athlete. There’s definitely a difference. Hell, I just competed in a 175 weight class at 5’10, and I can promise you nobody’s calling me a ‘skinny guy with abs’ if they see me in person.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
abs on a skinny guy are like big tits on a fat chick. [/quote]

You have been here for 11 years and the most you’ve ever squatted was a recent 345. Why do you feel you have earned the right to express an opinion like this?

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]StevenF wrote:
abs on a skinny guy are like big tits on a fat chick. [/quote]

You have been here for 11 years and the most you’ve ever squatted was a recent 345. Why do you have earned the right to express an opinion like this?[/quote]

Ouch!

OP, you look great for 17. I wish I had everything as dialed in as you do at your age. Don’t know what your legs look like, but from what I can see you would probably do respectably in teen BBing. You obviously know what you’re doing, so keep up the good work!

Lmao I love when people who get so comfortable flaming others get flamed for their arrogance.

You look good brother, and yeah your weight for your age is pretty big. Digging the sperrys too haha

Nice dude
Looks awesome at that age
Follow your coaches routine and after highschool if you don’t do this in college you’d probably do well bodybuilding