17 Years Old, 171lbs, 6'1 - First Comp Coming

Look at the pic he posted of the winner from last year, if he didn’t say that he was the winner I would have thought it was a de-motivational poster. If that kid won first, then yea the OP will do fine. There’s nothing wrong with encouraging the fucking kid.

I’m not going to bust your chops. I’m sure by now you understand that you’re coming in very light for this competition. To up your shots of placing at all, I would focus on conditioning so that you can at least milk your skinnyfuck genetics for all theyve got. In terms of lagging parts…rear delts, all lower body, traps, lat thickness, and triceps. You’re small all over but these are just out of proportion small. Learn to pose as well. You don’t pinch your shoulder blades together when you double bi, it makes your lats seem smaller. I’m guessing for your experience level you also need to practice posing, holding poses and switching poses in a dehydrated state. Good luck to you.

[quote]Cronus wrote:
Look at the pic he posted of the winner from last year, if he didn’t say that he was the winner I would have thought it was a de-motivational poster. If that kid won first, then yea the OP will do fine. There’s nothing wrong with encouraging the fucking kid.[/quote]

Agreed, he must’ve been competing against midgets or something…eeerm I mean LOOK AT THOSE FULL MUSCLE BELLIES!!!

Lookin good, do need some width though. I can barely see your lats from the front. Im not bashing brother, just constructive criticism. Good luck!

[quote]Nate112 wrote:

[quote]Daveski7 wrote:

[quote]Cronus wrote:
OP, you sound knowledgeable and prepared for this show, and for a 17 y.o. you have a competitive enough physique to do fine. Also, it is obvious that Daveski only wants to put you down and get props for starting the flame, so ignore anything that he says. Good luck.[/quote]

This is Rate My Physique right, so whatever i say is my opinion, for the kids height he real light weight.
[/quote]

Yeah, I back up daveski, this guy is a light weight. There is nothing wrong however for doing a show for the experience, but lets not sugar coat it and say " for 17 you look competitive shape" fuck off, that’s not competitive weight for 17, that’s competitive weight for a child from nigeria.
[/quote]

Looks better than Nate though… not saying much but still. Also, good job OP on winning that show, but look at it this way… You’re not getting any bigger by doing more shows.

You’ll be fine.

Your posing needs serious work. That back double bi pose is atrocious. Go on youtube and learn how to pose from someone with knowledge.

As far as my opinion goes. You are wasting valuable muscle building years by dieting down and competing. It wont cause any catastrophic set backs but you obviously need a lot more mass, so why not get to it? right?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
As far as my opinion goes. You are wasting valuable muscle building years by dieting down and competing. It wont cause any catastrophic set backs but you obviously need a lot more mass, so why not get to it? right? [/quote]

This. Most of the older dudes on this site regret very much that they started too late, and did too little. Keep training for your show (I wouldn’t stop now), gain the experience, grow huge, then compete again in a number of years if you so desire.

Good luck with the show, after wards definitely focus on all the non-mirror muscles. Hit them with the priority training principle.

I’ll echo the above 3 posts

Believe it or not guys, I ended up placing 4th in Men’s Open Tall and 2nd in Men’s Novice Tall at the USBF East Coast Championships in Pennsylvania on October of 2010.

Nice job OP.

Somebody get this kid a cheeseburger!!

Luke

nice, but eat more

Here is a picture from the competition at State College, PA. 2nd place in Men’s Novice

Shredded, but also looking kinda malnourished.

[quote]McMenamy93 wrote:
Here is a picture from the competition at State College, PA. 2nd place in Men’s Novice[/quote]

What did you learn? What are you gonna change for your next comp?

State College, PA

[quote]McMenamy93 wrote:
State College, PA[/quote]

[quote]McMenamy93 wrote:
State College, PA[/quote]

Baltimore, MD