17 Year Old Lifter

well ive been lifting about a year and a half now i weigh around 80kg and my best lifts are 170kg squat 230kg deadlift 130kg bench 85kg ohp and 115kg power clean and i thought id make a log or something to make myself more accountable over training

oh and any advice or information ill listen thanks :slight_smile:

time to start this log then

i did a quick session yesterday
deadlifts mainly

80kgx5
120kgx5
150kgx5
175kgx10 wasnt too difficult could have done probably 2 more

dumbell row 5x15 with 30kg biggest dumbell they have in my gym -.-
pullups 4x12
hyperextensions 4x20

oh man for the last couple of days ive been having to go to the toilet to pee like twice an hour and its really annoying affecting my training anyone know what this could be ? and ive got a doctors appointment later

Could be all sorts of things, your best bet is to ask your doctor, not internet anons. Think about what you’ve been eating/drinking/any changes to diet or supplementation as that can be affect you kidneys and bladder and expect to be asked for blood (to test sugar levels for diabetes is my main thought, but bloods can tell you a lot).

Peeing frequently isn’t necessarily a bad thing, especially if you’re staying hydrated, so don’t get too worried.

Strong lifts BTW

[quote]MaazerSmiit wrote:
Could be all sorts of things, your best bet is to ask your doctor, not internet anons. Think about what you’ve been eating/drinking/any changes to diet or supplementation as that can be affect you kidneys and bladder and expect to be asked for blood (to test sugar levels for diabetes is my main thought, but bloods can tell you a lot).

Peeing frequently isn’t necessarily a bad thing, especially if you’re staying hydrated, so don’t get too worried.

Strong lifts BTW[/quote]

thats what i was thinking , i havent changed anything thats whats confused me ill be fine i just worry haha , thanks it means alot :slight_smile:

press today
seated shoulder press 50kg 10x10
lateral raises 5x8 10kg
band face pulls 5xalot :stuck_out_tongue:

did some paused squats like everyone recommended
1x140kg
3x5 110kg

all while having a urinary tract infection :frowning: but good thing is itll clear up soon

squats
70kgx5
90kgx5
110x5
120x10 easily had another 2

5x10 at 80kg
lunges with 50kg 8 each leg 5x
box jumps 5x5

keep forgetting to update this

did a workout on friday bench
70kgx5
90kgx3
100kgx8 probably another 2 in there

then thought id try some close grip like pinky inside the knurling
105kg for a relatively easy single i hadnt done these before and my triceps are weak as hell
5x6 75kg

4x8 pullups ss trx inverted row 4x10
3x20 dumbell row 20kg ss 3x12 reverse flyes 7.5kg
face pulls to finish with a band

monday 30/9/13

up to a set of 5 with 140kg zercher squat
5x5 seated shoulder press 70kg
4x8 dips B/W plus 20kg
3x10 tricep extension full stack
just did some pullups to finish i suck at them did maybe 50 all together

tuesday 1/10/13
5x2 200kg deadlift focusing on speed
3x3 at 170kg double overhand just for some more volume
4x12 60kg good morning
3x15 hyperextension with a 20kg plate

i havent posted in awhile too much school work but managed a couple of sessions
bench went up to 105kg 5x5
next day did some pause squats up to a single at 145kg
lots of seated overhead pressing 75kg 5x5
ill try and keep more consistent with the updates

got to be honest with myself cant see 250kg deadlift by the end of the month now :confused:

wondered whether it was just my gym or elsewhere that olympic lifters dont really like people that have different training programs for example powerlifting as today i got some really snide comments off some olympic lifters in my gym like powerlifting is pointless and powerlifting is bad compared to weightlifting etc and no disrespect to olympic lifters as i used to be one , but on the plus side i am stronger than all who commented so haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Thought I’d check in. Try not to sound so pessimistic! 250 is yours if you make it yours, consistent effort and specific training are key.
With regard to the comments, perhaps some weightlifters are like that, but as long as you respect their sport I’m sure most will be supportive. Regardless, just ignore any criticism and win.

Good luck.

[quote]halcj wrote:
Thought I’d check in. Try not to sound so pessimistic! 250 is yours if you make it yours, consistent effort and specific training are key.
With regard to the comments, perhaps some weightlifters are like that, but as long as you respect their sport I’m sure most will be supportive. Regardless, just ignore any criticism and win.

Good luck.
[/quote

yeah i have a tendency to do that :confused: but to be honest its gotten alot better just a bad session but im sure i have it in the bag ive put in the hard work , thats what i was thinking because i didnt disrespect their sport as i used to compete in olympic weightlifting , i will thanks

and good luck to you too my friend

guys i didnt get my 250kg deadlift that i wanted so badly i got a 248kg dead instead which is an 8kg pb i think so im happy in that respect i know my weakness so onwards and upwards from here :slight_smile: and i turned 18 which to be honest im not too excited about is that weird :stuck_out_tongue:

considering venturing more into a bodybuilding type training program to gain alittle more size

i bought myself a pullup/chinup bar a few days ago and for the last couple of days ive been doing like 8 chinup/pullups everytime i pass the bar and ive done over a 100+ both days not sure what benefit this will have on powerlifting/bodybuilding training

guys any advice on calf training because since switching from olympic lifting to powerlifting i have very lacking calves any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks