17 With Questions

I am 17 years old, 6’1", 245lbs with 16% body fat. I eat pretty healty and workout almost every day. I know that I must be doing something wrong. I would like to gain muscle, loose weight and most importantly define muscles.

I have spent numerous hours searching the internet for the magic fix and I haven’t found it. I do everything naturally. I need some help on where to go since I’ve been working out for 3years and haven’t accomplished much. Help please?

We need more info to help you, such as your diet, more stats and training program sample.

6’1, 245lbs & 16% BF? If you really are 16% BF, then thats a fair bit of muscle you’re already carrying around.

The muscle is covered in a layer of fat because I can feel it, but not see it. I eat home made meals and workout about an hour a day.

You currently have about 205lbs of lean mass, I advise if your going to diet to simply limit your carbs to before and after lifting, I have made strength gains like that while loseing weight, youl drop 15lbs over 6-10 weeks and if you can keep your muscle you shold look prety damn big.

so like 100 carbs at breakfast, then you lift. Then you eat like 50 more If you dont eat carbs after after that you will lose weight.

Make sure your doing alot of compound movements, your body will use the carbs better the more muscle you break down.

[quote]Lakvan wrote:
I am 17 years old, 6’1", 245lbs with 16% body fat. I eat pretty healty and workout almost every day. I know that I must be doing something wrong. I would like to gain muscle, loose weight and most importantly define muscles.

I have spent numerous hours searching the internet for the magic fix and I haven’t found it. I do everything naturally. I need some help on where to go since I’ve been working out for 3years and haven’t accomplished much. Help please? [/quote]

One thing you should know is that there isn’t any magic program out there.

It takes alot of dedication and reading to figure out what works for you.

Just go over to westside-barbell.com as well as elitefts.com and read as many articles as you can, go to the gym and put the knowledge that you learned from reading into practice.

You may also be in the gym to much, by working out everyday do you mean lifting Monday-Sunday?

Or do you have 3 lifting days and 1 or 2 days where you do GPP or cardio?

That much LBM at 16? I don’t think so…

[quote]jacheson wrote:
That much LBM at 16? I don’t think so…[/quote]

I turned 16 in may and I got pics of me at 262 with 20% bodyfat caliper tested. Give it Im not accounting for any cortisol fat but Im definatley going to put on another 20lbs of muscle this year if everything goes as planned.

lifting for 3 years at 6 ft 1 with a bodyfat percent high enough to prove he eats. Its very belivable.

[quote]xb100 wrote:
Lakvan wrote:

I have spent numerous hours searching the internet for the magic fix and I haven’t found it. I do everything naturally. I need some help on where to go since I’ve been working out for 3years and haven’t accomplished much. Help please?

One thing you should know is that there isn’t any magic program out there.

It takes alot of dedication and reading to figure out what works for you.

Just go over to westside-barbell.com as well as elitefts.com and read as many articles as you can, go to the gym and put the knowledge that you learned from reading into practice.

You may also be in the gym to much, by working out everyday do you mean lifting Monday-Sunday?

Or do you have 3 lifting days and 1 or 2 days where you do GPP or cardio?[/quote]

I go and lift hard 3 days and the others I run about 2miles.

[quote]Lakvan wrote:
xb100 wrote:
Lakvan wrote:

I go and lift hard 3 days and the others I run about 2miles.[/quote]

Running is probably why you aren’t gaining any weight.

If you want to stay in shape and get a workout in check out GPP or strongman training such as farmers walks or keg throws.

Thanks to yall for helping.