17 & One Year's Progress

Okay I know im going to get bashed for doing this and I respect this site beyond belief which is why im asking for an honest opinion or two.

Im a baseball player but I have recently fell in love with the weights…more than the playing field. My body seems to grow and respond well to training and I love eating 7 healthy meals a day and working my ass off in the gym. Here are the fruits of my labor about 1 year into this game called bodybuilding.

BTW, if i get bashed i get bashed i just respect all of your opinions negative or positive…this site is the best out there in my opinion.

heres another one

Do you have a before pic by any chance?

[quote]underceej14 wrote:
Okay I know im going to get bashed for doing this and I respect this site beyond belief which is why im asking for an honest opinion or two.

Im a baseball player but I have recently fell in love with the weights…more than the playing field. My body seems to grow and respond well to training and I love eating 7 healthy meals a day and working my ass off in the gym. Here are the fruits of my labor about 1 year into this game called bodybuilding.

BTW, if i get bashed i get bashed i just respect all of your opinions negative or positive…this site is the best out there in my opinion.[/quote]

well, you seem fully aware you’re going to take a lot of heat for this.

I’m kind of confused as to what you’re going for with this post…

You look like you’ve been lifting weights for about a year and are doing alright given the time-frame.

You also look like you have a long way to go.

What did you want to hear?

what you just said was pretty good advice, so anything of that nature basically.

your dog looks confused.

And I second the above poster, if you have a before picture you can post it would give people a better idea on the kind of progress you’ve made.

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
your dog looks confused.

And I second the above poster, if you have a before picture you can post it would give people a better idea on the kind of progress you’ve made.[/quote]

lol.

You should not get bashed to bad, you did post on the beginners thread at least.

Are you a lefty? Because your left shoulder looks larger.

Well he isnt holding a shoe and the dog looks rather feminine for a builder’s pet, but hey, other than that, nothing wrong I suppose.

Seriously though: you do look more “athletic” than like a “builder”, but you arent in bad shape. To second what a previous person said, you didnt say what you were going for here/comparing/asking/etc. Keep lifting?

To answer your question… Yes i am a lefty but im also a newb poser so it could have to do with that. I also was 205 pounds as a freshman and soft as shit, so im trying to get back to that in muscle. Im currently 6’2 189 pounds…

Before pics i think would be basically your average fat backed person…think pork chops w/ love handles. To be honest i kind of just wanted to see how i looked on a forum haha. But these will be my new starting pics and maybe every couple months ill post up… Thanks for the comments.

What did the dog look like before?

To answer your question… Yes i am a lefty but im also a newb poser so it could have to do with that. I also was 205 pounds as a freshman and soft as shit, so im trying to get back to that in muscle. Im currently 6’2 189 pounds…

Before pics i think would be basically your average fat backed person…think pork chops w/ love handles. To be honest i kind of just wanted to see how i looked on a forum haha. But these will be my new starting pics and maybe every couple months ill post up… Thanks for the comments.[/quote]

No, I think you really are showing some major imbalance. Start getting some unilateral work in there to avoid any future injuries. Check out articles by Eric Cressey.

haha, dont hate on Gizmo hes a wonderful pet. lol j.k.

umm, can you explain that reply in more detail… Specifically where.

I did have lower back problems when I was younger, is that the region your suggesting?

umm, can you explain that reply in more detail… Specifically where.

I did have lower back problems when I was younger, is that the region your suggesting?[/quote]

Look at your left double bi picture.

The musculature of your shoulders and upper back is very off balanced.

Your left side is much larger than your right, which would make sense since you are a lefty. But that means you need to do extra work on your right side to even it out.

I think you should PM Eric Cresseys with your pic for him to see, he might be able to help you out.

Also look at your lat spread picture it looks like your left side is twice as big as your right!

Thanks man, I definitely see what your saying… Question is… is that neccesarily a bad thing as a lefty pitcher/righty batter…I think ill ask Mr. Cressey…

Thanks man, I definitely see what your saying… Question is… is that neccesarily a bad thing as a lefty pitcher/righty batter…I think ill ask Mr. Cressey…[/quote]

Ah, I was gonna guess you were a lefty pitcher, it is noticeable a bit. Although I think part of it may be the lighting, looks like your left side is all in shadow, while the right is sorta washing out. Plus, in the double bi pic you might not be standing straight on to the camera. Either way, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Just keep eating big, lifting big, and recovering (big?) and you’ll get where you want to be. I’m not saying avoid unilateral work, it’ll definitely help. And if you find you’re much weaker on your right side then it may be something to address, but I wouldn’t worry about it from a bodybuilding/aesthetic point of view.

Thanks man.

You and me are twins!

I played baseball till I was 16. I had been into the weights for a while and that love just continued growing. My interest for baseball slowly faded and I stopped playing last year.

I know how hard it can be to lift and and play baseball, especially at a high level. I pretty much had some sort of baseball thing going on 5 days/week and even in the winter we would practice indoors. In baseball you can’t really afford to be even a little bit sore(atleast for me) because it relies on such precise movements. In the season I would work out 3day/week full body doing one exercise for each plane(push/pull/legs) for about 2 or 3 sets of 5.

Even on this low volume though I made progress but once I stopped playing my lifts went way up. It was hard to get enough cals too because of my activity level, our coach would make us do tons of long runs(witch is pointless and counterproductive for baseball except maybe a pitcher). When I played I was usually around 175 but im up to about 200 now and just as lean.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. Good luck and keep up the good work!

haha wow thats scarily similar my canadian cousin lmao.