17 & Lost on Diet and Routine

Hey!

Im 17yo,180cm and 76kg atm. I’ve been liftting for a year. Did a shitty routine for 6 months, then ppl for 3 months, a variation of 5x5 sl (doing the normal SL routine but everyday and in a circuit way) and then I started doinng Brian Ashule Linear Strength Program (a 5/3/1 variation with giant sets and owrking antagonistic muslces) and im still doing the brian ashule routine.

Idk if i should keep doing it or do other routine. I want to get fit, strong, gain muscle, lose fat and be athletic. Atm im squatting 85kg for 7, benching 65kg for 6, barbell row 70kg for 5,ohp 45kg for 5,deadlifting 115kg for 5.

Also Im lost about my diet. I just cant count calories. I’ve tried and like its bad for me mentally. It makes me stressed, paranoid and obsessive (Im a perfectionist) and like I literally hate it.

My diet is real bad. I want to lose fat atm because like im lean and somewhat muscular but my ass and legs are fat, i want to become skinny, lean and stop having fat on me. Thats what i want atm. Atm im skipping breakfast and just eating lunch and snacking on somet stuff through the day (even though i shouldnt every time i eat i feel like i gained 20 pounds of fat) and like sometime i dont have healthy food to snack on so i just eat pastries and get even fatter (like theres nothing else to eat and im starving). I was thinking of just cutting carbs from my diet and just eating meat,fish,eggs,veggies and fruit.
What do you think? What would you suggest?

(even though i shouldnt every time i eat i feel like i gained 20 pounds of fat)

Sounds like you need to put things in perspective.

I was thinking of just cutting carbs from my diet and just eating meat,fish,eggs,veggies and fruit.
No

Maybe not eating the pastries you mentioned might be a start.

I want to get fit, strong, gain muscle, lose fat and be athletic.

Define Fit?
Define Strong?
Gain Muscle… that will come with just training smartly
Loose fat… that will come with training and being more active. pretty easy for someone at your age.
Define" Be athletic"… actually being competitive in a sport ? Because looking a certain way does not make a person athletic. Person can be ripped …jacked or what ever term you want to use and not be athletic.

Seek the aid of a trained therapist to repair your relationship with food.

3 Likes

Me too. I’d also like the looks of a young Brad Pitt and the girth of a young Ron Jeremy, but I can’t find a version of 531 for that.

I don’t want to be rude, but I’ve got to be honest man. That’s a lot of goals for someone who isn’t willing to do even the most basic of thing like counting calories. I think you need to really focus on one of those, figure out what you need to do to achieve it and get after it.

It may help to remind yourself that really, really stupid people have been achieving all the things you mentioned for centuries. It can’t be that complicated.

Edit: I’m feeling pretty old and cranky today, so apologies if this seems over harsh

2 Likes

Do you know how to count macros? Thatll be a good start and there are apps for that

EDIT: Would be better to seek the help of a therapist too. I’ve heard that counting macros can exacerbate bad relationships with food, espeically in the way that you described. You’re a slim male, so I’m not sure what your obsession with weight loss is

:laughing: you sound like a hormonal girl

training:
Brian knows his stuff finish the program/12 weeks? and then if like his stuff move on to ‘Powrbuilder’ if not run through templates off this site by guys like Dan John and Paul Carter

Diet: learn to eat like an adult.
You’re still growing so dont cut out a whole food group, but yeah most food should be meat eggs vegetables etc

1 Like

I second @T3hPwnisher. You are 17. This is not a healthy mindset. Get that fixed.

2 Likes

17 - enjoy your youth. Just eat well 90% of the time. Allow yourself a couple of treats.

As for training just follow a basic compound lift routine

1 Like

You’d probably find it on Reddit :joy: