17 and Stressed Out. Bad Conditioning, Need Advice

If you overeat, I dont care what goes in your mouth and how pure/blessed/clean it is, youre gonna put fat on.

Now, in practice, it’s a tough ask for most newbs to eat enough whole foods to get fat (unless you consider milk whole and you are enough of a dumbarse to do gomad). On the otherhand, cookies and ice cream are easy to overeat and get fat off.

1 Like

But dude I’m fat already, should I just eat clean and more now while already fat?

Get into the habit of making good food choice. Once you’ve established that you can work from there. You’ll probably find a bunch of pieces suddenly fall into place

1 Like

How hard do you plan on training?

Basically Yes. -If you’re prepared to eat ‘real clean’ as you’ve stated, and you really push it in the gym it would be a struggle to get fat even if you tried.

Ha, also reread my post meant to say reasonably flat stomach, not fat. You look totally fine just untrained

at this stage in the game just let your hunger levels dictate how much you eat, but make sure to make pristine food choices

1 Like

Dude you are not fat…

If you train hard and eat right (not over eat) your skin will start to tighten up a bit and you will start to look a bit “harder” in some areas… You’ll see your body changing.

Just focus on lifting fairly heavy, progression, and eating balanced portions throughout your meals. Avoid sugar, sodas, and juices. Drink MORE water… Eat more veggies and fruits…

Don’t worry about calories right now. Eat when your hungry, but selectively smart…

Too young to be so worried. You can gain muscle and limit fat gains by being smart.

I’m definitely going to eat proper clean meals, I’m really going to stick at it. Could I ask if it matters if I have to cook for example rice from scratch or can I heat microwavable rice?

Good idea, I’ve been so fixated on tracking calories when really I should just eat clean and when I want to but a good amount :slight_smile:

Thanks man. I think I have a tiny bit of loose skin on my stomach and stretch marks from being very overweight in the past but what can I do haha! I really am tired of tracking food it makes me constantly worry and I am too young to worry about it, I’ll just eat clean and get a lot of protein and carbs and train hard. Thanks for the advice man

Thanks everyone for the advice it’s been really helpful and great for you all to give me all the information, especially being just new to this forum it’s made me feel welcome

yeah, it’s hard to get out of the calorie-counting mindset, but IMO it’s only really necessary when you’re more experienced and looking to really push the envelope in terms of getting lean/bigger.

One step at a time. Form the good habits first, then once that becomes second nature you can start fucking with your calorie intake (either up or down) in order to take things to the next level.

Although you don’t realise it, you’re actually in a pretty amazing place to be. At your age and experience level if you clean up your diet you’ll drop fat and add muscle relatively easily (provided you put in the effort in the gym and kitchen).

If you do, then over the nexy year or so you could add 10lbs of muscle and lose 10lbs of fat, and your body will look totally amazing!

Good luck with it all!

1 Like

I really should just focus on what I’m eating and getting enough food rathee than tracking, I think tracking also gave me more excuses to eat more junk haha! And thanks so much, I guess I’m not in a bad position I just gotta do what you and everyone are saying. Means a lot man :slight_smile:

Re rice: In terms of physique will make zero difference.

How tall are you?

You said PPLx2, but just how much volume does that actually mean for you?

I’m 6’ and a bit tall. I would do a heavy compound for say a 3x5 or 5x5 and then do 2-3 isolation exercises for that bodypart on the day

Do you make a significant change in the weight you use with 3x5 vs 5x5?

What kind of progression model do you try to follow with your main lift? Weights? Reps? Form? ??

What kind of isolation exercises do you do and how many sets/reps do you normally do with them?

How many pull-ups and push-ups can you do?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but as far as I can tell you don’t give people anything to work with.

Heck, let’s go with this-

I think it goes like this- “What,exactly, did you eat yesterday?”

I honestly don’t really have a set structured program, that’s the real issue. I’m used to training 6 times per week, and I know it may be a bit overkill and I’d like to find a program that is maybe 4 or 5 days. I’m just worried that a 4 day split wouldn’t be enough volume if I’m used to 6 days?

With isolations I usually just do whatever dumbbell work or machine work for that BP for usually 3 or 4 sets of 8-12. I can do a good amount of push-ups but I’m bad at pull-ups!

Yesterday I ate:
50g Oats w/ 1tbsp peanut butter
Homemade pizza with chicken, half fat cheese, and sweetcorn
250g rice w/ 2 salmon fillets
2 scoops whey protein

The pizza was pretty big. And inb4, I know I had barely any veggies I need to go food shooping today and stock up :slight_smile:

If you kept your diet exactly the same and trained the same, what do you feel would happen to your weight?

what happened to your weight over the past month?

You need a structured training template
pick one and stick with it for a long long time. Yes you may need to improve diet also, if you want to look like you lift and eat right, you kinda need to lift and eat right for the next 5 years.

The problem is I’ve never stuck to a set goal/amount of calories, I’ve always kepnswitching back and forth between trying to diet and then bulk. I’n going to find a program, eat a good amount and clean and stick to it. Any ideas of good programs for strengtg but also muscle gain?