110lbs/49kg x1
120lbs/54kg x1
130lbs/58kg x1
140lbs/63kg xFailed lockout:/

Speed/Form Jerks-
Bar x10
135lbs/62kg x2 (EMOM x10min)
175lbs/79kg x1
(Barely even needed to dip under the bar, explosiveness has increased well lately)

Front Squats off Pins-
135lbs/62kg x5
185lbs/84kg x3
225lbs/102kg x3
255lbs/115kg x3, 5 rep clusters (1 Rep, 20sec Break)

Atlas Stones-
190lbs/86kg x2x1 (Shouldered)
225lbs/102kg x1 (PR, Felt easy pretty easy aside from pick)
250lbs/113kg xFailed (Broke off floor but did couldnā€™t lap it)

1 Like

Shoulder looks nasty mate, hope it doesnā€™t give you too much grief

1 Like

You could probably hit this fresh tbh

1 Like

Never experienced that either. Sleep a night and see how it feels. Youā€™ll most likely know if something is broken or if itā€™s just a bruise tomorrow

12/3/18- Accessory Day

• Wide-grip Lat Pull-downs- Heavier than normal x5x15 SS W/Cable Rows- x5x15

• Cable Upright Rows- x5x15 SS W/DB Shrugs- x5x15

• Hammer Curls- x5x15 SS W/Preacher Curls- x5x15

• Paused Ab Wheels- x5x20 SS W/Stir The Pot- x5x6 (6 Clockwise and Counter Clockwise)
    Paused the Stir The Pots in the 2 Spots I felt the most unstable, my abs are fried.

1 Like

12/3/18- Thought Iā€™d log what Iā€™ve been eating for today

• Breakfast- 5 eggs, Some amount of grits, 2 mini oranges, and some cherry tomatoes.

• Lunch- 8oz/226g of Ground beef, some vegetables, cheese sauce
    (Basically a philly cheesesteak sandwich without the bread)

• Intra Workout- A cup or so of watermelon juice and some BCAAā€™s

• Post Workout- 1/2 cup of oatmeal soaked in2 cups/473ml of Kefir, a scoop of protein powder overnight.

• Dinner- A big ass bowl of chili

• Snack- A nice bowl of Top Ramenā€¦ you knowā€¦ for all itā€™s health benefits Lol.

1 Like

12/4/18- Bench Day
Paused Bench SS W/Face-pulls- x10
Bar x20
135lbs/62kg x5
155lbs/70kg x5
175lbs/79kg x3
185lbs/84kg x5x3
190lbs/86kg x3x3
195lbs/88kg x2x2

Weighted Dips SS W/Chest Supported rows-
BW x10
35lbs/15kg x5x5 SS W/Rows- x5x8
BW x27

French Press- x5x12 SS W/Tricep Pushdowns- x5x20

1 Like

I hate/love my constantly thinking mind. Death Bench but for Strict Pressā€¦ I want to run it and Iā€™m only in my second week of Death Benchā€¦ Keep 90% of the accessories the same. Maybe heavy Pin Presses instead of floor press. What do you guys think?

12/5/18- Squats & Deadlifts-
Squat-
Bar x10
135lbs/62kg x8
225lbs/102kg x3
275lbs/124kg x1
315lbs/142kg x1
325lbs/147kg x1
340lbs/154kg x3 (PR Hell Yeah)

Deficit Deadlifts- (Beltless)
135lbs/62kg x5
225lbs/102kg x5
245lbs/111kg x3x5 (Feeling Fast)

Assistance Circuit x5 Rounds

• Leg Press- 4 Plates x20
  • RDLā€™s- 205lbs/93kg x15
  • Barbell Rows- 155lbs/70kg x20
  • Calf Raises- x20
1 Like

Crazy strength!

2 Likes

Thanks man! I can honestly say I think this is the strongest Iā€™ve felt ever.

Wanted to take a second and share what Iā€™ve reflected on my life tonight. This is by far the happiest and strongest Iā€™ve been in my life I think.
I think this is the first time in 3 years I havenā€™t felt any sort of depression/anxiety, anger issues I think are non existent, been sober for a 1.5yrs now (plan to keep it that way), stress is being managed very well.
I havenā€™t touched any of my depression/anxiety meds in a solid 3 months here now, and find no need for them, hopefully this is permanent farewell to these problems. My connection with my family and god is stronger than ever too. I also feel confident in taking the many punches life is gonna hit me with.
For a while I felt stuck in this belief that life wouldnā€™t get much better for me mentally and addiction wise, but I think I proved myself wrong. I think having a life goal is what did it for me, also having great support of Friends (@duketheslaya, @liftangryordie500, @j4gga2, & @strongmanvinny2), Family, & god.

Hope this can also prove to anyone that things will improve and life gets better.
This will conclude Brettā€™s late night life reflections, thank you for tuning in:)

4 Likes

Keep it up man

This is great! Well done and Iā€™m glad youā€™re doing well

1 Like

Glad youā€™re feeling good/better/great mate :+1:

Itā€™s clear to see that youā€™ve got a great work ethic and are willing to put in the hard work for something you love.

Weā€™re all excited to see how you progress in the future, so keep it up. If lifting memes help I can be your meme dealer x

1 Like

Would recommend 100% lol

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the sweetest thing anyoneā€™s ever told me :heart_eyes::heart:

1 Like

Good stuff man. Addiction is a powerful thing. Glad you beat it!

1 Like

God damn it, Iā€™m gonna stay ahead of you with Squats one of these days. Weā€™re tied. :expressionless:

1 Like

Memes are my addiction, never not send them to me

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. You yourself are kicking some serious ass. You remind me of myself at 16.

I had a fire at your age that, of course, dwindled away over time, but never fully went out and I donā€™t think it ever will as long as Iā€™m alive. In times of struggles, I look back to a time I was unstoppable and I remember that person still is me, and is inside. Whether I do this deliberately, or Iā€™m insane, Iā€™ll hear a voice in my head telling me to get the fuck up and that the ā€œoldā€ me would never settle for this. I dunno if thatā€™s an ego problem or I have undiagnosed split personality disorder, but it speaks to me and itā€™s the only thing, besides my family and friends, that keeps me moving forward when all is lost in the present.

Itā€™s very easy at times to get disillusioned from this all, whether itā€™s life or your dreams. I think whatā€™s important is to remember youā€™re never NOT you at any point in time. Youā€™re always who youā€™ve always been, and you will always be. Sometimes that does include the bad, but thatā€™s not such a bad thing when you look at the big picture, right? I hope that makes sense, it does to meā€¦sometimes all it takes is to throw on an old song you havenā€™t heard in a while, have a sick workout and the rest just follows suit.

Keep doing you, Brett.

2 Likes