World Breaker Brett: Having fun

Update: Can confirm I almost cried after walking up some stairs. Gg 20 Rep Squats, Gg

3 Likes

r.i.p brett

1 Like

I can confirm that extra food, sleep, and light GMs are your best friends here.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to see that 415 double my friend. Youā€™re a year younger than me and have at least 30 pounds on my deadlift.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m excited too, I want to get a video but at the same time I want my music on my phone to get me hyped up.

1 Like

Gotta have an iPod Nano for that, haha. But can you walk?

1 Like

Yeah, DOMS arenā€™t horrible thankfully, but I can definitely tell that it was a solid amount of fatigue on my body. Just gotta sleep it off and Iā€™ll be good to pull 415 twice.

1 Like

Question for you: do you know offhand how much you can pull without straps?

1 Like

I usually pull double overhand no hook-grip on my warm-ups, I pulled 355lbs on a warm-up recently. I have no clue off-hand but I could probably pull 385-395 strapless, only because Iā€™m fairly proficient at hook-grip, my grip isnā€™t super strong.

1 Like

I have the feeling that with hook grip you could pull at least 415. Also, do you think I could put 10 pounds on my deadlift in 8 weeks? I might go for 415 when I eventually max.

1 Like

Adding 10lbs on your max should be easy money. Iā€™m on a program that has consistently put 40-50lbs on my deadlift in about 10 weeks.

1 Like

Are you fucking serious? Thatā€™s insane.

1 Like

Itā€™s a peak program but for me the last time I ran it I was able to keep my peak gains. Look up the coan/phillipi program, works great for me.

1 Like

I was considering using that program when my pull was a meager 295. Silly, right? Iā€™ll have to check it out after I do 5/3/1 for a few more cycles. Sticking with it for 6 months to see where it takes me. Itā€™s been working, so Iā€™m happy.

1 Like

Yeah man, your gains are looking great, Hopefully Cube treats me well for my squat and bench.

1 Like

Thank you. The Cube Method seems to be working great for you as well. Good work.

1 Like

Sadly my deadlift session has to be pushed to saturday. Oh well, more recovery time for it I guess.

1 Like

Make sure you can walk before you pull heavy, haha.

1 Like

10/19/18- Squat & Log Press
3ct. Paused Back Squats-
Bar x10
135lbs/62kg x10
225lbs/102kg x8
255lbs/115kg x3x8

Log Strict Press- SS W/Face Pulls- x20
Empty Log x10
95lbs/43kg x5
115lbs/52kg x5
125lbs/56kg x5
95lbs/43kg x11 (Had 2 or 3 more reps in the tank, but none the less itā€™s a PR)

Incline Close-grip Bench- SS W/Lat Pulldowns x8
Bar x10
135lbs/62kg x3
155lbs/70kg x1
165lbs/64kg x3x2

My big deadlift session is tomorrow so Iā€™m pretty excited. Everything was pretty light so I listened to some of @j4gga2 suggestions for classical music. Also jammed out pretty hard to Fur Elise. I think everyone should give classical music a try, especially for a lifting session every once in a while.

1 Like

Smash it out big boi :muscle:

1 Like