T Nation

1645 Total @ 193 (My Worst Meet)

sweet

Well, your worst meet still looks pretty damn awesome – great lifts. How’s the hammy doing?

Well atleast you set a bench PR.

You know if you were 250lbs or more white chicks would gravitate towards you uncontrollably.

[quote]kgildner wrote:
Well, your worst meet still looks pretty damn awesome – great lifts. How’s the hammy doing?[/quote]

It’s better now, i’ve been icing a lot. getting a massage this week to help loosen it up.Thanks for asking.

[quote]ibnmahama wrote:

[quote]kgildner wrote:
Well, your worst meet still looks pretty damn awesome – great lifts. How’s the hammy doing?[/quote]

It’s better now, i’ve been icing a lot. getting a massage this week to help loosen it up.Thanks for asking.
[/quote]

Great lifting man!

sucks to hear! i just had the same thing happen to me

Although I am not too qualified to give lifting advice i am a freaking expert on healing injuries! (suffered through many)

one of my tips would be to stay away from anti inflames (the inflammation is necessary to initiate healing in the injured tissue)

two, do NOT ice the area (this my affect th permeability of the lymph vessels and slow down healing), use ice only if the pain is unbearable. The best way to control inflammation is compression, this is where my cheap knee wraps come in handy, just throw them around the hamstring and compress as needed. (clinical trials have found no difference between icing+compression and compression alone).

Thirdly, make sure to eat a lot of vegetables (preferably organic and local) add a lot of vitamin C and glutamine to your shakes if you have them.

These procedures have helped me increase healing time drastically on all of my injuries, hope it heals up soon!

great stuff

Awesome lifting!

[quote]ibnmahama wrote:

[quote]kgildner wrote:

[/quote]

Speedy recovery then! Looking forward to your next videos, those are still some enviable numbers.

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:

[quote]ibnmahama wrote:

[quote]kgildner wrote:

[/quote]

Great lifting man!

sucks to hear! i just had the same thing happen to me

Although I am not too qualified to give lifting advice i am a freaking expert on healing injuries! (suffered through many)

one of my tips would be to stay away from anti inflames (the inflammation is necessary to initiate healing in the injured tissue)

two, do NOT ice the area (this my affect th permeability of the lymph vessels and slow down healing), use ice only if the pain is unbearable. The best way to control inflammation is compression, this is where my cheap knee wraps come in handy, just throw them around the hamstring and compress as needed. (clinical trials have found no difference between icing+compression and compression alone).

Thirdly, make sure to eat a lot of vegetables (preferably organic and local) add a lot of vitamin C and glutamine to your shakes if you have them.

These procedures have helped me increase healing time drastically on all of my injuries, hope it heals up soon![/quote]

Thanks for the information

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
great stuff[/quote]

Thanks

[quote]kgildner wrote:

[quote]ibnmahama wrote:

[quote]kgildner wrote:

[/quote]

Speedy recovery then! Looking forward to your next videos, those are still some enviable numbers.[/quote]
Thanks you

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
Awesome lifting![/quote]

Thanks man

You are a beast, man!

What is your training schedule like? Do you do volume, heavy singles, split training, full body, high frequency…

What are some of your favorite ways to build the big 3?

Have you plateaued on anything for a while? If so, what did you do to get through it?

[quote]666Rich wrote:
You are a beast, man!

What is your training schedule like? Do you do volume, heavy singles, split training, full body, high frequency…

What are some of your favorite ways to build the big 3?

Have you plateaued on anything for a while? If so, what did you do to get through it?[/quote]

5 day training cycle. Monday- bench and accessory work for chest), tues- deadlifts(back), thurs- speed press and heavy triceps, friday-squats, sat- shoulder, shrugs. I customized the sheiko ms-prep 2 to fit my schedule,so the least reps i do are doubles for my heaviest training weight. I throw in volume work on my accessory stuff. To build the big three i focus on compound stuff mostly. For when i do plateau i switch up some times my main workout. So say for bench instead of doing the two bench sessions sheiko provides for the workout, i will dedicate the 2nd part of the bench session to floor presses. For the other lifts i will incorporate other accessory stuff or add bands etc.