160 Grams of Carbs Pre-Workout Too Much?

1 scoop of Gatorade Powder (85g carbs) + 2 FINiBARs (2 x 38g carbs) = 160g Carbs

(I mix my Gatorade Powder with CH)

Is this too much Carbs? Should I be worried about becoming diabetic lol.

I’m around 175lbs I think.

ya bro…too much. The beetus is knocking on your door

I get about this amount total on my workout days, lol :expressionless:

I think it’s too much, unless you’re going to be knocking down a bunch of sprints afterwards or something like that. Then maybe, but I’d still start lower.

I think I do roughly 50 g pre workout, with 25 g whey and some creatine. I wouldn’t think 160g would be necessary just for an hour lifting session assuming you eat at least some other carbs throughout the day.

no :slight_smile:

I routinely down 3 FINiBARs preworkout (120g), and then on leg days will occasionally also throw a scoop of Surge Workout Fuel in the mix (another 30g I think). Some people can handle more carbs, others can’t. Also, It’s not like you’re keeping your insulin levels constantly elevated all day long (right? -lol)

S

I do 2 FINiBARS and Anaconda (or MAG-10 50g dextrose) just about every day, which is pushing 120-130. But, this is around half of my total days worth of carbs. I’d say you’re fine.

Good to know thanks guys

I might experiment with a little less Gatorade Powder… But won’t go under 110g carbs for sure.

No not much insulin spike the rest of the day. Other carbs oats, yams, bread and fruit AM…

See man from the couple of replies you’ve gotten in this thread the only conclusion you can come up with is that this is highly individual

I only have 40g-60g carbs about 45mins pre workout and do better on this than when I have a lot of carbs

[quote]zraw wrote:
See man from the couple of replies you’ve gotten in this thread the only conclusion you can come up with is that this is highly individual

I only have 40g-60g carbs about 45mins pre workout and do better on this than when I have a lot of carbs[/quote]

X2

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

I only have 40g-60g carbs about 45mins pre workout and do better on this than when I have a lot of carbs[/quote]

X2
[/quote]

Same here. One bottle of Gatorade (35 grms carbs) with whey does the trick. If Im “fat adapted” from a prolonged no carb phase I do real well with only bout 3-4 tspns sugar in a large coffee which is only about 16 grms and I still get a massive pump and get very vascular during the workout.

When I tried the old original Anaconda protocols (there were a few like with lots of Surge or the FINiBARs etc )it really reduced my endurence. For some reason I would build lactic acid way too easy and way too much. Thibs explained why all those carbs might do this but don’t remember the reason.