16 Yr Old, 143lbs, 5'6, 3 Months Training

1)back

free pose?

trunks
looks distorted but its not, maybe because my calves are small

My training-
Basically i do deadlifts and other upperback/lowerback work in one training day,
Chins/dips and delt work, like military press in another. I squat and benchpress in another day, which equates to 3 training days a week.
Just started doing weighted chins and dips recently.

from the start of the year i was 128lb, have gained to 143lb now.

Numbers:
Deadlift 286lbx4
Squat 176lb x 8
Benchpress 132lb x 8

Thanks all for watching.

3 months training?
You have the required photos that the posters like to see here, but having only trained for three months you probably should’nt have posted on RMP just yet. Still, whats your lift numbers?

Oh I see you posted them. Well your deadlift is pretty good compared to your squat and bench. Still your bench and squat are pretty low, even for your age. Hit the gym and come back and post a RMP in at least a year or two.

Do you really think we would be able to identify you from the back of your head?

I don’t know what your expecting by posting on here if you’ve only been training 3months.

Maybe the guy is just looking for a benchmark to start from, and a little advice on the physique. Not sure why everyone needs to flame guys that get rated between 1 and 3. Just rate the phsique and give them a little encouragement. Maybe we’ll see them again in 6-12 months and they’ll be a 4-5.

This doesn’t apply to posters with crappy attitudes or rude comments - aka the beast awakens.

Trick…work the forearms and back. Try some deads and pull-ups. Legs look like they have good potential. I give you a 2.

I give you a 3. Even though I’m not supposed to… I’m considering your age and training experience.

You are in pretty good shape for your age.

I notice your right side (assuming no mirror) is much more developed than your left. Your delt and lat are huge compared to left side… see your ‘free pose’

Your arms look fairly small… try hitting them… maybe throw some curls or tricep work into one of your routine days.

Also… maybe look into a new routine? I’m not a fan of overall body workouts.

No one really has yet, but I’m sure they will start saying that you’re skinny, so eat and lift… obviously you’re doing that right so far… keep up the good work, but prepare for a bunch of guys to flame.

Hit your arms, esp. forearms

good luck.

The 5x5 is working for me, maybe you should try that

I thought my bench was low, you do have a nicer looking chest, but I don’t think I’m the one to give rating’s here so I won’t :smiley:

keep training, and remember to EAT

thanks all

Oh god… do yourself a favor and add some direct arm work in, will you…

Keep progressing and eating lots, then post pics in 2-5 years time.

Has all been said before, I know, but the more often something is said, the higher the chance that the op will actually do it.

I will do it. I swear. Yeah, do i do isolation exercises for my arms? Like bicep curls?

Yes, those will help. Isolation arm work is helpful but don’t make it a staple. Compound lifts are still your best friend, focus your workouts on those. Add arm isolation as it becomes necessary. Tricep extensions are another example.

I find it hysterical that this guy railed on “The Beast” as well!

Do curls for Bis (no need to do 4 or 5 different exercises for bis, just standing BB curls or Alternating DB Curls as one main movement to keep gettin PRs on, then perhaps incline curls/machine curls or Pinwheel curls… if you think you need a second exercise.

Do 2-3 warmup sets, increasing the weight on each one, then do one all out set.

Once you get it right, you can rest the bar on your thighs or so after you fail to complete a rep, then take in a few breaths, do another rep, till you’re done.

Just focus on lifting more each time, if your reps fall significantly, stay at that weight and try to just get more reps next time… etc.

For triceps try PJR Pullovers, Close-grip Presses in the smith machine or power rack, pushing towards your feet as well as up.

Wouldn’t personally use skullcrushers, too hard to progress consistently on those, and they kill my elbows…

[quote]njrusmc wrote:
Yes, those will help. Isolation arm work is helpful but don’t make it a staple. Compound lifts are still your best friend, focus your workouts on those. Add arm isolation as it becomes necessary. Tricep extensions are another example.

I find it hysterical that this guy railed on “The Beast” as well![/quote]

The BB Curl is pretty much the arm version of a compound movement, especially once you master the cheating technique (but it’s too early for him for that imo)

Do you by chance know the name of the triceps movement that larry scott was so fond of (also the barbarian brothers)?

The one where you face away from the Pulley/cable tower, kneel and put your elbows on twin pedestrals in front of you… those are killer for long head size (and tris in general, of course.) and don’t hurt my elbows one bit…

Do weighted chins and dips help? i’m doing sets of 5 reps with a 14kg weight attached

[quote]trick_1992 wrote:
Do weighted chins and dips help? i’m doing sets of 5 reps with a 14kg weight attached[/quote]

They do, but remember that your body is getting heavier too (keep that in mind when choosing how much weight to add to the exercise).
And if you don’t get heavier, well, then you’re doing something wrong :wink:

[quote]njrusmc wrote:

I find it hysterical that this guy railed on “The Beast” as well![/quote]

Well, “The Beast” was coming in cocky and just way over the top. This guy is seeming to want to use this a ‘progress report’ and will probably post after modifying his plan per these suggestions.

BTW - is your avatar available in t-shirt form?

[quote]LightsOutLuthor wrote:
njrusmc wrote:

I find it hysterical that this guy railed on “The Beast” as well!

Well, “The Beast” was coming in cocky and just way over the top. This guy is seeming to want to use this a ‘progress report’ and will probably post after modifying his plan per these suggestions.

BTW - is your avatar available in t-shirt form?[/quote]

Yeah, if it is, I want one too.
Then again, people here in germany seem to think of the squat and power racks as odd pieces of furniture.

I don’t exactly have to wait in line if I want to use them… thank god.

arite thanks. yes i’m ready to accept any critism as these would help me improve. Thanks guys