16 Years Old, Need A LOT Of Help

Basically, ive been working out at home for 2 years on and off but recently i have lost all hope of getting bigger and stronger. I am 5"11 and 140-145lbs. I currently have a bench and free weights.

I have done a ton of reading on working out and i play highschool hockey but i still have not found a simple routine that i could use. My biggest problem is my small thighs. If anyone could post a good routine for a beginner with a bench and free weights it would be appreciated more than you could imagine. Thanks.

Id pop in and read the are you a beginner thread and thew links in it therew are tons of great programs and many are in there then come bck with any ?'s

Also the more info the better when asking for help. Youll find we dont like to spoon feed ppl here and rather tham do a little work themselves read, post info on what youve been doing etc so then we can tell you whats wrong with that and well you learn why things havent worked etc

Phill

What exactly do you have? “Free weights”. I assume this means a barbell. With how much weight? Do you have dumbells also?

I have a bench, two dumbbells, a 20lb barbell, and several weights ranging from 2 1/5lbs to 45lbs.

[quote]dom91 wrote:
I have a bench, two dumbbells, a 20lb barbell, and several weights ranging from 2 1/5lbs to 45lbs. [/quote]

Go to a gym, or buy a lot more weights.

check out www.defrancostraining.com

I’m 5"11 and 157.

Same age as you, and bulking up won’t do anything for you, all you need is water, correct nutrition, protein to help repair those torn muscles.

Free weights are nice, if you want to bulk its sets with 5 reps. and to get lean muscles its 10 reps. in each set, at least thats what I’ve been told and follow.

Gymnast exercises always help me a lot, dips are great, of course variations of push ups, diamonds, wide, bicep, hands close to waist, hands above head push ups
these prove easy to do anywhere and help.

To work the chest along with you benching routine, do flies, dumbbell presses.

To work the core, v-sits, l-sits (difficult for beginner) crunches, side crunches, leg lifts.

Never pass up on your cardio, it is very important.
Setting up a workout plan is also very good and a helpful way to set goals, and record your current standings.

http://www.dominiclacasse.com/domlacasse.php?lang=fr&cat=video#video

Watch some of his videos he has lots of good workouts and ideas, many of his workouts I use and add some twists and variations, they prove to work really well and help a lot.

Hopefully I helped, I am young but advise is advise, as long as you take it in and learn from it.

Okay, so i went on www.defrancostraining.com recommended by superhero #1 and did some reading. I decided that I will go on this program for now. Let me know what you guys think of this workout plan:

MONDAY: UPPER BODY

Bench Press: Work up to max set of 3-5 reps

Bent-over dumbbell row: 4 sets of 10-15 reps

Bent-over dumbbell rear delt flyes: 2-3 sets of 12-15 reps

Russian twists: 3-4 sets of 8-15 reps

WEDNESDAY: LOWER BODY

Front squats: Work up to max set of 5 reps

Single leg squats, back leg elevated: 3-4 sets of 8-15 reps

Leg curls: 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Wrist roller: 3 sets

FRIDAY: REPETITION UPPER BODY

Barbell bench press: 3 sets of max reps with 60 seconds rest between each set

Dumbbell tricep extensions: 3-4 sets of 5-10 reps

Dumbbell lateral raises: 3-4 sets of 10-15 reps

Alternate Dumbbell curls: 3 sets of 8-10 reps

Abdominal circuit training with no rest between exercises.

That’s pretty good, now all you need is to bust your balls and eat like a horse (or a dozen) :slight_smile:

i was using WSFSB and i found to be…too little volume because I am still a beginner. That was just me though, I will go back to it after i get a little bigger though.

so what are you using now?

I haven’t decided yet…I decided WSFSB was too low volume over the weekend. I’ll probably go with a body part split. I’m feeling back/biceps today (still have almost 2 hours left of today)just because I like pullups.

Hmph I feel like I’m ripping off Prof when I say that there’s no one right way to train. Give WSFSB a try and if that doesn’t work keep experimenting.

hmm i just read you’re a hockey player…I’m a XC skiier (skate and classic) and skate is basically the same movement as hockey skating, I really thought lunges made a difference in my skiing. Do them uphills till your legs fall off.