16 Years Old, Few Q's

ok so here it goes. im currently 16 years old, im 5"8 3/4, and i weigh 188 lb. my body fat is somewhere around 10-15%, im not sure. been working out about a year and four months now, and here are my stats:

bench: 235
squat: 300
deadlift: 350

(* just want to add, my form for these weights are pretty close to “perfection” (for me, anyway). i squat all the way, touch my chest with the bench and dont cheat on the deadlift. i work out around people that have been doing it longer than i have been here, and it had progressed my form tremendously)

i take one whey powder protein supplment after each workout, and i have a pretty strict, healthy diet. i dont do as much cardio as i should (3 times a week, usually) and theres this lingering belly fat i have, lower mostly that just doesent change. doesent go away, doesent get any worse, i think its genetic but id like to rid myself of it. i can post my entire workout and diet if you guys find nessacary.

jsut like to get a few comments and pointers on how im doing, what i should be doing, and where to go from here. im constantly getting pretty decent, quick gains, and im pretty happy with that.

thanks guys, Adam (16, M, Canada)

3 things:

1. Eat lots of food
  2. Lift lots of heavy stuff
  3. Sleep a lot

That belly fat comes from having very little muscle on your body. Concentrate on gaining some muscle mass and getting freaky strong. When that happens, you’ll be able to concentrate on how you look.

[quote]zarro wrote:
3 things:

1. Eat lots of food
  2. Lift lots of heavy stuff
  3. Sleep a lot

That belly fat comes from having very little muscle on your body. Concentrate on gaining some muscle mass and getting freaky strong. When that happens, you’ll be able to concentrate on how you look. [/quote]

if you really wanna know, when i started i weighed about 145-150 lb, with the exact same body fat as i have now. my ches is now dominant over my waist, though by about 8 inches. i work abs alot, along with everything else, of course. i dont see that being the problem, but of course im gonna listen, your probably way more experienced than i am, thanks dude.

Along with what zarro said just keep working hard and eating hard as well. you seem to be making progress and at 16 your approaching your prime time bro I wouldnt sweat that lil fat it will likely help better than the many now a days who are very under fed. Keep working and eating you’ll progress and grow into that as well.

if you really want anything more form us we would have to know more as in your diet, training etc.

Keep it up,
Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Along with what zarro said just keep working hard and eating hard as well. you seem to be making progress and at 16 your approaching your prime time bro I wouldnt sweat that lil fat it will likely help better than the many now a days who are very under fed. Keep working and eating you’ll progress and grow into that as well.

if you really want anything more form us we would have to know more as in your diet, training etc.

Keep it up,
Phill[/quote]

Yeah, you’re lightyears ahead of where I was at 16, you’ll be fine if you keep it hard and consistent.

Update from 01/11/07:

Deadlift: 395
Bench: 270
Squat: 315 x 5

Thats my progress since Jan. 11… I currently have a sternum injury of some sort, and right now im cutting a little bit. Ill update again in a little while :slight_smile:

Nice work Adam, keep it up. Good progress for 2 months.