16 Year Old Looking for Tips

I have been lifting for apprx 2 years on and off. Just wondering if i could get some tips. Thanks
Bench max=250
Back Squat max=295
Curl Max= 100

Iam still a beginner. mostly naturally strong although it may not look like.
PS; the pictures make my back look a lot smaller than it is. much wider in real life

i dont know how to post more pics on here so youll have to go to my profile to view them sorry

Thanks

I started awhile a go myself, but you deff need some work on your arms if bodybuilding is your goals. If strenght is your goal, i would go with Starting strenght, great program. Im also guessing that the close proximity between bench and squat means you dont train legs that hard.

How much do you weight and waht do you deadlift?

i weigh 180

iam a beginner to lifting and have only tried deadlifting once with very small weight. iam going to the gym tonight and iam gonna talk to one of the big guys i see there all the time about deadlifting. i have kinda been scared away from it by all the articles about injuries from deadlifting. where can i find the strenght program

[quote]tylerberres11 wrote:
i weigh 180

iam a beginner to lifting and have only tried deadlifting once with very small weight. iam going to the gym tonight and iam gonna talk to one of the big guys i see there all the time about deadlifting. i have kinda been scared away from it by all the articles about injuries from deadlifting. where can i find the strenght program[/quote]

Don’t bother with the “program”! Go talk to those big guys that are deadlifting and tell them you want to train and are serious. You will learn FAR more from them than any fucking program.

[quote] Matt wrote:
tylerberres11 wrote:
i weigh 180

iam a beginner to lifting and have only tried deadlifting once with very small weight. iam going to the gym tonight and iam gonna talk to one of the big guys i see there all the time about deadlifting. i have kinda been scared away from it by all the articles about injuries from deadlifting. where can i find the strenght program

Don’t bother with the “program”! Go talk to those big guys that are deadlifting and tell them you want to train and are serious. You will learn FAR more from them than any fucking program.[/quote]

Yea i did the same when i started, which gave me a jump in my bench by about 50 pounds, 80 pounds on squats and 120 on deads.

thanks for the info. just got back from lifetime. and i talked to one of the big guys who helped me out with some compound lifts. what are some of the most effect lifts that is should use?

Squats and deadlift

Squats, Dips, Deadlifts, chin ups, cleans, snatch, lunges, and the almighty bicep curl of the fork with food on it to the mouth [aka eating]

I have been lifting for apprx 2 years on and off. Just wondering if i could get some tips. Thanks
Bench max=250
Back Squat max=295
Curl Max= 100

Iam still a beginner. mostly naturally strong although it may not look like.
PS; the pictures make my back look a lot smaller than it is. much wider in real life
[/quote]

Can you tell me what your goals are?

my goals are to get strong im tired of being the chubster i need to get big. thats simply my goal

my goals are to get strong im tired of being the chubster i need to get big. thats simply my goal[/quote]

Alright, one very improtant thing to remember about strength training in genral is to build from the bottom up. I want you to try the following lower body workout Monday and Friday:
1 minute of squats with 135
2x30 leg extension
4x10 leg curl
5x15 leg press

That is a killer lower body workout, once you get better, start increasing the time you do squats and the weight on the other machines

Then on Wednesday upper body
Incline Bench 3x10
Bench press 4x8
Military press 3x10

You can choose whichever day you choose to lift weights for the following exercises, but get them in.

Bent over row 3x10
Batwing 5x15
Tricep Pulldown 3x10
Deadlifts 5x3
Upright rows 3x10
Reverse Curls 5x15
Barbell Curl 3x10

If you can fit in the workouts you will be strong in no time. Make sure to have a high protein diet and not lag on the carbs before a hard weight workout.
I would suggest running A LOT. Running is THE best exercise for burning unwanted fat. However, you can do other cardio if you want.

Pick an exercise and find out how many calories it burns.
Good luck bro, just ask me if you need more help.

[quote]Brucelee69 wrote:

Alright, one very improtant thing to remember about strength training in genral is to build from the bottom up. I want you to try the following lower body workout Monday and Friday:
2x30 leg extension
4x10 leg curl
5x15 leg press

That is a killer lower body workout, once you get better, start increasing the time you do squats and the weight on the other machines

Incline Bench 3x10
Bench press 4x8
Military press 3x10

You can choose whichever day you choose to lift weights for the following exercises, but get them in.

Bent over row 3x10
Batwing 5x15
Tricep Pulldown 3x10
Deadlifts 5x3
Upright rows 3x10
Reverse Curls 5x15
Barbell Curl 3x10

If you can fit in the workouts you will be strong in no time. Make sure to have a high protein diet and not lag on the carbs before a hard weight workout.
I would suggest running A LOT. Running is THE best exercise for burning unwanted fat. However, you can do other cardio if you want.

[/quote]

PLEASE STOP GIVING ADVICE

Jesus christ I hope this poor kid doesn’t listen to you.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
PLEASE STOP GIVING ADVICE

Jesus christ I hope this poor kid doesn’t listen to you.[/quote]

Just because you don’t like his advice doesn’t mean it isn’t good advice. This kid obviously needs to avoid heavy weights, and instead focus on leg extensions and tricep kickbacks. They’re more functional.

Ya my vertical has gone up 40" since I started focusing my workout on leg extensions. Guy gave a good program, don’t make fun of him.

my goals are to get strong im tired of being the chubster i need to get big. thats simply my goal
[/quote]

You may not be able to detect it, but the two posts above me ^^ were sarcastic.

Everything above BruceLee69’s was solid advice.

[quote]Brucelee69 wrote:
tylerberres11 wrote:

2x30 leg extension
4x10 leg curl
5x15 leg press

Incline Bench 3x10
Bench press 4x8
Military press 3x10

Bent over row 3x10
Batwing 5x15
Tricep Pulldown 3x10
Deadlifts 5x3
Upright rows 3x10
Reverse Curls 5x15
Barbell Curl 3x10

[/quote]

LOL.

No one mentioned diet yet, have you got that sorted?

If not i suggest you look up Berardi’s 7 Habits and start with this as your base.