T Nation

16 Months: Overweight to Pro Card

I really need to be this organised for my cooking, one of these days. Any chance of legs pics (just being nosey no particular reason) and perhaps another doggie pic :wink:

Not a great leg pic but you might get an idea of what my legs looks like. This was legs back when I was 190 at about 6-7% bf.

Legs at 205 when I was 10% bf

Sounds like you're right on schedule Chad, would love to see some progress pictures when you get a chance. Keep it up!

This one is from this week. I will try to take one with shirt off next week. I am 197. I have 6-7 more pounds to go.

3/24/14?45 Days Out from Contest

I wanted to post a typical day for me right now.

I was on the road all last week so I had to cook and make all of my food for the road. 11 meals and meal replacement packets. I also had client dinners I had to go on. Other than getting sick of eating cold food, I did really well.

I also had to workout in the hotel gym so had to adapt exercises and rep ranges. You can get very creative on a workout with limited amount of equipment and weights.

Workout for Monday:
Chest/Back, Abs
Incline DB Bench Press ? 4 sets 8-15 reps
Lat Pulldown ? 4 sets 10-15 reps

Superset:
Standing Cable Flys ? 3 sets 10-15 reps
T-bar Row ? 3 sets 10-15 reps

Superset:
DB Bench Press? 3 sets 8-12 reps
Close Grip Cable Row ? 3 sets 10-15 reps

Superset:
Decline Hammer Press ? 3 sets failure
Close Grip Pulldown ? 3 sets to failure

Abs 3 sets
Hanging Knee Raises
Rope Crunch
Broomstick Twist
Swiss Ball Crunch

This workout started out good but I didn?t have anything in the tank at the end. I got 5 hours of sleep because I picked up my son at the airport late last night. I will be going to sleep early tonight. I was glad to be working out with my partner today.

I did about 15 minutes of posing in the aerobics room at 24 Hour Fitness. I like to be alone when I am in there but there are usually a few people in there doing stretches or some other exercises. I feel ridiculous posing in the mirror when they are in there. Hopefully I will get over it.

DIET
Before workout
2 Labrada HICA MAX Tablets
1 quart of water
2 scoops of Labrada Super Charge
1 scoop of Labrada ProV 60 Protein
1 scoop of Labrada Power Carb
6 Labrada Sorenzyme pills on empty stomach (I have been taking another brand for a year but switched once I found out Labrada had these. Labrada is way ahead on stuff. .The only thing I have changed is this so I really believe it is working.)

Right after workout
1 quart of water
1 scoop of Labrada Power Carb
5 g of creatine

Meal 1 (after workout)
1 Cup Pasteurized Egg Whites
Supplements after meal 1
2,000 mg Vitamin C, Multi-Vitamins, Vitamin D 4,000 IU (am going to increase this), Glucosamine Chondroiton, Zinc, and 2,000 mg Omega 3 Fish Oil

Meal 2
5oz Chicken
¾ cup of Basmati Rice
½ cup of green beans
1.5 tbsp of almond butter

Meal 3
5oz Ground turkey in taco seasoning
¾ cup of Basmati Rice
½ cup of green beans

Meal 4
5oz Chicken
¾ cup of Basmati Rice
½ cup of green beans

Meal 5
5 oz chicken breast
2 cups of mixed vegetables
6 oz of sweet potatoes
½ tsp of coconut oil

Meal 6
1 cup of Almond Milk
1.5 scoops of Labrada ProV 60 Protein
1 cup of oatmeal

Approximate Calories: 3,058
Carbs: 308 g
Protein: 311 g
Fats: 64 g

I was doing a 45%C/45%P/10%F diet for 4 weeks then this week went back 40%C/40%P/20%F and the fat is melting off. It has been a good transition and will have to remember this 6 weeks out of next show.

ONE TIP TODAY: One of the keys to my success is to make sure I cook all my meals before the week begins. Yes, it takes 2-3 hours to do it (I can do it in 2 hours now) but it will keep you on track and help you meet your physique and health goals.

A quick picture from last week. Still about 7 lbs away from stage weight. Fat from obliques and abs need to be shedded. It is the last to go for me.

Still following bro. How you can hold to that diet for so long is beyond me. Are you still over 3,000 cal?

I am. Going down to around 2,900 this week. Taking some carbs out. Right on pace for the next 5 1/2 weeks. Great not having to play catchup (yet)...

Wow you look awesome in that last pic. Congratulations on your results and hard work. Your upper chose looks nice and rounded now, it was a little flat on your first page (says me who looks nowhere near as good as you!).

Look great!!

Thanks I have tried to improve on my chest the past year. I still have a lot of work to do but it is a marathon. Consist eating and working out will get me there.

Nice work Chad, leaning up nicely and looks like you're on schedule. I can't remember and you might've mentioned it already, but are you doubt multiple shows this spring? If so, what's your approach to maintaining and possibly improving on conditioning between shows?

wow

Great question. I haven't really thought about it yet even though the contest in July is more important (NPC Masters Championships--where I can earn my IFBB pro card) than Europa in Dallas in May. I have about 10 weeks in between shows.

I am considering entering Team Universe (drug tested) on July 4th but would like to get one more sponsor to help me with the costs of that trip to NY. This is 8 weeks after Europa.

I will probably come in around 188-190 for Europa and won't get over 195 in between shows. The first 6 weeks after a contest is a great time to put on some muscle because your body is anabolic when you go into a surplus of calories. You just can't over do it. I will probably ease my calories up 200-300 cals per week and monitor.

Here is one from yesterday before the refeed day. A bit flat but you get the picture 5 weeks out. Still have a lot of work to do but feel prey good where I am. Will have to see the scale move this week. Didn't see it move this week.

After refeed on Saturday (200 g of extra carbs). Lost 1 lb last week so right on schedule. This pic is not after a workout, no flex, and no posing. (The pic is way too big also...yowza)

Hey man! I've been quasi-following this thread for awhile. I'll be at the Europa Dallas show, but competing in Powerlifting. At one point I considered prepping for the physique show as well, but since I've never competed in either, I figured I'd stick with one competition to start :slight_smile: . Plus if you're any indication of what to expect from the competition, I'd get blown out of the water. Great stuff in here, good luck on your continued prep!

Damn you look pretty much good to go from where im sittin

Flip, thanks! That is why I love Europa is you can watch all kinds of events. As I get to go up on stage and be in a beauty competition, others are doing some great stuff like powerlifting, grappling or something that takes a lot of athleticism. It is a big show but hope to run into you. I will definitely check out the powerlifting competition.