16 Months: Overweight to Pro Card

I haven’t posted in a while because I have gone through a lot these past 6 months. A lot of life change events. A job change (I am doing transformation coaching full time), my dad passed away 6 months ago and my mother passed away on Sept 25th of cancer. We just found out she had it in June and I have been caring for her these past 4 months. It has been pretty gut wrenching year but people’s prayers have sustained me and my family. God has been good even though it has been very difficult.

I was supposed to compete in 2 contests this year including one next week but with everything going on I have decided to wait until 2016. This was a great decision and even though I have not competed for over a year that is okay. I have been fairly consistent at the gym and diet has been OK (not great). I hope to compete again in April (21 months until I last competed). The physique division will probably change in 2016 with the added Classic Physique division. Since I have been drug free all my life, I will stay in the physique division. My wheels are “ok” but in order for me to make amazing improvements I would have to get “on stuff” and I have promised myself I would not. I started to compete to get healthy and being “on” would do the opposite.

Anyway, I am weighing around 204 right now and in decent shape. I am going to add as much muscle as I can in 12 weeks then in January I will start the prep for the show in April. Will start keeping you updated over here. Here is what I look like right now:

10/10, awesome transformation man.

[quote]daltron wrote:
10/10, awesome transformation man.[/quote]

Thanks

Alright everyone! It is Sunday and I am preparing for the week. I will be having 3 days going forward a high calorie day, regular calorie day and off day. Will be trying to stay around the 203-205 range. Will monitor waistline for bodyfat through this process. I will be continuing to make improvements for my IFBB debut in April.

Here is what my macros will look like:

Regular days: 308 P/240 C/90 F 3000 cals
High days: 272 P/391 C/83 F 3,400 cals
Rest days: 308 P/192 C/ 90 g 2808 cals

I will post my workouts as I go through them during the week. Being 45 years old, I really focus on time under tension and focus on the muscle being worked. Like I tell my clients, I check my ego at the door on how much weight I lift.

I will be doing 2 days of 20 - 25 minutes of cardio just to get the blood flowing and recovery. I don’t like to do too much cardio during the off season if at all but this year I didn’t do any cardio in the off season and really didn’t like the way I felt. My warm up will be 10 minutes on the treadmill just to get focused on the workout at hand.

I will keep you updated on the process and will probably do some YouTube videos with it starting in January on the prep with decent video production on the workouts, food prep and what to go through.

Pic after arms earlier this week:

Kind of been off plan lately. Will get back on plan tomorrow. Excited for this prep for the April show. I do have a shoulder that hurts right now so need to figure this one out. Hope to get some trigger point therapy on it.

Where has the time gone? Well I didn’t compete at all in 2015 because of both of my parents passing away. 2015 was a crazy year and I was taking care of my mom through her cancer until she passed away. I stayed on point with my workouts and diet at a decent level but no shape of competing in the IFBB.

I am not 100% sure but I will probably compete in mid June in Dallas. I am a bit behind but have about 11 weeks to go. Have been stepping on the gas the last few weeks. I will keep everyone updated on when I will return and will start posting pictures of my prep. Last pic at end of February. I have a long way to go

Is anyone still on here who has kept up with my transformation and competing? Just checking. If you are let me know. If you want me to share with you my journey to my first pro show then I will do it. If no responses, will probably do it on another site.

I’m still following…

I’m still following, too.

Still following as well as Facebook and instagram.

Still here and following…

Alright guys. Monday is when I will update everyone here. I am 14 weeks out and it should be a good prep to follow.

Good deal, still following also. What are you weighing these days?

I am about 206 right now. Contest in 14 weeks.

1 Like

Still checking in. So are you at 7 weeks till comp?

Great question. Where has Chad been? He said he was competing in 7 weeks and would start posting. Why hasn’t he? I know some of you might be asking.

Let me give you some updates. I have built my coaching business pretty well but have been doing doing consulting work for a nutrition company. In all of that, I was named acting VP of Marketing for this nutrition company (don’t want to name it here because I don’t think it would be appropriate on this forum.

I am now working 7 days a week which is insane. My workouts and diet are dialed in and doing well. I am about 201.5 and need to be around 192-194. I probably could compete in 7 weeks but something will break if I do. I decided to choose another contest in mid-October in California (about 15 weeks away) to give me some extra time and try breath a little bit.

I am taking a deload week this week to kind of put it all together. I will probably hire a coach during this time so I don’t have to try to figure everything out during this very busy time in my life.

I am definitely living the dream. Has it been easy? By no means but it has been worth it. God has definitely done all of this. It hasn’t been me (yes, I have gone out and done the hard work but God has opened up all the doors for me).

When I get back from my deload week. I will start posting my prep. Should be fun preparing and I have definitely made some improvements in 2 years which I am excited to be able to show in October.

I apologize to all of you where I have said “here I go” for prep. Lots of starts and stops and winding roads. From 2012-2014 competing was very high on my list on things I wanted to do. It has taken a backseat these past few years.

The good thing is my diet and workout habits have been the same. I am just not in a “shredded” state. I will get there. It should be a fun journey.

1 Like

Great inspiration for us >40 lifters. Keep us updated on your progress and good luck on next contest and life!

I will update more tomorrow. To give you bit of an update, I am about 8 weeks out and around 198 right now. Need to be in the 192 range (probably). Waist line has gone down a lot the past 3 weeks so very happy with this.

I will share macros, workouts and cardio tomorrow:

2 Likes

New to this forum. 41 years old and decided to get serious about my health and physique. You are very inspiring.

1 Like

Alright everyone! Some of you were probably saying, "where did this guy go? He said he was going to post and never did. Just one of those typical guys who said they would do something and we never here from him again.

Well I am here and I am less than 2 weeks out from my competition. Doing more cardio than I ever have for a prep and starving right now. I have put in the work and truly believe I will be in the best conditioned I have ever been in.

I won’t be the biggest in the contest but will definitely have good conditioning. Remember, my background. I am still “lifetime drug free” (no HGH, steroids etc). I am 46 years old…yes I am getting older by the day. I am also working 60 hr weeks married for 21 years and have 5 kids (taking 3 kids to different activities – 1 is in college and 1 can drive so only having to be a carpool for 3 kids).

I had a 12 week prep and probably would not have to do as much cardio if I would have prepared for 14-16 weeks. Live and learn and every prep is different.

I will be competing in my first IFBB pro competition in physique on October 15th in Culver City, CA at the Titans Grand Prix. Should be fun. Here is my current conditioning 2 weeks out. I am sitting lower in weight than I thought I would be but it is pretty unrealistic to gain a ton of lean body mass as an advanced lifter, drug free at 46 years old. You can do it, it just takes a long time. Anyway, here are some pictures. I will keep you up to date on how things go going forward.

2 Likes