T Nation

16: Bench, Dead and Squat

Did my maxes today at 151 lbs. Nothing impressive by any means at all but just wondering how good it is. I’ve been working out for 4 months.
Squat(atg)-215
Deadlift-265
bench-140

I know my bench is pretty horrible but I’m starting the Waterbury Method next week so I’ll see what happens.

look up the blast your bench program in google

over the last 2 years its put about 150lbs on my bench just from that program alone. its 3 weeks long so its great to do between long programs.

your good for 20-40lb gains just about every time, no joke.

As far as improveing squat and deadlift I advise deadlifting every 4 weeks or so.

For squats squat 2 times a week useing only 1 working set with a weight you can do for about 3 reps and try to put 1-2 reps on it every time until you get to 7 reps. Then move up 25lbs and start again.

Thats what seems to work best for me.

Do you lift for football or are you just into bodybuiling?

yo newb whats your bench at right now?..i just wanna know to see if the program is good for me or not…im around 350 bench now. touch and go.

i have been lifting for about 1 year

i am 16 and have been training for 9 months now.

Also i am 5’10 and weight fluctuates between 163-169ish pounds

bench:195
squat: 270 (ass to grass)
Deadlift:320

Did you have to buy that blast your bench program because it has my attention? Or is there a way to find it on the internet for free.

[quote]rasturai wrote:
yo newb whats your bench at right now?..i just wanna know to see if the program is good for me or not…im around 350 bench now. touch and go.[/quote]

I did 315 x 5 but I bounced the reps.

I have benched a prety easy 345 but I bounced it… But at the time I had been benching 5 days a week for 3 weeks so I probably wasnt ready to max.

[quote]MAS50 wrote:
Did you have to buy that blast your bench program because it has my attention? Or is there a way to find it on the internet for free.[/quote]

Its 40$

right now I lift for basketball and baseball. Thanks for squatting idea n3wb, I think i’ll try that.