16 & 220lbs, Looking to Lose Weight

I just turned 16 and im 220 lbs and im looking to lose weight. Im pretty strong but i want to have cuts which is what i definetly lack. Any tips on how to eat or any supplements i should be taking?

You dont need supplements, they would realy just be more convenient. I have never used fat loss supplements but I have heard that most of them are complete bullshit.

As far as diet goes, start eating the same meals every day, least 30 grams of protein per meal 4-6 meals keep the majority of your carbs in breakfast and post workout, no fast food or drinks with calories in them. Try to stick to complex carbs, whole wheat etc, no white bread or anything like that.

If you eat the same exact meals every day for a weak and lose no weight, subtract 300-500 calories from your daily calorie intake and just keep eating like that until you stop loseing weight from that, then repeat.

Train smart, heavy, and dont over train. Do cardio a couple days a week but dont do to much or you will lose weight to fast and lose more muscle than you have to.

This is just about as simple as I can get. The real work is going to come from you, pre makeing meals, eating right, shoping to get the food you need, doing the cardio, shit even writeing out the diet is going to be annoying.

Remember, you get what you put in. If you half ass it you will have half assed results.

try to eat 5-7 times a day

breakfast should be your biggest meal

split about 300 grammars… or more (try to get about 200-250 grammars just from meat/fish and the rest will come from other food) inbetween these meals. meaning if you have 6 meals, eat 50 grammars each meal. protein is needed to repair muscle cells and build new ones.

chicken breasts are your best friend considering their cost/calories/protein. one chicken breast is usually around 200-250 grammars, and has around 60-75 grammars of protein.

btw if you get more protein than whats needed it will just be used as energy so thats not bad, the only bad thing about it is that your liver will get tired… but that wont happen for another 35 years haha so dont care about it too much.

eat veggies and salads as much as you want(meaning eat them cause they dont have calories, not dont eat them cause you dont like them haha).

eat complex carbs (i personally prefer whole wheat rice or whole wheat spaghetti… oatmeal is good too but we dont have it where i live) about 30-60 minutes before working out… about 60-100 grammars of these carbs should be enough. after workout eat/drink some sugary carbs as soon as you can… i personally prefer chocolate milk… 250 ml of it is alright.

eat 2-3 fruits a day…

thats about it concerning your diet.

eggs are also pretty good to eat in breakfast. 4 of them should be ok for ya. just dont eat the yellow stuff too often

so more or less if you get around 300 grammars of protein thats about 1200 kcal, 100-150 carbs is 400-600 kcal, and say 50 fats… 450 kcal… that adds up to around 2000-2500kcal a day which is your minimum for 0 exercise. exercise usually needs around 1000kcal… 500 or so if you are starting now. your other daily activities need about 500kcal or so… so you will lose about a pound to two a week following this.

btw try to experiment yourself, while most things will work on anyone, everyone is different and some variation may work better for ya.

and above all else… train hard. lift heavy. dont go and lift 5 pounds like most gym trainers will tell you as if you are a girl.

Go read articles.

[quote]Tmmmey wrote:
Go read articles.[/quote]

Search T-Dawg Diet 2.0

[quote]lordstorm88 wrote:

btw if you get more protein than whats needed it will just be used as energy so thats not bad, the only bad thing about it is that your liver will get tired… but that wont happen for another 35 years haha so dont care about it too much.
[/quote]

I think you mean kidneys. Additionally, there has been no research to show that large protein intake has any negative effect on HEALTHY kidneys, only kidneys which are already diseased.

True. But it would be wise to up your water intake anyway.

[quote]graphicsMan wrote:

I think you mean kidneys. Additionally, there has been no research to show that large protein intake has any negative effect on HEALTHY kidneys, only kidneys which are already diseased.[/quote]