T Nation

15yr Old, Need to Get Bigger

I am 15 years old as of 4-11 and I need two things today. 1. I need to know what to eat to gain weight because I am a meager 115 lbs. 2. what excercises do all of you have for chest, arms (forearms included) and core.

Extra stats:
Height- 5/10
weight- 115
Bicep- 10.5 in.
forearm- 9.5 in.
chest- 33 in.
waist- 28 in.
Thigh- 16.5 in
calf- 12 in.

come on son, read the stickies

Read the stickies: needless to say

1.) bodyweight X 19 for calories per day.
2.) body weight X either 1.5 or 2.0 for grams of protein per day
3.) your small so limit you cardio
4.)Chest=your a newb. take the chance to get your "newb gains" bench flat incline declin 5;5 utilize dumbell flies. do push ups every night. EAT
5.) Arms: continue backs exercises such as deadlift and bent over rows, they will hit your arms. utilize the standing BB curl (olympic bar) with strict form. use concentrated curls. Hammer curls
6.) DO NOT FORGET LEGS: leg press. front squat, back squat, SLDL, hack squat. EAT A LOT

^^ Do not forget legs should have been number 1 seeing as how OP's original post seems to indicate he has a future of being a curl master.

I refuse to believe that 16.5 inch legs exist - pics please

thats smaller than my arm... thats crazy!

but i believe it. 5'11'' and 115lbs? you just need to eat OP! Eat a lot of anything that you can get your hands on, seriously.

Google:

GOMAD
squats and milk

Being English, I'm not too clued up on lbs. Just typed into a converter.. now I refuse to believe that a male of 5 11 can weigh that little. Seriously, my ex girlfriend was 5ft 5 105lbs and she looked anarexic (sp)

Just eat mate, there is no quick fix

Edit- sorry, forgot you are 15

This is actually good news because you're at a great age to start making big gains, if you get with a smart plan.

Important question for you: What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?

This article has a great list of foods to focus on, with some other good ideas about planning your diet:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/the_antiskinny_fat_manifesto

I'm a fan of having younger guys set their foundation with basic bodyweight exercises before progressing to a free weight-focused program, so try:

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Squat 2x15 (No weight, keep both feet flat on the floor.)
Push-up 2x15 (On your toes, go until the chest almost touches the floor.)
Lunge 2x15 (Alternate legs, 1 rep left/1 rep right.)
Neutral-grip pull-up 2x15 (assisted if necessary. Could be substituted with inverted rows.)
Plank 2x15-count (Hold the top part of a push-up, on the toes, arms straight, keep the whole body straight. Count to 15.)
Burpee/squat thrust 2x15

As soon as that workout is "easy" (could take one week, could take six weeks, doesn't matter), there are any number of free weight-focused programs you can start on.

This is probably the best Info you could have provided; after the other thread he had, he hasn't been on since. look at the stuff in "Help I need to know how to word this" there is some aweful stuff they said.