15yr Old Lights Up Home Invaders with AR 15

Coming from England, the idea of gun ownership is quite an alien one. But if I were at home with my daughter and wife, someone broke in, and there was a gun nearby, I hope I would be able to do what this kid did. The boy should be proud.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Another reason I stay here in Texas, no state income tax and we can shot people who come on our property. [/quote]

If it weren’t for Jerry Jones and the heat it would be perfect…

(I grew up a Giants fan. I love the Tony Romo cant win a big game.)

[quote]spiderman739 wrote:
Coming from England, the idea of gun ownership is quite an alien one.[/quote]

I truly feel sorry for our brothers across the pond.

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
I wonder how these guys will manage to patch themselves up? I mean, .223 shot pretty close should make for some nasty wounds?
[/quote]

Sure do, but unless it hits the bone (in which case you’re always fucked), they enter and exit more cleanly than, say, a .45 which will rip you wide open.[/quote]

Depends on the type of round. .223 is a hot, small bullet that is designed to tumble, expand and fragment within a few inches of hitting liquid. Its common to find a round that will pass through a car doors or body armor and fragment within 6 inches as soon as it passes through the skin. Ballisticly leaves a bigger wound channel than a .45.

A .223 has over twice the energy of a .45 at any distance.

I have both and I’ll use the .223 as my first choice for defense anytime. .45 is just for concealed carry.

Well, actually a shot gun is the first choice. .223 is for zombies.

It’s stupid to rob houses or jack cars in Texas.

I never liked kids until now. Still, only 1 but there’s hope.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Another reason I stay here in Texas, no state income tax and we can shot people who come on our property. [/quote]

(I grew up a Giants fan. I love the Tony Romo cant win a big game.)[/quote]

Beans man you hurt me, :slight_smile: I grew up a Cowboys fan, QB’s come and go. Romo has been the best since Aikman. Yes the heat sucks, its why we all have AC and stay inside.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Beans man you hurt me, :slight_smile: I grew up a Cowboys fan, QB’s come and go. Romo has been the best since Aikman. Yes the heat sucks, its why we all have AC and stay inside. [/quote]

Tell ya what, Jerry comes up and finds this 48 dollar variance for me, so I can go home, and I’ll love the Cowboys 4 LIFE!

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Beans man you hurt me, :slight_smile: I grew up a Cowboys fan, QB’s come and go. Romo has been the best since Aikman. Yes the heat sucks, its why we all have AC and stay inside. [/quote]

I doubt he could but he could hire 50 people and tell them to do it. Sorry you got to work late brother. If you are a giants fan how come havent seen you in the 2010 NFL thread?
Tell ya what, Jerry comes up and finds this 48 dollar variance for me, so I can go home, and I’ll love the Cowboys 4 LIFE![/quote]

Hats off to a young boy who wasn’t afraid to do most likely what he was taught to do; defend his family, his home, and himself. Me, I have swords from my competitions. You’ll think I was Conan you come 'round here.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

I doubt he could but he could hire 50 people and tell them to do it. Sorry you got to work late brother. If you are a giants fan how come havent seen you in the 2010 NFL thread?
Tell ya what, Jerry comes up and finds this 48 dollar variance for me, so I can go home, and I’ll love the Cowboys 4 LIFE![/quote]
[/quote]

I haven’t left work before 11 in 2 weeks.

I just don’t have time to keep up with that thread yet.

[quote]Oldman Powers wrote:

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
I wonder how these guys will manage to patch themselves up? I mean, .223 shot pretty close should make for some nasty wounds?
[/quote]

Sure do, but unless it hits the bone (in which case you’re always fucked), they enter and exit more cleanly than, say, a .45 which will rip you wide open.[/quote]

Depends on the type of round. .223 is a hot, small bullet that is designed to tumble, expand and fragment within a few inches of hitting liquid. Its common to find a round that will pass through a car doors or body armor and fragment within 6 inches as soon as it passes through the skin. Ballisticly leaves a bigger wound channel than a .45.

A .223 has over twice the energy of a .45 at any distance.

I have both and I’ll use the .223 as my first choice for defense anytime. .45 is just for concealed carry.

Well, actually a shot gun is the first choice. .223 is for zombies.

[/quote]

You serious? You sure bought that .223 tumbling bullshit hook line and sinker. Sure it tumbles really well if it hits another target before the person but field reports still show that it’s a piece of shit round. There’s a reason the US is moving to 6.8 and the rest of the world uses 7.62 NATO for the most part. 5.56/.223 has a bunch of great qualities including accuracy, and the size allows you to carry a ton of ammo. But, if it takes a bunch of rounds to stop somebody then what’s the point. End of the day it comes down to shot placement but the larger the round generally you’ll have a corresponding increase of neutralizing your target while not having to be quite as accurate which can really help in a stressful situation like a home invasion.

I hope the teenage boy sleeps like a fucking baby for the rest of his hopefully long life.

Where did I say the .223 tumbled before striking a target? Any bullet with a heavy ass end will tumble upon hitting flesh. If it has enough velocity it will then fragment.

Agree with most of your other points though. Not really the thread to go deeper into it.
PM me if you want to see a ballistics report comparing .45 w/ .223.

[quote]Squiggles wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:
I wonder how traumatic that will really be for the boy. I’ve read that people who freeze in a crisis are more likely to feel guilt and anxiety than people who spring to action but lighting somebody up in your own home could be hard to get away from.[/quote]

If the boy had the balls to do what he did, he’ll probably end up handling it all right. Not saying he won’t have problems for a while – nightmares will probably be common for a bit, as will jumpiness – but it’ll eventually work out in his mind. Then will come the immense satisfaction that he protected his sister’s life and his family’s properly from scum, and the knowledge that he can do what is necessary when it comes down to it.

That said, I know kid who just joined the Marines, he slept with a gun under his bed every night and I have no doubt that he could have put a bullet between a man’s eyes at 15 and paused to finish breakfast before calling the cherry tops.[/quote]

While I commend him for what he did, I can see the psych angle coming into play as well, as just as easy as it is to associate guilty feelings with an event like this, the opposite is also something to watch for…that he enjoyed pulling the trigger a lil too much. I’ve heard of stuff like this in the past. Some go on to be Marines, Soldiers, cops, etc. While some go on to do “other” things. It’s good that they’ll praise him, but I will not lose sleep if he has to see a shrink for a little while.

[quote]biglifter wrote:
I never liked kids until now. Still, only 1 but there’s hope.[/quote]

This kid is pretty cool also.

http://www.zacsunderland.com/

As a true sailor and adventurer, this was not the life Zac wanted to live so soon after his 16th birthday he started making plans for a solo circumnavigation. Without sponsorship, he bought his boat Intrepid with his life savings of $6500 he had earned from working on boats and buying, repairing and selling his boats. Three long months of work later, he was off on his 28000nm trip.

Over the next 13 months, Zac experienced rough storms, pirates, deserted islands, the loneliness of spending weeks alone at sea the adventure of learning new cultures and languages, making great friends and losing some to the sea.

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:
I never liked kids until now. Still, only 1 but there’s hope.[/quote]

This kid is pretty cool also.

http://www.zacsunderland.com/

As a true sailor and adventurer, this was not the life Zac wanted to live so soon after his 16th birthday he started making plans for a solo circumnavigation. Without sponsorship, he bought his boat Intrepid with his life savings of $6500 he had earned from working on boats and buying, repairing and selling his boats. Three long months of work later, he was off on his 28000nm trip.

Over the next 13 months, Zac experienced rough storms, pirates, deserted islands, the loneliness of spending weeks alone at sea the adventure of learning new cultures and languages, making great friends and losing some to the sea.

V[/quote]

Is that the kid who’s sister tried the same thing, but if I’m not mistaken she had to be rescued? I believe she was 16 at the time of the trip.

A 223 will hit very hard at fifteen and is much mire devastating than a 45. The 223 is traveling fast enough to cause a temporary stretch cavity, the 45 isn’t. The 223 penetrates much farther than the 45 also. The only thing I’d like better at close ranges is my benelli with two slugs and three buckshot.

The first two will penetrate mist vests and the last three will hit you with 27 32 caliber balls traveling at 1300+ fps. The slugs are on the 700 or so gr range traveling at 1500 or so. The bad guy will have a bad day.

The most heart warming thing about this thread is that you bring something like this news story up on most other web sites and it’ll turn into some gay debate after 5 posts, but here we can all agree.
I mean, we all have different political/religious views…but you burgle someone’s house we all sort of agree that all bets are off.

Hell yeah, you shoot that muthafucka!!!

breathe in, breathe out, slow steady squeeze…

I think this kid is the frickin’ man and I’m glad they’re making him to be a hero, but does anybody else things would’ve turned out differently if his dad wasn’t a cop? I know it’s legal to do what he did in the state of Texas, but I’ve heard so many personal accounts of people getting screwed after defending themselves or their family in a legal manner.