T Nation

15yr Old 700lb Geared Squat

Are some people just born with it? PHUCK! angle may be bad but it looks like he got to depth.

He’s a biggun for sure.

That is a large 15 year old. Looks like single-ply, too. Impressive as hell.

Strong mancub

I don’t think I could have totaled 700 when I was 15. Damn impressive!

I hope he keeps it up, he can go pretty far…

Reminds me of George Leeman back when he was fat (no offense)

[quote]kakno wrote:
I don’t think I could have totaled 700 when I was 15. Damn impressive![/quote]

When I just turned 16 I struggled with a 95lb bench.


If he grew a power beard…

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:
angle may be bad but it looks like he got to depth.[/quote]

Judging by the crowd’s reaction he got white lights. So I will surmise that he did, in fact, get to depth.

haha for 15 he is huge.

That weight rack scares me lol. Did you guys see how it was leaning in?

Do not be afraid good sir, that’s by design. Allows ‘Hoss’ here to hold the bar damn near at the collars, and can be taken out wider for guys with a narrower grip without racking the weight on their hands.

Very impressive no doubt, but the question is, whats his deadlift? where the suit and wraps count for very little…

Louie Simmons once said something along the lines of “a great deadlifter can be a strong squatter, but a strong squatter is not always a strong deadlifter”

definitely not taking anything away from this lift, biggest squat I’ve ever seen out of a kid his age. Just throwing in my 2 cents!

[quote]Dr J wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:
angle may be bad but it looks like he got to depth.[/quote]

Judging by the crowd’s reaction he got white lights. So I will surmise that he did, in fact, get to depth.[/quote]

Whether he got 3 whites isn’t really the issue. I’ve seen a raw squat of his from the side where he didn’t come close to depth, but got 3 whites. That’s because it was a football meet at his school (which he freely admitted). So the question is, was this another school meet, and did they place the camera in that spot for a reason?

I don’t really care, though. He’s obviously strong, and I imagine it wouldn’t be hard to get him a few inches lower if need be.

[quote]MAXpower92 wrote:
Very impressive no doubt, but the question is, whats his deadlift? where the suit and wraps count for very little…

Louie Simmons once said something along the lines of “a great deadlifter can be a strong squatter, but a strong squatter is not always a strong deadlifter”

definitely not taking anything away from this lift, biggest squat I’ve ever seen out of a kid his age. Just throwing in my 2 cents![/quote]

100% of your posts on this site have been pointless…you are off to a bad start

[quote]MAXpower92 wrote:
Very impressive no doubt, but the question is, whats his deadlift? where the suit and wraps count for very little…

Louie Simmons once said something along the lines of “a great deadlifter can be a strong squatter, but a strong squatter is not always a strong deadlifter”

[/quote]

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:

[quote]Dr J wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:
angle may be bad but it looks like he got to depth.[/quote]

Judging by the crowd’s reaction he got white lights. So I will surmise that he did, in fact, get to depth.[/quote]

Whether he got 3 whites isn’t really the issue. I’ve seen a raw squat of his from the side where he didn’t come close to depth, but got 3 whites. That’s because it was a football meet at his school (which he freely admitted). So the question is, was this another school meet, and did they place the camera in that spot for a reason?

I don’t really care, though. He’s obviously strong, and I imagine it wouldn’t be hard to get him a few inches lower if need be.[/quote]

He is 15 years old
He walked out 700 lbs.
Depth looked every bit to High School standards and then some.
Great Job!

I know we have some strong people around here, but acting like a single-ply 700lb. squat is routine at any age is nonsense…did I say the kid is 15?