151 Pre W/O

i had a couple of shots of 151 right before i went to the gym and i had a great workout.

i did the same thing last night and i had another great workout.

has anyone else experinced anything like this?

my joints felt better and i was lifting more then i expected. i can tell exatcly how strong i’ll be a couple of hours before the gym but those shots supper powered me.

im going to keep doing this and see what happens.

[quote]MurderousSpartan wrote:
i had a couple of shots of 151 right before i went to the gym and i had a great workout.

i did the same thing last night and i had another great workout.

has anyone else experinced anything like this?

my joints felt better and i was lifting more then i expected. i can tell exatcly how strong i’ll be a couple of hours before the gym but those shots supper powered me.

im going to keep doing this and see what happens.[/quote]

You felt better because you had a couple shots of 151 and were kind of drunk.

This is a dumbass idea.

i seen what you lift and put a mental picture(since u dont have any actual pictures) of what you look like…and its not impressive. put some actual gains in and then put your two cents in.

a dumbass idea is not being open to new things. a dumbass idea is not sticking with something that seems to be working eventhough it goes agains all logic and reason.

dumbass

i seen what you lift and put a mental picture(since u dont have any actual pictures) of what you look like…and its not impressive. put some actual gains in and then put your two cents in.

a dumbass idea is not being open to new things. a dumbass idea is not sticking with something that seems to be working eventhough it goes agains all logic and reason.

dumbass[/quote]

I generally try to be helpful, but its pretty obvious whether or not its a good idea to lift heavy weights while you’ve impaired your balance and reaction time.

Walking out a big squat after a couple of drinks sounds awesome.

dumbass[/quote]

Define “seems to be working”. I mean alcohol is notorious for reducing pain receptors in the body, so the most that is occurring is you are not feeling as much “pain” from lifting so you can go heavier (slightly). It doesn’t mean you are really doing anything above and beyond what you normally do. The bad effects of continued alcohol use would far outweigh any perceived benefits from your scheme.

If you honestly believe this will help you in the long run, then by all means continue with it. If you are the type that will be drinking regardless and you notice a nice effect with drinking prior to training, good for you. I would never suggest one who doesn’t normally drink start up taking a couple shots before going to the gym. By the way- do you walk to the gym? If you drive after two shots then you are driving illegally. Even one shot will have you at least 0.08 for at least 15-20 minutes afterwards, even if you don’t feel drunk.

As for your comment that one needs to put up some actual gains before they can comment on your idiotic thread- that’s just stupid and arrogant. Common sense transcends any amount of training you may have.

I think he’s just looking for someone to support his alcohol addiction. He’s looking for acceptance and a little support so he doesn’t have to feel as bad when he drinks all day.

[quote]Roy wrote:
I think he’s just looking for someone to support his alcohol addiction. He’s looking for acceptance and a little support so he doesn’t have to feel as bad when he drinks all day.[/quote]

Exactly he preaches being “open” to new idea but he’s fishing for only twio answers. “Yes it works great” affirming his practice, and “COOL, great idea thanks” praising him for his practice. Nothing else like criticism to a NOT so bright idea.

This is like the guy(s) who say they get great workout and swole from firing a bowl pre w/o. Theres a time and place and pre w/o aint it brotha.

Phill

Interesting…

On New Year’s I had a couple shot of Petrone at a party. I don’t drink at all and these were the first shots I’ve ever done in my life.

About 3 hours later after I sobered up (yes I’m a lightweight and 3 shots got me toasted) I had the most incredible pump and vascularity. I shit you not it felt like I was at the gym doing high reps for the last hour.

The only thing I can think that caused this was the insulin release from the liquor and maybe some synergy with the protein shake I had shortly after.

I don’t plan on drinking again till probably next New Year’s so I wonder if this was just a fluke or has anyone else ever had this happen?

Reminds me of when someone asked about doing coke pre-workout. haha.

My advice would be crystal meth pre and pot post-workout.

I say, Go old school.

PCP and a car flipping rampage is about as good a workout gets.

You’re an idiot, Spartan. Please get sauced then go for a heavy squat day. This is proof of Darwin’s Theories, folks.

But I like the PCP-induced rampage. Where to I sign up for that ? =D

The funny thing is when someone once posted on here the benefits of lifting after smoking weed, he got lots of back up, including some psuedo-science from weed geeks to “prove” the benefits. Unfortunately those disciples of lifting whacked won’t come to the aid of Mr. 151 as they were all crushed by weights this past year.

Lol weed before a workout ? Or even after…shakes head.

[quote]E-man wrote:
Interesting…

On New Year’s I had a couple shot of Petrone at a party. I don’t drink at all and these were the first shots I’ve ever done in my life.

About 3 hours later after I sobered up (yes I’m a lightweight and 3 shots got me toasted) I had the most incredible pump and vascularity. I shit you not it felt like I was at the gym doing high reps for the last hour.

The only thing I can think that caused this was the insulin release from the liquor and maybe some synergy with the protein shake I had shortly after.

I don’t plan on drinking again till probably next New Year’s so I wonder if this was just a fluke or has anyone else ever had this happen?[/quote]

It is called beer muscles. Drinking makes you feel huge and powerful and witty and handsome.

I did some hard drinkin in my day but never did I feel like I needed a shot just to get to the gym.

E-man, I have had that experience as well, but I’m thinking the vascularity comes from the simple fact that usually after you drink you are dehydrated, at least I am. Especially when I wake up the next morning after a night of drinking, I feel absolutely shredded, but also like I have been run over by a truck mind you.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Roy wrote:
I think he’s just looking for someone to support his alcohol addiction. He’s looking for acceptance and a little support so he doesn’t have to feel as bad when he drinks all day.

Exactly he preaches being “open” to new idea but he’s fishing for only twio answers. “Yes it works great” affirming his practice, and “COOL, great idea thanks” praising him for his practice. Nothing else like criticism to a NOT so bright idea.

This is like the guy(s) who say they get great workout and swole from firing a bowl pre w/o. Theres a time and place and pre w/o aint it brotha.

Phill[/quote]

I love drinking, but never before a workout…why would you want your balance all fucked up if you’re trying to weightlift?

I’ve also heard of guys doing coke and assorted other things before working out…idiotic.

[quote]carter12 wrote:
I did some hard drinkin in my day but never did I feel like I needed a shot just to get to the gym. [/quote]

Amen brotha

if you read my post again you’ll see that i did not recommend taking shots or claim its a good idea. i said i had good results from doing twice and would continue my experiment. all i wanted to know was did anyone else try the same experiment im trying.

i can handle 2shots of 151 as well as most of you can handle two sips of beer. i dont plan to get wasted before a workout…just take a shot or 2.

" Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer." Arnold Schwarzenegger

i can handle 2shots of 151 as well as most of you can handle two sips of beer.
[/quote]

Wow you’re a real man…can I be like you when I’m awl growns uP?

If you wanted people to take you seriously before you’ve just thrown that out the window.

And yes, people have tried it. They’re called drunks or alcoholics. Take your pick of which one you are.