Future WOD!

10 sideways dip
5 upside down pullups
2 mile run
3 hour circle jerk
repeat four times

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
Awesome.[/quote]

Can we change the subject to DNs new avatar? DAMN!!!

[quote]MikeShank wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]MikeShank wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Why not go ahead and praise apparently healthy adult humans for being able to walk up stairs too.

[/quote]

At Ct. Rockula,

I think there are a number of reasons why her gender was pointed out. As to the validity of those reasons that is up for you to decide for yourself. I believe this to be pretty significant.

Women on average (this woman included) tend to have smaller shoulder girdles. While the muscle between a man and a woman is no different the structure provided by their skeletons are. Men on average can simply hold more muscle mass at a greater mechanical leverage with their larger bony structures. Being able to accomplish 14 dips at the end of chest workout with less muscle and leverage equals impressive to me.

Also in our culture women still tend to act at a deficit when it comes to societal support and acceptance of muscle mass, athleticism and strength. Now while it would be common sense to call bullshit on the idea of “female repression” given the great advances women have made in this area (and the shit storm that laws like Title IX have left in its wake) I believe their is still resistance, greatly so and mainly from women themselves, against being strong like this. My experience is that it is still socially more acceptable and desired to be “skinny fat” than it is to be muscular and physically useful. While this might seem like a foreign concept here on T-Nation it is undeniable that the rest of the country is not like T-Nation.

Lastly, while this young lady is certainly not manly in any way she still has a lot of muscle. She appears very lean and at 150lbs that is a lot of tissue to find on a woman. The fact that she excelled at a pure strength to bodyweight exercise like dips is impressive more so because of her size. I find high rep bodyweight exercises like chins and dips being done by smaller people to be less impressive ala the concept of abs on a skinny guy and tits on a fat chick. Their structures tend to favor those things whereas in this case the structure does not.

Maybe I am wrong here, it’s just you came across as somewhat negative in your posting. Your sarcasm aside, what was being done here goes way above and beyond the physical skill of “walking up a flight of stairs” especially since that is primarily a lower body activity that a woman would have the structure (sine there is no need to axially load the body in that case) to excel at.

I can’t speak for you but maybe you just wish to hold people, especially women, to a higher standard given what was mentioned above. Maybe your wish to hold women up as equals. Being equal and not being the same however are two totally different things.

Since nobody can read your mind I would like to hear further explanation of your post.

Thanks
Mike Cruickshank [/quote]

Did you really post that? [/quote]

Sure did. You have a comment or are you just going to suck Ct. Rockula’s nuts the rest of this thread?
[/quote]

Way harsh.

Nice. When you said 150 girl doing dips i was like wow fat chick doing dips.

But she is in wonderful shape at 150 this is impressive. And yes I am also impressed that she can do 14 dips. I’m in the army and have not seen one single girl do a push up with perfect form.

Impressed isn’t the word I’d use personally

bit much for this to be a thread in the BB forum. Should be in the Off Topic. Even that is pushing it, equivalent is probably a guy doing 30 BW dips or something. Who cares.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]MikeShank wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]MikeShank wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Why not go ahead and praise apparently healthy adult humans for being able to walk up stairs too.

[/quote]

At Ct. Rockula,

I think there are a number of reasons why her gender was pointed out. As to the validity of those reasons that is up for you to decide for yourself. I believe this to be pretty significant.

Women on average (this woman included) tend to have smaller shoulder girdles. While the muscle between a man and a woman is no different the structure provided by their skeletons are. Men on average can simply hold more muscle mass at a greater mechanical leverage with their larger bony structures. Being able to accomplish 14 dips at the end of chest workout with less muscle and leverage equals impressive to me.

Also in our culture women still tend to act at a deficit when it comes to societal support and acceptance of muscle mass, athleticism and strength. Now while it would be common sense to call bullshit on the idea of “female repression” given the great advances women have made in this area (and the shit storm that laws like Title IX have left in its wake) I believe their is still resistance, greatly so and mainly from women themselves, against being strong like this. My experience is that it is still socially more acceptable and desired to be “skinny fat” than it is to be muscular and physically useful. While this might seem like a foreign concept here on T-Nation it is undeniable that the rest of the country is not like T-Nation.

Lastly, while this young lady is certainly not manly in any way she still has a lot of muscle. She appears very lean and at 150lbs that is a lot of tissue to find on a woman. The fact that she excelled at a pure strength to bodyweight exercise like dips is impressive more so because of her size. I find high rep bodyweight exercises like chins and dips being done by smaller people to be less impressive ala the concept of abs on a skinny guy and tits on a fat chick. Their structures tend to favor those things whereas in this case the structure does not.

Maybe I am wrong here, it’s just you came across as somewhat negative in your posting. Your sarcasm aside, what was being done here goes way above and beyond the physical skill of “walking up a flight of stairs” especially since that is primarily a lower body activity that a woman would have the structure (sine there is no need to axially load the body in that case) to excel at.

I can’t speak for you but maybe you just wish to hold people, especially women, to a higher standard given what was mentioned above. Maybe your wish to hold women up as equals. Being equal and not being the same however are two totally different things.

Since nobody can read your mind I would like to hear further explanation of your post.

Thanks
Mike Cruickshank [/quote]

Did you really post that? [/quote]

Sure did. You have a comment or are you just going to suck Ct. Rockula’s nuts the rest of this thread?
[/quote]

Way harsh.
[/quote]
Sorry.

I’m guessing that she is probably 5’7"-5’9" with nice thick legs.

A VERY impressive 150 to me.

Not impressed at all

Her form is better than any guy in my lame gym!

[quote]get_ate wrote:
Considering that a large percentage of T-Nation’s male populous can’t even do ONE dip with perfect form to save their lives, she get’s props for that feat…

[/quote]

this is very embarrassing.

[quote]1morerep wrote:
Her form is better than any guy in my lame gym![/quote]

I haven’t seen you around in forever man, where ya been?

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
here’s some chick i work out with doing some cool stuff in the gym. she’s only been lifting seriously for a few months. i’m impressed.

I can understand why people are getting insecure here, she’s literally stronger than most T-Nationers.

I laugh everytime one of those new ‘standard’ articles comes out and they have shit like 12 dips and how to train to accomplish that. Jesus.

I have a buddy who weighs a couple lbs more than this and despite “working out” for the last 4 years, he can’t even do one. I’m gunna show him this video.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[quote]1morerep wrote:
Her form is better than any guy in my lame gym![/quote]

I haven’t seen you around in forever man, where ya been? [/quote]

was gonna ask the same myself… his posts are usually quite informative.

I just wish the camera angle had better displayed dat ass.

nomsayin?

She is blond and she has biceps.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
Nice. When you said 150 girl doing dips i was like wow fat chick doing dips.

Hey now!

lol

Nice bump. BTW, is HolyMac still on deployment?

CS