150 LB DB Bench

My newest goal for DB flat bench is 150x5 for DB Bench. I got 140x5 tonight so I’m hoping to get up to 150s before I stall and have to switch up my main exercise again.

How much can you guys do? What is considered good? It would be nice to hear from some of the bigger guys around here as well.

I would say 150 is considered good. That is at LEAST as good as a 315lb bench, whats your best bench around 5 reps? My gym does not have any larger than 150 anyway and from another thread I saw many gyms don’t even go that high.

my gym only goes to 125s. i dont use them for benching though, the handles are bent from people dropping them. most ive done is 115s for 5x10 with mini bands wrapped behind my back.

No clue what I could do for flat bench around 5 times. I tripled 365 with elbow wraps for football, but I don’t do any flat BB bench anymore, and at the time I was doing a ton.

Oh and I also weighed 20 lbs heavier back then as well.

wow.

my gym only has 120s, so i couldn’t tell you.

i don’t think i could do that though.

when you hit 150x5 a vid would be nice.

I do 60lbsx10x4 with for flat db press. But I’m weak and havent been training long.

[quote]Imsonoob wrote:
I do 60lbsx10x4 with for flat db press. But I’m weak and havent been training long.[/quote]

WHO GIVES A SHIT?!

jesus.

I’m not doubting you , but do you have a vid?

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
Imsonoob wrote:
I do 60lbsx10x4 with for flat db press. But I’m weak and havent been training long.

WHO GIVES A SHIT?!

jesus.[/quote]

lol!

HolyMac back in mothafuckin’ action.

do you db bench cross style to 90 or elbows in? I’ve always found that guys who do cross style don’t go down as far and use alot more weight than the latter. I remember benching the 100’s like that for 5 reps when I could only bb bench 225x3, but when I tried db benching tucked with a slightly more neutral grip going down farther and it was much harder due to the ROM increase.

Last week I did 105x7 but I think I’m capable of heavier. I recently tore my ACL and meniscus so kicking the weight up to my chest is painful and throws my whole setup off.

I don’t think I’d equate 150 dumbbells to 315 bench. If you can do reps with 150’s you can bench alot more than 315.

our gym only goes up to 140’s. this was the only time i taped a rep set of dumbell presses. if i was fresh, i think i’m good for something around 30 reps with the 140’s.

My gym only goes up to 60kgs (132lbs), have x8 with the 55kg but my shoulder is injured right now and need to be a lot stronger to use the 55’s for DC dumbbell work!

Holy crap marauder that is impressive. It’s a little ridiculous seeing the contrast between you and the guy next to you. You do twice as much weight twice as fast for twice as long.

I was actually just wondering what it would be like to look at the 140s as an easy weight instead of something I have to get psyched to even pick up hah.

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
do you db bench cross style to 90 or elbows in? I’ve always found that guys who do cross style don’t go down as far and use alot more weight than the latter. I remember benching the 100’s like that for 5 reps when I could only bb bench 225x3, but when I tried db benching tucked with a slightly more neutral grip going down farther and it was much harder due to the ROM increase.[/quote]

I would guess I flare my elbows more than tucking them, but I don’t ever really think about it. My hand are probably around parallel with my nips, but I never have a problem with range of motion. You can only go to 90 degrees when you flare your elbows?

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
wow.

my gym only has 120s, so i couldn’t tell you.

i don’t think i could do that though.

when you hit 150x5 a vid would be nice.[/quote]

When I get there I will put one up–hopefully this is sooner rather than later.

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
our gym only goes up to 140’s. this was the only time i taped a rep set of dumbell presses. if i was fresh, i think i’m good for something around 30 reps with the 140’s.

- YouTube [/quote]

Are there any lifts you don’t have a video of? In any gym I’ve been too I have never seen anyone with a camera even.

Christ MMeat, that’s impressive, what’s more is the video that came up after and the info with it. This is insane: