15 YO Girl Spanked by Principal

Do away with public education problem=solved!!! And more cash in my pocket!

[quote]Cortes wrote:

I grew up in Texas. I remember some of the principals’, and, more often, coaches’ paddles. They were works of art. Usually hand carved, with carefully taped handles. The paddles were cleverly named, thickened in the center for heft and riddled with strategically positioned holes to maximize pain.
[/quote]

I grew up in Texas, also. I was often on the receiving end of “licks”. I still remember the names of a couple of the paddles. “Old Smokey” was by far the worst I ever took a beating from. It was everything you described above, and it was a female, sadistic bitch who swung it.

I was beat on (not spanked) at home fairly often, so I would go to school and take it out on other kids. Paddling was nothing to me for the most part, but as a teacher in Texas I saw a couple of instances where it really made a difference and turned kids around.

Edit: I never paddled a kid while teaching.

she asked for it?

didn’t i watch this on the internet last night?..

I’ll admit, I really don’t understand the culture of the American south at all. This seems extremely anachronistic and, frankly, backwards to me.

I don’t think spanking would work on any kid after they’re about 4 years old. After that you need the usual shame and humiliation with words thing.

The policy doesn’t even make sense.

Last I checked, Pedo’s abuse their own sex too.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
I get so sick of hearing every new reason a given male must be a pervert. It’s gotten very, very old.
[/quote]

If you want to rage hard, check out the “I need feminism” campaign.

Read the sign and then the 2nd comment.

you cant tell a kid that it okay for an adult to beat them and then tell them that it is not okay for an adult to molest them. i saw a video of a child rapist snatching a kid, all he had to was tell the kid to follow him. no cloroform was neccesary.
you guys might be nostalgic of old fashioned boarding schools but this is a different time. we are in time of high security, government intrusion and abuses by officials,zero tolerance and school strip searches. we need to preserve our rights and it starts with letting our kids know that adults cannot fuck with them

Did you see the way she was dressed? Practically BEGGING for it.

Whoa…I just watched the video.

Indeed, I would spank her…but only one time, and very, very, very slowly…and gently. With baby oil…just in case.

A lot of the recent pedophilia paranoia in the West is driven by a loathing of normal male desire.

To explain men are attracted to youth. I’m fairly certain ill still be most attracted to girls in their early 20s when I’m 50.

Women hate this, that youth = beauty and female value is measured in beauty.

In reality very few heterosexual men are clinical pedos and thus this pedo paranoia is unwarranted

[quote]therajraj wrote:
A lot of the recent pedophilia paranoia in the West is driven by a loathing of normal male desire.

[/quote]

I have to agree. It is “nasty” in society today for a grown man to look at a woman with desire.

It seems quite alright for large groups of women to do this to guys in the office though.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

I would agree but I would also say that the aggressive sexualization of the clothing and behaviour of younger and younger girls is another factor.

Being the mother to a 16 y/o boy with a girl on the way any day now, I would go ballistic if school administration laid their hands on either one of them. Discipline and behavior problems are my issue to deal with as a parent. If my child has created that much of an issue at school, call me and I will pick them up and deal with it, my way.

Not that any child is perfect or behaves completely all of the time, but when I go to parent/teacher interviews, every single one of them tells me and my husband that my boy is quiet, well-mannered, well liked and very pleasant to have in class. He also does very well in school and is an athlete with lots of friends. He was taught, at home, how to be that way.

The teachers and administration are employed to teach children how to read/write/etc, not to lay hands or any other implements for that matter. I’m not anti-spanking at all but it is my decision.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Maybe we’re coming at this backwards. Maybe instead of throwing someone in jail for a month because they broke into someone’s house, why not give them lashes with a stick of some sort instead? It keeps them from getting into jail culture, and learning more bad stuff, and is a lot easier on taxpayers, considering IIRC it costs on average $50,000-70,000 per year per inmate.

Semi-serious[/quote]

So, basically Saudi style punishment, minus the lethal/multilation aspect (no stoning, no hands chopped off), but within the framework of the US legal system?

Sounds fairly legit to me.

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
Being the mother to a 16 y/o boy with a girl on the way any day now, I would go ballistic if school administration laid their hands on either one of them. Discipline and behavior problems are my issue to deal with as a parent. If my child has created that much of an issue at school, call me and I will pick them up and deal with it, my way.

Not that any child is perfect or behaves completely all of the time, but when I go to parent/teacher interviews, every single one of them tells me and my husband that my boy is quiet, well-mannered, well liked and very pleasant to have in class. He also does very well in school and is an athlete with lots of friends. He was taught, at home, how to be that way.

The teachers and administration are employed to teach children how to read/write/etc, not to lay hands or any other implements for that matter. I’m not anti-spanking at all but it is my decision.[/quote]

I tend to agree in most cases…that is until I actually saw some of the kids my mom had to deal with.

Many of these kids can not be controlled through any normal means and the parents do not reprimand their child at home.

It places any authority figure in a rough position when they are placed in front of a group of untrained people and you are told you can’t train them…but you need to get all of this knowledge over here into their head anyway.

Every kid doesn’t become reformed from a time out.

The teachers and administration are employed to teach children how to read/write/etc, not to lay hands or any other implements for that matter. I’m not anti-spanking at all but it is my decision.[/quote]

As I’ve said, I don’t support spanking in schools, but don’t you think teachers and administrators need some method of managing behavioural issues that arise throughout the day?
Especially with kids whose parent’s may not be as engaged as you are or who are unable to come down to the school to deal with every transgression?

We put our teachers in a position of authority, as we do any adult to whom we entrust the custody of our children. Authority is not authority if it doesn’t have “teeth”.

[quote]batman730 wrote:

As I’ve said, I don’t support spanking in schools, but don’t you think teachers and administrators need some method of managing behavioural issues that arise throughout the day?
Especially with kids whose parent’s may not be as engaged as you are or who are unable to come down to the school to deal with every transgression?

We put our teachers in a position of authority, as we do any adult to whom we entrust the custody of our children. Authority is not authority if it doesn’t have “teeth”.[/quote]

Agreed.

Unless these same people are also willing to pay the extra money for the resources to place every problem child in his own specialized gentle reprimanding station, they need to understand that giving schools no ability to physically correct a child will more than likely just harm the education of the other kids in the class.

Yay…less education for more coddling.

I would like to know what some here think a “problem child” is that no kid should ever be physically reprimanded.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I tend to agree in most cases…that is until I actually saw some of the kids my mom had to deal with.

Many of these kids can not be controlled through any normal means and the parents do not reprimand their child at home.

It places any authority figure in a rough position when they are placed in front of a group of untrained people and you are told you can’t train them…but you need to get all of this knowledge over here into their head anyway.

Every kid doesn’t become reformed from a time out.[/quote]

I see this side of it also. Believe me, I get it. My brother-in-law is a professor and sister-in-law a liaison, as well, several of my mothers cousins taught.

IMO, behavior issues begin at home and most of them are lack of structure, discipline and parents being downright lazy when it comes to running interference. Instead of the schools taking it upon themselves to play counselor or disciplinary, you make the parents deal with it. Detention first, in-school suspension and then at-home suspension second, expulsion third. It’s the same as everywhere else - if you’re being disruptive to the environment, you can leave. Force the parents to deal with it. It’s all about consequences for actions and if the parents feel the crunch, most of them will deal with it.

Anyways, yes, I agree that it places teachers in a position they shouldn’t be in. Therefor, school officials need to take that burden away from them and redirect it back at the parents, where the responsibility lay all along.