15 Years Old Weighs 142

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
eeu743 wrote:
bloodandtears wrote:
not bad, i don’t know if you should be lifting weights in sandles and you should probably have a spotter too if you are struggling like that for one rep

I doubt his choice of shoe will really affect his bench performance a lot.

There’s one thing you should have learned from this site…it’s ALL in the shoe.

Is that really the one thing I should have learned? That shoes are important? Why would you say it is important in this instance, and how would his choice of shoe affect his bench performance? [/quote]

It’s a T-Nation in joke.

Search for Eliteballa3’s bf% thread and all will become clear.

[quote]Stuey wrote:
eeu743 wrote:
Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
eeu743 wrote:
bloodandtears wrote:
not bad, i don’t know if you should be lifting weights in sandles and you should probably have a spotter too if you are struggling like that for one rep

I doubt his choice of shoe will really affect his bench performance a lot.

There’s one thing you should have learned from this site…it’s ALL in the shoe.

Is that really the one thing I should have learned? That shoes are important? Why would you say it is important in this instance, and how would his choice of shoe affect his bench performance?

It’s a T-Nation in joke.

Search for Eliteballa3’s bf% thread and all will become clear.[/quote]

I thought he was being serious.

[quote]Benchpresser wrote:
Usually if i have a spotter people wanna say they helped me so i dont have one.[/quote]

Get one anyway.Tell them not to even touch it until your literally about to drop it on yourself.That way they can’t say shit except they saved you from breaking your ribs.

[quote]MAS50 wrote:
Benchpresser wrote:
Usually if i have a spotter people wanna say they helped me so i dont have one.

Get one anyway.Tell them not to even touch it until your literally about to drop it on yourself.That way they can’t say shit except they saved you from breaking your ribs.
[/quote]

I let the bar come back down on my chest then let them help.

[quote]n3wb wrote:
I let the bar come back down on my chest then let them help.[/quote]

Gene Rychlak used that technique as well at the 2005 Olympia…

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
n3wb wrote:
I let the bar come back down on my chest then let them help.

Gene Rychlak used that technique as well at the 2005 Olympia…
[/quote]

HA… Comment of the day. I dont know why but that had my literally laughing out loud.

Not using a spotter for heavy attempts is the easiest way to ensure danger.

That’s pretty good. I weigh 130 and bench 185 right now, so I hope to be at about where you are when I reach your weight.

It’s 215 which at his age and bodyweight is not bad. In fact It’s pretty good! (i work at a gym, i see it all with teenagers)

Ahahaha thanks, and shoes doesn’t have anything to do with ur lifts lol, u use ur upper body not ur lower.

Ahahaha thanks, and shoes doesn’t have anything to do with ur lifts lol, u use ur upper body not ur lower.[/quote]

Here is some good advice…

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/better_bench.htm

Ahahaha thanks, and shoes doesn’t have anything to do with ur lifts lol, u use ur upper body not ur lower.[/quote]

In an effort to prevent injury and increase your bench press you might want to do some research on proper setups. You could be surprised to find that the proper placement of your lower body has a direct effect on your bench press ability.

For example, planting your shoes firmly into the floor allows you to impart drive through your lower body and stabilizes your upper body so you can lift more weight.

Never kid yourself. The correct execution of heavy compound lifts require participation from your entire body.

yea there are a few pepole i know at my school who only weigh 180 or 190 who bench 260-275

Looking at nug and benchpressers avatars, I’m thinking the pose needs a name, like the “most muscular” or “back double bi”…

maybe “Myspace Curl”?

A nice sized lift for a fifteen year old by any standard.

However you have a very noticible disparity between your left and right side. Ironing out this difference as well as further technique tweaking should lead to a significant increase weight, as well as safer gains.

Long Live The Body Science

lol i like myspace curl