T Nation

15 Years Old Weighs 142

Is there any teen my body weight who can bench this much i just wanna see where im at in this world. I bench more than most the 180-200 people.

People I know are roughly the same.

Uhh is that 175? I suck at counting up weights, but I weigh 156 and bench 225 and I’m 16. I also know a kid who wrestled 130 and he benches 220 but he’s 17.

Trust me, there’s a ton of people in the world who can out bench you. Sorry to say, no matter how hard you train, you won’t be the strongest kid in the world.

Good work on the bench press.

You might bench more than people weighing 180-200 who don’t workout and who also sport some pretty mean gunts, but that’s about it.

I benched that right before I turned 15.

Later I found out my bar was only 40lbs tho.

I was just under 200lbs at the time.

i could only bench 185 when i was 15 :frowning: bodyweight - 170

For your age at that BW that is a very good bench press imo.

[quote]Chris82362 wrote:
Uhh is that 175?
[/quote]

It’s 215.

im 16 i can do 275… i weigh about 189 now.

we have a 16 year old who weighs 130 and benches 245.hes our running back.your doing good but theres nothing mindblowing about it.

not bad, i don’t know if you should be lifting weights in sandles and you should probably have a spotter too if you are struggling like that for one rep

Usually if i have a spotter people wanna say they helped me so i dont have one.

[quote]bloodandtears wrote:
not bad, i don’t know if you should be lifting weights in sandles and you should probably have a spotter too if you are struggling like that for one rep[/quote]

I doubt his choice of shoe will really affect his bench performance a lot.

well it doesnt but im sayin hopefully he doesnt use those for all his workouts

My spotter doesn’t touch the bar unless it’s about to drop on my chest…pretty sure you could convince somebody to do the same for you.

[quote]bloodandtears wrote:
well it doesnt but im sayin hopefully he doesnt use those for all his workouts[/quote]

Why?

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
bloodandtears wrote:
not bad, i don’t know if you should be lifting weights in sandles and you should probably have a spotter too if you are struggling like that for one rep

I doubt his choice of shoe will really affect his bench performance a lot.[/quote]

There’s one thing you should have learned from this site…it’s ALL in the shoe.

[quote]Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
eeu743 wrote:
bloodandtears wrote:
not bad, i don’t know if you should be lifting weights in sandles and you should probably have a spotter too if you are struggling like that for one rep

I doubt his choice of shoe will really affect his bench performance a lot.

There’s one thing you should have learned from this site…it’s ALL in the shoe.[/quote]

Is that really the one thing I should have learned? That shoes are important? Why would you say it is important in this instance, and how would his choice of shoe affect his bench performance?

You haven’t lurked long enough if you need to ask that.

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
eeu743 wrote:
bloodandtears wrote:
not bad, i don’t know if you should be lifting weights in sandles and you should probably have a spotter too if you are struggling like that for one rep

I doubt his choice of shoe will really affect his bench performance a lot.

There’s one thing you should have learned from this site…it’s ALL in the shoe.

Is that really the one thing I should have learned? That shoes are important? Why would you say it is important in this instance, and how would his choice of shoe affect his bench performance? [/quote]