15 Years Old, Any Tips?

It sounds like you are still bench pressing everyday, thats ok I did the same thing when I was 15, I also didn’t know about somewhere like T-Nation

don’t get stuck on the bench press and curl program, your gains will stop real soon.

do diffrent exercises throughout the week, do pullups rows, overhead press, incline bench, dips, squats, deadlifts, and yea SQUAT trust me your legs arnt impressive just becuase you can see veins

and eat until your parents complain.

[quote]KO421 wrote:
It sounds like you are still bench pressing everyday, thats ok I did the same thing when I was 15, I also didn’t know about somewhere like T-Nation

don’t get stuck on the bench press and curl program, your gains will stop real soon.

do diffrent exercises throughout the week, do pullups rows, overhead press, incline bench, dips, squats, deadlifts, and yea SQUAT trust me your legs arnt impressive just becuase you can see veins

and eat until your parents complain.[/quote]

I wish i knew about proper nutrition and deadlifts when i was 15.

eat loads over the summer, i remember gaining around 10-15 pounds around each summer(not even lifting) just eating loads. Growth spurts are awesome, don’t be afraid of fats either.

I wish i would of found this site earlier, i used to think eating 2500 calories a day was huge, now im eating around 4-5k.

eating is 75% of the battle. I used to be like you, thinking that upperbody was all that mattered, to tell you the truth, i love squats now.

Do not only do barbell curls and bench press, major muscle imbalances will be created.

I’d say the major thing from 14-15 years of bench increase was mainly just eating more, try and find somebody that knows how to deadlift properly and get instructions from them.

And you will not get big legs from running. squats and milk will.

one trick if you’re benching, and absolutely cannot get a spotter, is to leave the plates on without a clamp, or one side at least. It’s kinda tricky to balance, but once you get the hang of it it’s pretty handy. But if it’s heavy you just tip the bar to the side with no clamp and the weights will fall off. That is if you use that kind of bench.

We got hard wood floor… so if a weight fell it’d break the floor :slight_smile:
But i suppose thats better than the weight breaking me.

[quote]All4MyGirl wrote:
We got hard wood floor… so if a weight fell it’d break the floor :slight_smile:
But i suppose thats better than the weight breaking me.[/quote]

buy a rubber stall matt 40-50 bucks

atleast put some carpet down under where you lift, or just join a gym

Squat Or Die.

im in a rush, and just happened to catch the title of your post, and i didnt read any of your post or anyone elses, so if ur looking for advice on something other than getting bigger or stronger, than my bad, so heres my 2 cents…

Eat, Lift, Sleep…Repeat…Repeat…Repeat…

Get out of this whole mindset of getting your upper body bigger only and your arms bigger and chest bigger. Get your whole body bigger. My legs are my best part and definitely don’t need to be worked as hard as the rest of my body but I do work them as hard.

The reason for this is that working legs, will release more testosterone in your body which will help to build muscle everywhere on your body.

Get a spotter. You say they can only lift 25 lbs worth, but if you are lifting something where you need more than 25 lbs of help than you are too fatigued to lift it and shouldn’t have lifted it off the rack.

Stop benching/curling everyday. There is no point to it and you will see better gains with less work.

Eat more. Stay away from sugars. Get lots protein. Tell your mom to kill a cow every week and eat all the beef off of it.