15 Year-Old's Training Mission

Monday - abs&neck

Tuesday- run45min pull ups & dips

wed- skipping abs & neck

thursday- running pull ups and dips

friday- cycling abs &neck

Sat- (ok ive decided to visit the gym on saturday)

Sunday- rest

Pull ups - 4 reps of 10 slow

Dips - 5 reps of 10

ABS - 20 LOWER AB THRUSTS
20 LOWER AB ROLL UPS
20 FROG CRUNCHES
20 CRUNCHES WITH LEGS ELEVATED

NECK - WRESTELERS BRIDGE AS LONG AS POSSIBLE

Diet

Ok so im going for alround healthy eatin which is convenient and wont give me withdrawl simptons or fatigue as from other diets eg atkins blah blah

Breakfast small bowl of bran flakes with semi skimmed milk and glass of water breakfast will be after my run

Lunch 2 sandwithches tuna or ham sandwich with lots of tomato and letis and using brown bread

piece of fruit when I return from school

The family dinner also drink plenty of water.

I have decided I will post my progress each day for 30 days o yeah and I almost forgot I do PE every day thai boxing on tuesdays and Fridays and rugby on Mondays and the only reason im running so early in the morning is I have to study.

i have eddited the post and would be appreciative if replies were more constructive than scathing

any ideas for lunch?

bye the bye i dont eat much normaly as i am quite small and my goals are (practical muscle) growth and a small amount of fat loss i am aware that losing WEIGHT is bad as i am growing and no i dont have a negative self image i just feel my sports and energy levels would be better if i was fitter and stronger o and no i aint overweight my bmi is 22

Well, good job on deciding to be healthy. Now the big question, why?

Basically, what is it you are trying to accomplish? The workout you posted is VERY limited in exercise selection. If you don’t have access to weights, there is so much more you could do.

For example, why no pushups? What about some body weight squats or lunges? What about doing some jump rope one day just to change up from the running? And the list can go on and on.

Good instincts, and I look forward to seeing your progress. But I’d like to tweak the routine a little bit. With PE everyday, and Muay Thai twice a week, and rugby once a week, you don’t need that Monday morning run. Sleep in bro, you need it.

Your nutrition plan sounds solid enough, I know it’s rough when you don’t buy the groceries. But I’d be happier if you could toss back a protein shake (or just some more protein), possibly before bed.

You could definitely use more exercise variation. I’m sensing you’re looking to use only bodyweight exercises. In that case, I’d suggest:
Tuesday
A1. Pull-ups or Chin-ups 4x10 (Depending on your max)
A2. Dips 4x10 (Depending on your max)
B. Squats 4x12

Thursday
A1. Dive Bomber Push-ups 4x4
A2. Lunges 4x8
B1. Plank 2x30seconds
B2. Reverse Plank 2x30 seconds
B3. Side Plank 2x30 seconds (each side)

Saturday
A. Carry something heavy (a backpack, a pair of suitcases, the dog, your bike, whatever) 3xabout 50 steps.
B. Your ab routine, which isn’t ideal (high reps rarely are), but will do for now.

• You’ve conveniently neglected any leg training. Also, the 5 slow reps you’re doing on pull-ups and dips aren’t the way to build a better athlete. If you want to make them more challenging, try different variations (different grips).

• I’m not a big fan of neck bridging, so, I don’t encourage it. I like this article:
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459293
    by Christian Thibaudeau which covers neck training. (I especially like exercise B…super-fun!!)

Are you overweight??

I used to think along the same lines as you (in terms of eating and training) when I was 15. It didn’t get me anywhere btw.

Quit being a pussy and start eating and training like a man.

[quote]theherdinator wrote:
Breakfast small bowl of bran flakes with semi skimmed milk and glass of water breakfast will be after my run

Lunch tuna or ham sandwich with lots of tomato and letis and using brown bread

piece of fruit when I return from school

The family dinner eat the same as my wee bro who is 2 years my younger therefore I won?t over eat also drink plenty of water.

I have decided I will post my progress each day for 30 days o yeah and I almost forgot I do PE every day thai boxing on tuesdays and Fridays and rugby on Mondays and the only reason im running so early in the morning is I have to study.
[/quote]

Are you trying to lose weight? For a 15 year old, I don’t understand why your food intake is so limited. “therefore I won’t over eat”? You are growing, what are you so afraid of?

Also, why are you only doing one or two exercises a day?

Also, I am a little tired of seeing so many newbies in the gym doing superslow training as if this is how they should be training in the first place. I am not sure who passed this on as a fad, but you won’t gain much muscle that way. The idea is to lower the weight a little slower than you lifted it, not to try to outdo snails as far as time spent during one rep.

His nutrition sounds solid? I would be a stick if I would have eaten like that at 15.

yes i am aware that im a growing lad and that i should be eating more but in general my fitness levals are high thanks for the tip about varying excercise skipping would be good as it would tie in with my boxing ill add in some fruit at breakfast time and any examples of a portable healthy lunch would be appreaceated

also what should i change by reps to im looking for good usable muscle strngth o and yes you would include neck excersizis if you played in the scrum.

im starting my plan tommorow by the way

ps im not interested in wieghtloss im not stupid or imature enough to believe that weight gain at my age would be unhealthy

yes i am aware that im a growing lad and that i should be eating more but in general my fitness levals are high thanks for the tip about varying excercise skipping would be good as it would tie in with my boxing ill add in some fruit at breakfast time and any examples of a portable healthy lunch would be appreaceated

also what should i change by reps to im looking for good usable muscle strngth o and yes you would include neck excersizis if you played in the scru im starting tommorow by the way

ps im not interested in wieghtloss im not stupid or imature enough to believe that weight gain at my age would be unhealthy [/quote]

OK…then how much do you weigh and are you planning to gain weight slowly over time by increasing your food intake? The fruit at bedtime is not what I am talking about. Your whole food amounts are low. You get home in the afternoon and all you get is a piece of fruit? I was a very active and skinny kid. After school I would be starving and one piece of fruit (unless we are talking about an entire watermelon or a whole pumpkin) would not have cut it. You are listing an eating plan that sounds like someone trying to lose weight. I am not sure this is sinking in yet.

I understand that at your age, much of what you eat is governed by what your parents make or cook for you. However, unless they are extremely diconnected from your goals (something I have experienced), getting a MEAL in after school BEFORE your traditional dinner shouldn’t be that hard of a process.

Also, what the hell is wrong with your keyboard?

sorry for offending you but if you think your gonna force feed me like my mum does youve got it all wrong i know my bmi is 22 cause we did it in standard grade pe in school but we dont have scales in the house so i dunno my exact weight

i am quite short and i probably could do with losing a few pounds of fat but the plan i have posted is mostley about excersize the diet is pretty much what i normaly eat and youll find that food intake is different for everyone so please dont compare me to your own experience

im probably about an inch less of in fat proportion than your pics in your most recent thread but am interested in replacing my fat with muscle.

anyway whatever happened to constructive feedback give me some advice dont dis me

[quote]Professor X wrote:
His nutrition sounds solid? I would be a stick if I would have eaten like that at 15.[/quote]

Decent-sounding cereal (not Sugar Puffy Pops) for breakfast, 2 sandwiches for lunch, a piece of fruit (more than most teens eat), and dinner. Yes, I’d say that’s a solid start.

I already suggested adding an extra feeding of protein at night. I don’t think that’s a problem. I would like to know the kid’s height and weight, though.

And herd, by going back and editing your original post, after we’ve already commented on it, things can get confusing. Just post a new reply with the changes you want to make.

Your lunch sounds okay. Some other options would be roast beef sandwiches, peanut butter and jelly on a bagel, turkey and cheese sandwiches, mac + cheese with tuna (a classic!!!).

P.S. - Why have you added even more cardio, with the running, jump rope, and cycling? With that much activity each day, you’re going to disappear. If you’re increasing your activity that much (which I can’t understand, and disagree with), you’ll definitely need to be eating more, in which case, Prof. X is 106% correct.

sorry for offending you but if you think your gonna force feed me like my mum does youve got it all wrong i know my bmi is 22 cause we did it in standard grade pe in school but we dont have scales in the house so i dunno my exact weight [/quote]

? Is english your first language?

no, is asshole yours?

ok il also try and take some pics an get my height and weight for now ive gotta go ill post tommorow and give you my progress thanks for the advise Minotaur

no, is asshole yours?

ok il also try and take some pics an get my height and weight for now ive gotta go ill post tommorow and give you my progress thanks for the advise Minotaur[/quote]

I see they do teach “smartass” even if you skip all of those English and Writing classes. If this is the writing expectation of most 15 year olds lately, I can see why there is so much press about how underprepared students are for college lately. I hope you are great at sports…lord knows academics won’t get you through.

[quote]Minotaur wrote:

Decent-sounding cereal (not Sugar Puffy Pops) for breakfast, 2 sandwiches for lunch, a piece of fruit (more than most teens eat), and dinner. Yes, I’d say that’s a solid start.

[/quote]

For a 5 year old.

Yeah, I know what you’re talking about. Sometimes I feel like I’m the only 16 year old on Earth who knows how to form sentences.

[quote]T-Quinn wrote:
Minotaur wrote:

For a 5 year old.[/quote]

Okay then Chester, tell us exactly what you’d like the 15-year old to eat? (Who we can presume doesn’t do the food shopping and has to deal with what’s in the house, as well as dealing with eating during a schoolday.) Thanks.

For the love of the late Walter Hudson, I said it was a start. What’s the problem with that? If the kid said he was living off Snickers bars for breakfast, a Yoo-Hoo for lunch, and Nachos for dinner, then I’d be more worried. What he said he’s eating isn’t ideal, I’ll give you that. But compared to the majority of 15-year olds around, he’s a big frickin’ step ahead of the game.

[quote]Minotaur wrote:
T-Quinn wrote:
Minotaur wrote:

For a 5 year old.

Okay then Chester, tell us exactly what you’d like the 15-year old to eat? (Who we can presume doesn’t do the food shopping and has to deal with what’s in the house, as well as dealing with eating during a schoolday.) Thanks.

For the love of the late Walter Hudson, I said it was a start. What’s the problem with that? If the kid said he was living off Snickers bars for breakfast, a Yoo-Hoo for lunch, and Nachos for dinner, then I’d be more worried. What he said he’s eating isn’t ideal, I’ll give you that. But compared to the majority of 15-year olds around, he’s a big frickin’ step ahead of the game.[/quote]

It’s the amounts that people are noticing and drinking a Yoohoo at 15 years of age is not going to kill the kid. His eating is extremely restrictive overall and considering he claims to be playing sports, it doesn’t seem like enough food intake. The goal on this board isn’t to get everyone to try to be the biggest “health nuts” on the block, but to also eat in a way that creates results.

If I were fifteen again and training often I’d just eat as much as I could - being that you’re probably full of hormones right now. Then, I don’t pretend to know much about nutrition, that’s just a gut (no pun) reaction…

Also, please learn to spell properly - it’s a wonderful way of communicating effectively :wink: