T Nation

15 Year Old on Anabolic Diet

Hey guys just joined the forum.

-I am 15 and i have been on the anabolic diet for about 2-3 months now, i read mauro’s book, and i was wondering if it’s even beneficial for me? I’ve been killing myhself with tones of red meat and eggs and usually i end up in the 3000 cal range, less than 40g carbs.

  • Is it even safe for me?

  • How do i know if i even adjusted, i tried the 12 day period adjustment 3 times because i kept messing up on certain days, yet, even though my stool feels adjusted to the diet, i don’t feel any different, and have had pretty minimal gains i could have had with a normal diet i think… i don’t feel different.

The only reason i decided too try this diet out was because i felt i had low testosterone, but I’m not sure if i even do. i need your help guys. I don’t want too be messed up hormonally for the rest of my life, or fuck up my training. attached is a pic of me .

need help brothers.

[quote]Aminian wrote:
The only reason i decided too try this diet out was because i felt i had low testosterone, but I’m not sure if i even do. i need your help guys. I don’t want too be messed up hormonally for the rest of my life, or fuck up my training. attached is a pic of me .[/quote]

have you discussed your low test concerns with anyone?

what does your training look like?

If you’re not gaining add more calories

Do you track your calories accurately? What did you eat yesterday?

Eat more.

The AD isn’t for everyone. At 15 years old you just need a varied, nutritious diet; nothing too fancy or restrictive.

If you’re messing up your induction phase repeatedly and starting over, you’ve probably been low-carb for too long to call it the AD; more like a short series of keto diets. Messing up may be an indication that you aren’t suited to the AD (the breaking-in period can be rough) or it simply isn’t compatible with your current lifestyle.

Look for something you can sustain over the long-term…

X2 on “what does your training look like”…

[quote]Aminian wrote:
I’ve been killing myhself with tones of red meat and eggs and usually i end up in the 3000 cal range, less than 40g carbs.

  • Is it even safe for me?[/quote]
    What part of the diet makes you think it might not be safe? Did you really think you are killing yourself by eating red meat and eggs or did you mean you don’t enjoy eating that stuff? If you don’t enjoy red meat and eggs you might just want to try a new diet.

[quote]
The only reason i decided too try this diet out was because i felt i had low testosterone, but I’m not sure if i even do. i need your help guys. I don’t want too be messed up hormonally for the rest of my life, or fuck up my training. attached is a pic of me .[/quote]
Get your testosterone checked, you are coming off as a hypochondriac at this point.

[quote]roybot wrote:
The AD isn’t for everyone. At 15 years old you just need a varied, nutritious diet; nothing too fancy or restrictive.

If you’re messing up your induction phase repeatedly and starting over, you’ve probably been low-carb for too long to call it the AD; more like a short series of keto diets. [/quote]

Amen!
At 15 it is doubtful you have a test. issue.

This kid is 15. Why does anyone here think he has “low test”? Because the kid said so?

It is sad times when people jump to some hormonal disease process before they work up to “am I even eating and training enough”.

Guys grow until the age of 21. I think it is pretty damn stupid to be on a restrictive diet at that age unless you are truly obese.

These kids will fuck themselves up in the long run. Say goodbye to that extra inch in height.

[quote]JLone wrote:

Get your testosterone checked, you are coming off as a hypochondriac at this point. [/quote]

He’s 15. His balls have barely dropped.

Please read before giving children advice.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
This kid is 15. Why does anyone here think he has “low test”? Because the kid said so?

It is sad times when people jump to some hormonal disease process before they work up to “am I even eating and training enough”.[/quote]
Not one person agreed with/thinks the kid is low in vitamin T.

For people like the OP, who think they have a problem, the best suggestion it to just let them check it out and realize they don’t. (no matter how stupid it sounds to the rest of us)

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

Get your testosterone checked, you are coming off as a hypochondriac at this point. [/quote]
He’s 15. His balls have barely dropped.

Please read before giving children advice. [/quote]
I don’t jump on the internet to “tell people how it is.”

Like I said above, he will figure it out on his own.

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

Get your testosterone checked, you are coming off as a hypochondriac at this point. [/quote]
He’s 15. His balls have barely dropped.

Please read before giving children advice. [/quote]
I don’t jump on the internet to “tell people how it is.”

Like I said above, he will figure it out on his own.[/quote]

Kids are different from “people”.

Your advice to go to a doctor to get blood tests is extremely ironic when you claim that he sounds like a hypochondriac in the next line. Youre only potentially reinforcing that issue.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Your advice to go to a doctor to get blood tests is extremely ironic when you claim that he sounds like a hypochondriac in the next line.[/quote]
Intended as such.

Thanks for highlighting one of the nuances of my personality but I prefer to just be known as sarcastic.