15 Year Old After 1 Year.

You dont know who is drivethru, the guy meant is as an insult, look here for The Beast Awakens thread. Im 15 also and im freaking kicking your ass (no disrespect). Great genes. unlimited food and workout time (practically). Though i think its awesome to start early at bodybuilding.

Let me tell you something, till the T offset doesnt begin your body composition will suffer no matter how hard you train and how well you eat. You look you have a little less fat also, good job. Get your lifts up a good diet and you’ll be alright (the advice you’ll hear from everybodyt here in T). For more details on how to gain mass look here in T-Nation, not at bb.com or kitchen sink Coach Joe.

Good Luk!

[quote]1morerep wrote:
etb50 wrote:
Monday - shoulders and back, abs
Tuesday - biceps, triceps, forearm
Wednesday - chest, abs
Thursday - Legs, forearm

this is my new workout routine, this last year i didnt really do legs,or forearms, and very little back, but i am doing those now. last year i didnt squat or do deadlifts, but this year im gona squat. Im not sure about the deadlifts yet tho, because i dont really have a spotter, and i dont want to injure myself. what are rows?

i’m not crazy about this routine. 4 days in a row of training is too much. i also don’t understand how you can train chest the day after you’ve trained triceps. aren’t they sore? your chest workout will suffer because your tri’s aren’t yet recovered. try something like this:

mon: chest, bi’s, calves

tues: legs, abs, forearms

wed: off

thurs: delts, tri’s

fri: back, calves, forearms

sat & sun: off[/quote]

If you’d rather lift on the weekends, just re-arrange the routine like so:

mon & tues: off

wed: chest, bi’s, calves

thurs: legs, abs, forearms

fri: off

sat: delts, tri’s

sun: back, calves, forearms

That way you stay out of trouble on the weekends and get sufficient rest between workouts.

I don’t get why this guy almost has a 4. No offence, you’ve got a great attitude, and made good gains. But you’re still a rank beginner.

However you seem to have your head screwed on right when it comes to lifting/eating.

Keep it up.

[quote]mjc381 wrote:
are you being trained by drivethru?[/quote]

It looks more like this guy has been training drivethru in exchange for helping him with his math homework.

[quote]mjc381 wrote:
are you being trained by drivethru?[/quote]

Impossible. His neck thickness and width are far too small. Drivethru would have him in his signature neck program for months before touching things like dumbbells or barbells.

EDIT: To the OP, you have a good attitude and you are starting training at an age where you will make incredible gains very quickly. Keep up the good work and listen to the experienced advice you gain here at T-Nation.

[quote]etb50 wrote:
Monday - shoulders and back, abs
Tuesday - biceps, triceps, forearm
Wednesday - chest, abs
Thursday - Legs, forearm

this is my new workout routine, this last year i didnt really do legs,or forearms, and very little back, but i am doing those now. last year i didnt squat or do deadlifts, but this year im gona squat. Im not sure about the deadlifts yet tho, because i dont really have a spotter, and i dont want to injure myself. what are rows? [/quote]

I would recommend that you spread out your training days if possible to allow for more recovery time between workouts.

Also, at your age I would switch to a total body routine rather than the bodybuilding split you’re doing. This is a topic of great debate around here but for beginners it’s an easy call. You shouldn’t be “adding in” squats and deadlifts, they should be the core of every workout until you gain some solid, overall mass. You can always add in some extra, single joint exercises to “finish off” specific muscles after your big, compound lifts but the multi joint exercises should come first. Once you’ve gained enough overall mass you can switch to a BB routine and work on weak areas but you’re a couple years and a 20-30 pounds from really needing a split program.

Just my $0.02.

BTW, learn the deadlift and its variations now! You mention needing a spot but it’s one of the exercises that can be done safely on your own. If you can’t lift it, it just stays on the ground. To be honest, I don’t even know how you could spot someone on a deadlift.

As far as how to do rows (or any other exercises), check out this site:

Just dropped by to say congradulations on your progress! I wish I would have started at 14! I went to boarding school myself for my junior year waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back so I can appreciate you dilema. The idea earlier about the tuna is really a great idea! Additionally you might look into a rice steamer (they are pretty cheap) and steam up some rice to get more good carbs in.

For your lifting routine, I agree that 4 days in a row is a bit much. I would not train more than 2 days in a row. I would focus your efforts on things that will build joint stability as well as give you hypertrophy and strength. For legs, if you have someone good to watch your form squats are good, if not I would do sled work and lunges.

For upperbody chins, rows, dips and presses are all good, arms should respond well to dumbell curls and close grip presses. You may try a split like Chest/Back (day 1)
Legs (day 2)
OFF (day 3)
Arms/Shoulders (day 4)
Off (day 5)

Build the joint stability and some more size before you attempt big moves, you are still growing and there are enough things you will respond to that will give you god results and at the same time set you up for better long term athletic success and progress.

Form on all exercises should be paramount, the weights will come as long as you master the form first (didn’t mean to sound like Yoda there). Reps I would keep at 10 or more. Your body will “learn” the movements better and this will facillitate hypertrophy.

Afte an initial phase with the priority on Stability, form, flexability, and hypertrophy you should be good to progress to something like Westside for Skinny Bastards. Again, great work so far and you definately came to the right place for advice, there are a lot of great people on this site who have a lot of knowledge to share! Keep us posted!

sigh people really need to learn to read the rules for rate my physique. You’re not rating him for how he is as a 15 year old. You’re rating him overall. He’s a 0 (no offense, you’re young, we all started there). He should NOT be a 3.2

but yeah, OP you have a great attitude, I hope you listen to the advice here and keep hitting the iron.

Agreed that he has a good attitude and he’ll definatly improve with age. Just eat solid wholesome foods and lift with basic compound exercises. I think you’ll look awesome by the time you get older. Good to see someone young hitting the iron. Keep it up. Rob

hey guys, i must say all the advise here has really helped me. I just weighed myself yesterday, and now im 140lb which isnt huge, but its and improvement from the 125 that i as when i came here a year ago asking for advise. Ill try to post some pictures sometime soon! just wanted to come by and say thanks to all u guys that were willing to take some time out and give me advise! thanks

i respect that you would post these pictures when its that bad. i’m 15 and i’m naturally better than that.