15 Y/O - Good Bench Squat and Deadlift Numbers?

Totally agree. A lot of the time I see guys posting about big numbers and they’re all under 700/400/700. I don’t get it, because among the things social media does is show people regularly hitting those kind of numbers.

I’m not saying it’s not an achievement to squat 500 pounds or bench 300. It just isn’t special. Even it you’re like me with a serious lag in the bench, you still know what a good bench is by seeing other dudes hit them. Same with the other lifts.

2 Likes

I remember when I first squatted 500. I was all happy and proud of myself for like 5 minutes, then I realized my squat still sucks.

2 Likes

I can’t even deadlift that

Let’s make it 600/400/700 so it seems at least attainable for me! Unless I start using wraps which obviously add 100+lbs (jk).

But I agree with Chris and Bulldog, there are a ton of charts out there that can put you in “Elite” status, without anyone actually thinking of you as being elite.

Back to the original topic, what grade are you in at 15 years old? Grade 9 or 10 or something?
We had “clubs” in high school for powerlifting (700lb/800lb/900lb/1000lb club - just your totals, which put your name on the wall under the club that you achieved).
I was in the 700lb club in gr. 9, 800lb in gr 10, etc all the way through high school. I stayed for a single semester for a 5th year to play football and totaled 1155lbs (405lb squat, 285lb bench, 465lb deadlift @ 185lbs).

I also just noticed this. As my coach would say, “you need to eat more than a grape”. You’re 5’10" and under 140lbs?? First things first, add some mass to that frame and those numbers will grow fast if you keep putting the work in the weight room. A lot of wasted effort going on if you’ve stayed at this weight for the last 5 months of working out.

4 Likes

I’d say deadlift is good. I only remember my squat at 15 so I can’t really compare the others and I was slightly heavier, about 70kg or more.