T Nation

14lb Gain Over 4 Days, WTF?!

I just finished up a cut about a month ago. For the past 3 weeks I have been slowly increasing calories and sitting at maint. In the last week I decided to go back onto a dirty bulk. Now things were not even that dirty, for the past 4 days I have been between 500-1000 over maint. I am also back on creatine. Well anyway I stepped on the scale and BAM, 13.5lb heavier than 4 days ago.

I dont think that my glycogen stores were that depleted prior to these 4 days as I was taking between 200-350 carbs on maint during the past 2 weeks. I also do look alot flatter and less defined. I measured at 9%bf last week before getting on the extra calories and creatine. Is this just a lot of water spilling over or have I somehow put on a stupid amouny of fat really fast?

eat some fiber bro ur all backed up

Probably a combination of water storage and poo in the chute.

Could the extra flatness that I am seeing be explained by the water/creatine? I am looking bloated all over. I have been on 5g creatine mono

if u were taking in 200-350g carbs a day you were not depleted unless you were running marathons or something similar.

did you step on the scale at the same time of day before and after the weight gain?

also “dirty bulking” is the gayest thing in the fucking world.

P.s. i doubt you are 9% bodyfat lmao

Yes I was stepping on the scale at the same time of the day. Why is dirty bulking the gayest thing in the world, it has worked wonders for me twice and has worked for many others. The 9? was as recorded by a DXA scan 4 weeks ago before I started climbing back up to maint levels.

[quote]eaz135 wrote:
Could the extra flatness that I am seeing be explained by the water/creatine? I am looking bloated all over. I have been on 5g creatine mono[/quote]
5g creatine mono is hardly enough to do…anything. I take 20mg/day when I do take it and barely notice bloat.

I really prefer higher quality creatine like creatine chelate or ethyl ester. But since I can get 1,000 g of pure mono for $15.00 lol…the Jew in me will not allow me to pass it up.