1439 Unassisted/Raw Total at 181

Congrats on a huge meet. Any plans to compete in the Laughlin meet next year? It would be pretty cool to see you and the rest of the top 181 lifters go head to head at that meet.

[quote]drew2143 wrote:
Congrats on a huge meet. Any plans to compete in the Laughlin meet next year? It would be pretty cool to see you and the rest of the top 181 lifters go head to head at that meet.[/quote]

I actually don’t even know what that meet is, but I am pretty much done at this weight class. I would rather make bigger increases on my total at the cost of my coefficient by gaining weight than spend years eeking out a few more pounds.

And I want to be huge, haha.

Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

nice meet. strong like bull. you gonna stop at 198 or go straight to 220?

[quote]hawkcapt1912 wrote:
nice meet. strong like bull. you gonna stop at 198 or go straight to 220?
[/quote]

I definitely wouldn’t cry myself to sleep if I ended up as a 220, but I’m basically going to ease off the breaks on my diet and see where my body ends up. I was still growing before I started restricting my diet to get down to 181, so I’m curious what will happen if I just keep upping the volume in my training and diet.

Laughlin is the NASA Nationals (IIRC) next year. It’s just a bit away from Las Vegas. It’s going to be a really big meet. Rich Peters is promoting it like no other.

If you are under 200lbs, it’s not impressive unless its a 10x bodyweight total…

Just kidding. Awesome fucking stuff, man.

Big congrats man, those are some huge numbers. Now onward to 220!

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
If you are under 200lbs, it’s not impressive unless its a 10x bodyweight total…

Just kidding. Awesome fucking stuff, man.[/quote]

Thanks man. Means a lot from you.

And fuck being under 200lbs, no more, haha.

Great Job Punisher!!! I havent hit a 502 sq at 181 since february last year. I think it was because I started playing around with other stuff…

Prior to that, I did the same thing as you 5-3-1 BBB. Keep up the good work!

Thanks man. I’m hitting up the 5/3/1 mass gain approach now for my post meet training while still sticking with the ROM progression for lower body. Should be interesting to see how it works out.

Did you use a specific diet to cut, or just cut calories all around?

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Did you use a specific diet to cut, or just cut calories all around?[/quote]

Nothing specific. I cut down carbs a lot, ate a lot more meat and veggies, and started exercising portion control.

Daily diet was like this

2 scoops of whey in skim milk

Fiber one brownie (every 3 days I would eat something carbier, like a cup of oatmeal, to keep out of ketosis)

1lb of meat
Mixed veggies or bag of salad

Similar to 1100 meal

Same as 0630 meal

GREAT JOB! Great form on your squats too, definitely nice to see. Looked like on that last deadlift having to roll it toward you threw you out of your groove just a tad, was that the case?

[quote]Ballin4Christ32 wrote:
GREAT JOB! Great form on your squats too, definitely nice to see. Looked like on that last deadlift having to roll it toward you threw you out of your groove just a tad, was that the case? [/quote]

Not at all, the complete opposite actually. I find that rolling the bar into you is essential to a strong pull. Most likely what would be throwing me off is that I train with a deadlift bar, while this was a power bar, but I actually like using that in comp because I feel like I get a much stronger leg drive due to how stiff the bar is.

Thanks for the compliment on squat form. I was curious how they would turn out, since the only heavy squatting I did for the past 6 months or so was concentric only Anderson squats out of chains, but my assistance work was basic squats.

Nice total and very strong deadlift, good luck on your quest of gaining weight

Nice job man, all your hard work paid off!

Thanks guys. Weight gain is going good so far, haha.