142 Pounds and Can't Grow

I have a really thin frame and also asian genes resulting in me looking small, and having a hard time gaining weight. I bench 205 10x3 and squat 295 10x3 (I do other stuff but I think these are good gauges), and I weigh 142 lbs at 5 ft 9.

I’ve read a lot of articles and threads and I just can’t find a clear or satisfying answer so I just want someone to straight up tell me they did something (pullovers?) that actually expanded their frame after the age of 21. I just don’t want to look like a pussy anymore.

more food

whats you’re nutrition like?

Eat - Eat - Lift - Eat - Eat - Eat - Sleep - Eat

Modify your day accordingly.

Stan McQuay is of asian descent, by the way.

I didn’t start until age 29. Lifted heavy and ate a lot, I’ve gotten much bigger.

Recommendations:

1. Lift heavy, focusing on strength.
  2. EAT A LOT.
  3. Post in the beginner’s section.

[quote]JohnnyDanger wrote:
I have a really thin frame and also asian genes resulting in me looking small, and having a hard time gaining weight. I bench 205 10x3 and squat 295 10x3 (I do other stuff but I think these are good gauges), and I weigh 142 lbs at 5 ft 9. I’ve read a lot of articles and threads and I just can’t find a clear or satisfying answer so I just want someone to straight up tell me they did something (pullovers?) that actually expanded their frame after the age of 21. I just don’t want to look like a pussy anymore.[/quote]

Get “Power Eating” by Kleiner. Of all the stuff I’ve read on nutrition, it’s the clearest.

I have a really thin frame and also asian genes resulting in me looking small, and having a hard time gaining weight. I bench 205 10x3 and squat 295 10x3 (I do other stuff but I think these are good gauges), and I weigh 142 lbs at 5 ft 9. I’ve read a lot of articles and threads and I just can’t find a clear or satisfying answer so I just want someone to straight up tell me they did something (pullovers?) that actually expanded their frame after the age of 21. I just don’t want to look like a pussy anymore.[/quote]

Erik Bui.

Yeah…damn those “asian genetics”.

People used to believe this. I do believe that has flown out of the window with the realization that cultural food preferences and lifestyles had much more to do with the lack of muscle on many Asians before recently.

The same rules apply with you as with anyone else. If you aren’t growing or gaining weight, you are still not eating enough and/or training hard enough.

I’ve read a lot of articles and threads and I just can’t find a clear or satisfying answer[/quote]

What does that mean? Does it mean that people are telling you to eat more and you’re not satisfied with that answer? If so, then you’re just flat out not doing what you’re suppose to do to gain weight.

Go to a Barnes and Noble and look in the exercise section for the book called “Scrawny to Brawny” by John Berardi. Flip through the book until you find his discussion of how much he had to eat to get big. Read through that menu. Read it again. I would put money on the bet that you eat fewer calories in a week than he did in two days. It’s hard to wrap your mind around how much food is required, and you probably don’t have to increase your in take to the extent he did, but you do need to eat EXPONENTIALLY more. Go and take a look at the book.

Good luck

I have a really thin frame and also asian genes resulting in me looking small, and having a hard time gaining weight. I bench 205 10x3 and squat 295 10x3 (I do other stuff but I think these are good gauges), and I weigh 142 lbs at 5 ft 9.

I’ve read a lot of articles and threads and I just can’t find a clear or satisfying answer so I just want someone to straight up tell me they did something (pullovers?) that actually expanded their frame after the age of 21. I just don’t want to look like a pussy anymore.[/quote]

“Asian genetics” is a cop-out. I know a bunch of asian guys, some are very small, and some are very muscular. Invariably, the skinny snd skinny-fat ones eat like crap, and the muscular ones eat very well. Post your diet, and you’ll get guidance on how to improve it.

Whatever you are eating now is not enough, its just that simple.

Most guys with your problem need to use a food log for a while to see exactly how much or little they are actually eating. Record everything you eat religiously. Sites like this can help if you are too lazy to read labels and use a pen.

http://www.fitday.com/

Minimum amounts of the essential macro nutrients of protein and fat are important but caloric surplus is even more important when it comes to growth. Caloric surplus is probably the most anabolic thing you can do. Until you figure out how to achieve caloric surplus you will never grow.

Squats and Milk should help you gain weight.

I agree with the posters above. Assuming you’re normal and healthy, Asian genes or not, there really isn’t any reason why you can’t gain weight other than not eating enough. Now, how much of that weight gain will be muscle or fat will of course depend on many other factors which we can’t tell from your post. Since your diet is not mentioned perhaps you can start by make a point of eating six meals a day and make each meal a minimum of 500 calories.

You have to be serious about counting your calories though and not just guesstimate. It’s a start and just a rough guideline. You can of course add or subtract depends on the result that you get. Good luck and hope you’re serious enough to take the action of eating enough.

bench 205 10x3 and squat 295 10x3 at 142lbs?

I doubt it. You know what to do, I just think you’re afraid of getting fat. Now that’s being a pussy.

Eat a lot more and give your muscles a reason to grow. My brother and I have got a buddy of ours that has gained 10 lbs in the last 2 weeks eating with us and training with my bro. You just need to erase your misconceptions and do whatever it takes to grow.

First drop your inferiority complex.

Until your willing to suspend your personal beliefs and listen to the aforementioned replies above mine. Your not actually serious about changing.

I have thin bone structure as well (around 6 in wrists), i started at 143 and am now 158. All it took was a massive increase in food, and lifting. try making a food log. it’s easy to think you’re eating a lot, when you really aren’t.

Like Everyone said EAT you see you may bee strong but Im willing to bet your diet is not calorie dense enough I wondered why I couldnt grow while lifting heavy and eating 3500 calories!

The reason 3500 calories was too low I was 165lbs just over 6 feet tall I now know that if I wanna grow I need to be eating 4500-5000 and I need to always be changing up my lifting program because my body adapts quickly!

So dont be afraid to eat! Whats the worst thing that will happen…youl gain a few pounds of fat with some muscle your 143 lbs on 5-9 you can use any weight you can get!

PS your not a bodybuilder lol…dont post in the bodybuilding section if your 143lb Im supprised you havent been grilled to death by now!

[quote]SSC wrote:

Stan McQuay is of asian descent, by the way.[/quote]

It would be nice if we could get more of him on this site. A locker room. Maybe some articles, features on him, etc.

He is still sponsored by Biotest, right?

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
SSC wrote:

Stan McQuay is of asian descent, by the way.

It would be nice if we could get more of him on this site. A locker room. Maybe some articles, features on him, etc.

He is still sponsored by Biotest, right?[/quote]

I would love to see more on Stan. I thought he was still sponsored by Biotest but I don’t know.