14 Yr. Old Basketball Player. 6' 1, 160

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]pdub690 wrote:
there’s a lot smarter ways to getting rebounds than just muscling your way in… learn how to read the ball off the rim (where it’s going to bounce) and be the first one to the spot, or get crafty and undercut people. Just be the first to the ball, not the strongest one that gets there.

Look at guys like Steve Nash & Rashawn Rondo, they’re 2 of the weakest & smallest guys on the court yet almost always have double digit rebound figures. It’s because they learn to hustle when others aren’t, they learn to read the ball & how it bounces better than anyone, and they do the small things right. You don’t have to be the strongest, just the smartest.[/quote]

But where does being strong AND smart get you? [/quote]

Arguing in a year old thread it would seem.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
EDIT

Before this topic gets beaten to death
You DO NOT have to eat 6 times a day. Doing so may well be impossible for a high school student. Make sure you eat a very big breakfast with a lot of carbs and a lot of protein. Pack your own lunch and eat a school lunch as well. Have a small meal/snack before practice if you can (maybe a protein shake or bar).

Then have a huge dinner. Overall calories is far more important than when you get the calories. I know a few people that only eat twice a day. They grow fine becuase the two meals they eat are enormous. Eating 6-7 times is easier on your body but if you don’t have time for 6 separate meals make sure the 2-4 meals you can eat are big enough. [/quote]

not true. i do it. its hard but its possible.

[quote]MementoMori wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]pdub690 wrote:
there’s a lot smarter ways to getting rebounds than just muscling your way in… learn how to read the ball off the rim (where it’s going to bounce) and be the first one to the spot, or get crafty and undercut people. Just be the first to the ball, not the strongest one that gets there.

Look at guys like Steve Nash & Rashawn Rondo, they’re 2 of the weakest & smallest guys on the court yet almost always have double digit rebound figures. It’s because they learn to hustle when others aren’t, they learn to read the ball & how it bounces better than anyone, and they do the small things right. You don’t have to be the strongest, just the smartest.[/quote]

But where does being strong AND smart get you? [/quote]

Arguing in a year old thread it would seem.
[/quote]

Arguing? You see an argument here?

Asking hypothetical questions, for the purposes of baiting, in a year old thread it would seem.

Fixed?

Eating 6x while in school isn’t so bad - but as a 14 year old I could see how it would be a major pain.

I’d go with BONEZ for sure, too many highschool kids wake up late and eat shit (if anything) for breakfast. They don’t get the concept of metabolism at all, and wonder why they feel like a zombie all day.

you are huge man. nice, just cut your body fat down a little…you have a little lower abdominal fat…soon as thats gone youl be a 10!..

dude wtf come on…go be a normal 14 year old and try to get laid or something…when you actually want to gain some muscle under you skin then come talk to us…wow, I thought i was a dork when I was 14…

my advice is to take bonez advice, I just dont have the patience to give you a legit responce. all the best

[quote]BenWallace3 wrote:
i know im real

[quote]Dave1986 wrote:

my advice is to take bonez advice, I just dont have the patience to give you a legit responce. all the best[/quote]

I disagree I think you have tons of patience given the fact you waited 358 odd days to give this sparkling piece of advice.

[quote]Dave1986 wrote:

my advice is to take bonez advice, I just dont have the patience to give you a legit responce. all the best[/quote]

I disagree I think you have tons of patience given the fact you waited 358 odd days to give this sparkling piece of advice.[/quote]

I’m a bit confused MM, you’re pointing out (numerous times) that we’re posting in a thread that is a year old… yet, you’re posting right along with us (more than anyone else might i add…)

[quote]pdub690 wrote:

[quote]Dave1986 wrote:

I disagree I think you have tons of patience given the fact you waited 358 odd days to give this sparkling piece of advice.[/quote]

I’m a bit confused MM, you’re pointing out (numerous times) that we’re posting in a thread that is a year old… yet, you’re posting right along with us (more than anyone else might i add…)

[/quote]

The posts I’m responding to were done in the past week (like yours). I’m not harping on a kid who made a mistake over a year ago and quit this website.

You belong on bb.com

eat, strength train

EAT LOTS OF PROTEIN !!

TRY TO DO AT LEAST 50 PUSHUPS A DAY EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

*** AND EAT GOT DAM IT