14, Started Lifting for Football

[quote]GeneticSmoke wrote:
Only big prob im having is gaining weight it seems like i can eat anything i want and as much as i want and i wont gain anything and from what i hear you need body fat first before you get muscle mass [/quote]

If you’re not gaining weight, you’re not eating enough. Period. If you’re eating enough to grow muscle, you will put on some fat. Maybe. Do yourself a favor. Read this:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459429

Good luck.

Tattoo at 14?
Lose the dog collar. You look tough enough without it.

Only big prob im having is gaining weight it seems like i can eat anything i want and as much as i want and i wont gain anything and from what i hear you need body fat first before you get muscle mass [/quote]

Then you might just have to eat more than you’d ever want to. Don’t let yourself ever be hungry except when you wake up, eat every 2-3 hours, and treat food as WAR just like you do lifting weights. I know that’s the only way I can gain any weight and I’m 32.

You don’t need fat first but the most effective way to make real gains seems to be to gain muscle and some fat. You can cut the fat later.

Wrong concept. The goal is NOT fat gain. The goal is gains in muscle mass. It is just accepted that someone pushing for providing their body with everything it needs MAY just have to accept some level of fat gain in order to make the most gains in muscle mass.

Why? because you can’t predict when your body is going to grow the most or even the EXACT point that you have eaten the specific number of calories to where one more or one less would equal too much or too little food for muscle mass to grow.

That is the concept behind “bulking up”, to give your body everything it needs to grow, not to simply gain fat or even want to gain any fat. The less fat gain (with none being ideal) in relation to muscle mass gained the better. However, the guy worried about any fat gain to the point that they never grow much muscle is who you do NOT want to be.

Bottom line, slowly get your body used to eating more food. It isn’t uncommon for me to be able to eat nearly a pound of beef in one sitting. There is no way I could have done that at only 14. You work your way up slowly. Obviously, you need to start adding more to your plate.

K ill read the link and the tat was done by a ex-prison inmate anyway ill start to work on the eating more slowly as you insisted and ill be sure to keep you guys updated if you would like

K ill read the link and the tat was done by a ex-prison inmate anyway ill start to work on the eating more slowly as you insisted and ill be sure to keep you guys updated if you would like[/quote]

Ofcourse we would. :slight_smile:

Well whe had a weight lifting day today and one of my friends was playing with his phone while i was lifting and decided to take a pic i had no idea it was coming lol he was sitting right in front of the mirror so it looks like im looking at him but im not anyway i guess on this pic you can see my Trap muscles pretty well so there ya go leave your comments/opinions if you would like

Like the other guys have said, eat like theres no tomorrow. My younger brother weighed about 150 and was fat when he started conditioning for high school ball when he was 13. He is currently close to 200 lbs at 5’10" and 15% bf at 16 years old. He eats like there is no tomorrow. Remember that, if youre playing ball, the number of calories you are going to expend on any given day either training, practicing, or recovering from those activities is huge.

You have to decide what your goals are. If you want to be good at football right now, then you should train to be good at football. This training will allow you to gain a good bit of muscle mass and give you a very solid base on which to begin bodybuilding with later on if that is what you choose to do. Ronnie Coleman played college football and didnt even get into bodybuilding until after college.

Taking the performance mindset to training may be the most beneficial to you at this point.Most kids who start “bodybuilding” at 14 are little more than curl jockeys who are afraid to eat or lift big. I think this is because those who are training for a sport are less likely to worry themselves to starvation over a little fat gain.

Take food to school and keep it in your back pack and your locker and eat between classes. Peanut butter and mixed nuts are great sources of calories. Peanut butter on whole wheat bread makes a hell of a between class power meal. Keep a log of everything you eat over the course of a couple of days and go to this website (www.fitday.com) and add up your caloric totals. You need to be eating a lot of calories. 2000 calories is not a lot. Shoot for 4000.

Most importantly, dont get caught up in the things that tend to sidetrack many promising high school athletes. Stay away from drugs and alcohol and dont let little things cause you to make decisions that will greatly affect your future. There was a very talented guy that played ball when I was in high school that got arrested and expelled for getting in a fight with another student over what one of them said about anothers girlfriend.

Best of luck. Now get eating.

Those are actually your traps that you can see well in that picture. Your shoulders are pointed down you can’t really see them that well :stuck_out_tongue:

Ill be sure to stay away from such things and ever since my first visit to this site i have been eating like no tomorrow and my bad Shoulder thanks for the correction

[quote]Skrussian wrote:
and you don’t really look like you lift…low body fat is what I’m seeing.[/quote]

Oh God, what are you smoking.

Very impressive for 14 years old.

Can’t believe anyone wouldn’t think he lifts, he’s 14 for fucks sake.

Keep training and eating and you’ll be a beast, great potential.

Have you got a tache? at 14?

Tache?

I think that’s his way of saying a tattoo, just a guess thought.

Tache?[/quote]

moustache…

[quote]Stuey wrote:
GeneticSmoke wrote:
Tache?

moustache…[/quote]

Ha shows what I know, yeah you are prolly right.

Looking good man.

What’s your maxes on the big three:

Bench, Squat, Deads.

Honestly I think your traps a lagging a bit, which makes me think you don’t spend a lot of time doing deads, but I may be wrong of course.

If I am correct then it is nothing you can’t make up quickly by adding them to your routine. And along with traps you’ll also gain a ton of overall strength. Which will be great for football.

Dead Lift=410
Bench=215
Squat=365

You can pull 410 at 14? You better become the strongest man in the world.

LOL would you like some proof im should i could get it on video

14 is around where I started lifting for football too.Unfortunately I spent about 6 months without any of the information your getting here.I had a big appetite to start off with but I didn’t know how to lift smart.Squat is really important for football.I don’t know how your coaches teach but make sure your getting deep.

A good way to add weight is 20 rep squats.You could probably find an article on it on T-Nation.The 410 deadlift is awesome.Just don’t do like 90% of the population does and stop eating just because you can’t quite see your six-pack anymore.Work hard.Good luck.