14 Month Transformation

Hi all,

I just found this site recently and love it. I’ve been doing Body for Life for the last year and have managed to lose 50lbs.

I feel like I’ve now advanced past that program and just started doing the “Shut Up and Lift” program I found on T-Nation.

I love it and I’ve managed to be in pain every week :slight_smile: Anyway, here is my transformation.

I still have a long way to go I know, but I think I’m heading in the right direction. I just had the hydrostatic weighting done and I’m at 10.0% BF right now. My goal is 6-7%, but I want to put on another 20lbs of muscle this next year if possible.

BTW, I’m 5’8", 152lbs, and 38 years old.

My Back side

My Side:

what difference. keep up the good work!!!

you’re awesome man!

[quote]jhayden wrote:
Hi all,

I just found this site recently and love it. I’ve been doing Body for Life for the last year and have managed to lose 50lbs.

I feel like I’ve now advanced past that program and just started doing the “Shut Up and Lift” program I found on T-Nation.

I love it and I’ve managed to be in pain every week :slight_smile: Anyway, here is my transformation.

I still have a long way to go I know, but I think I’m heading in the right direction. I just had the hydrostatic weighting done and I’m at 10.0% BF right now. My goal is 6-7%, but I want to put on another 20lbs of muscle this next year if possible.

BTW, I’m 5’8", 152lbs, and 38 years old.

[/quote]

Great work on the calves!!

Congratulations on your transformation.

KCB.

you look great bro, keep it up

You look amazing man great job! I especially like your arms.

Great job! I really like your calves. You look like a different person.

The guy on the right looks 20 years younger than the guy on the left… Good work!

It’s great that you’ve now decided to add some more muscle mass, as this is the logical next step in your development. Just make sure you’re eating enough to realize the gains from the training you’re putting in. Now that you’re so lean, you can probably tolerate quite a bit of carbs, especially if you’re training hard (and the “shut up” program looks hard!).

I’d be curious to hear what diet you’ve been on? I’m going to guess low-carb…

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

About 8 weeks ago, I started increasing calories by about 500 a day. It helped me gain muscle, but I also gained some fat. I was actually down to 8.1% BF, but gained a few pounds of fat, which put me at 10% BF. I’m okay with that though while I try to put on mass.

I contribute my calf development to running a lot. I do plenty of calf work, but I also run long distances. I did a marathon about 6 weeks ago so that keeps my heart in good shape as well as my calfs :slight_smile:

As far as carb percentage, I still stick pretty close to the BFL food guide lines. I’d guess I’m doing about 45% protein, 35% Carbs, 20% Fat. Probably less fat than that though.

One of the more impressive transformations I’ve seen on this site. You look very lean and solid in the second pic. I would note that your arms look more developed than your torso in humble opinion.

Maybe you want to check out the article posted some time ago about arm-dominant lifters and ways to compensate. At any rate, you look great.

Awesome job

Jesus.

Good job man!

Nice turn around!

Congrats and more power to you!