130lb DB Flat Bench

New lifetime PR 130lb DB on flat for 6 clean reps.

Video comming next week.

Whats the heaviest DB’s you’ve used.

Hit the 140’s on an incline and let me say that is seriously freaked me out. I don’t usually train in this manner, but it was me and my buddy in an empty gym one Sunday afternoon. I was very used to using a barbell, but he was a dumbell guy, so I went along with it. 100’s? easy. 120’s? oddly easy as well. 130’s, 135’s, 140’s were all they had, and at that point we were both sort of exchanging WTF-looks with each other -lol. Got about 5 reps, and when I dropped 'em, it sounded like I dented the floor.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Hit the 140’s on an incline and let me say that is seriously freaked me out. I don’t usually train in this manner, but it was me and my buddy in an empty gym one Sunday afternoon. I was very used to using a barbell, but he was a dumbell guy, so I went along with it. 100’s? easy. 120’s? oddly easy as well. 130’s, 135’s, 140’s were all they had, and at that point we were both sort of exchanging WTF-looks with each other -lol. Got about 5 reps, and when I dropped 'em, it sounded like I dented the floor.

S[/quote]

That’s fucking unreal.
What was the angle of the incluie 45?
The gym I go to has 150’s, but the 130’s are so fucking big they are awkward to use…well granted I dont have a decent traning partner, just skinny fat trainers for the awakward lift off.

wear elbow sleeves and very strong wrist braces please. I obliterated my wrist once doing heavy flat DB press

Yeah, typical 45 degree angled bench. This was the year before I started competing and really training like a bodybuilder. So like I’ve always mentioned in the past, I was always naturally fairly strong, but it took smart training to actually develop my physique, not simply heavy weights. For the record, I don’t think I ever went that heavy again. In hindsight, if I had been competing already, it would have been fairly stupid to risk an injury just to see how heavy I could go.

S

I was regularly using the 125s (heaviest at my gym) for 8-12 reps on slight incline when I weighed a lot more. I feel I could have kept progressing but honestly, getting those damn things into position really took a lot out of me and I was stuck at 8-12 reps for months before I decided to switch it up.

115 for 10. Highest my gym goes :\

130x3 for flat
120x5 for incline

After 110, the DB’s in my gym jumps 10lb. So I have to get stronger with 130s in order to jump to 140s. The heaviest DB is 150 and I’ve been setting my sight on it for a while 8)

Incline DB Press is my fav chest builder!

I put up 120 lb DB’s a few years ago. The gym I train at now only goes up to 100 :confused:

i only do DB floor press now :wink:

132 x 5

[quote]Doh wrote:
130x3 for flat
120x5 for incline

After 110, the DB’s in my gym jumps 10lb. So I have to get stronger with 130s in order to jump to 140s. The heaviest DB is 150 and I’ve been setting my sight on it for a while 8)

Incline DB Press is my fav chest builder![/quote]

I always have a roll of duct tape and tape 1-5lb plate to each d.bell when I want an increase that isn’t in the rack.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]Doh wrote:
130x3 for flat
120x5 for incline

I always have a roll of duct tape and tape 1-5lb plate to each d.bell when I want an increase that isn’t in the rack.

[/quote]

Good idea! I never even thought about that.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Doh wrote:
130x3 for flat
120x5 for incline

[/quote]

Good idea! I never even thought about that.[/quote]

Where do you tape it? Sounds like it would cause weight imbalances.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Doh wrote:
130x3 for flat
120x5 for incline

[/quote]

Good idea! I never even thought about that.[/quote]

x2 that’s pretty awesome. My current gym only goes to 100’s so I’m actually going to try this.

The most I’ve done is 110’s for a set of 5.

Lol I would love to have seen the looks on peoples faces when you pulled out a roll of duct tape from your gym bag!!

170 flat db presses at metro for 7 hard as hell reps.
150s at Gold’s for 12. With a proper slap on the head you’d be amazed how fired up one can get lol.

Which metro? I moved recently, but used to lift at Metroflex in Plano.

Currently trying to correct some shoulder problems. Have only been able to do decline for quite sometime. Got 120’s for 6 on decline. Re-learning how to bench with my chest been topping out at 90’s now. #weakness

135sx5 FLAT (triggered bursitis in R. shoulder attempting to setup with 140s.)
115sx8 INCLINE
100sx8 SHOULDER PRESS (seated) / 85sx5 (standing)