13 Yr Old Girl Benches 240 Raw

[quote]detazathoth wrote:

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:
I don’t know people are happy about that arch. Maybe she should get someone to just snap her back completely in half so she can shorten that three inch rom to a 1 inch and bench 300.[/quote]

Someone’s jimmies are rustled

Incredible lift for anyone that size, let alone a girl.

She’s already amazing. I can’t wait to see the numbers she’s going to put up in the coming years[/quote]

Oh she is amazing, no doubt about that. I guess I’d just rather see her do a little less with less arch or flat bench than like that. I understand it is how it goes in lifting, but it takes away for me. It shortens the range of motion and makes the lift a little less impressive in general.

But she is a beast, Hope she sticks with it, she will be a monster at 23.

I don’t know people are happy about that arch. Maybe she should get someone to just snap her back completely in half so she can shorten that three inch rom to a 1 inch and bench 300.[/quote]

She’s already amazing. I can’t wait to see the numbers she’s going to put up in the coming years[/quote]

Oh she is amazing, no doubt about that. I guess I’d just rather see her do a little less with less arch or flat bench than like that. I understand it is how it goes in lifting, but it takes away for me. It shortens the range of motion and makes the lift a little less impressive in general.

But she is a beast, Hope she sticks with it, she will be a monster at 23.[/quote]

I’ve never understood why people feel this way regarding an arch on the bench or a massive chest. It isn’t cutting a squat high or hitching a deadlift. Are the long-armed freaks who pull massive weights less impressive to you because they aren’t moving the bar as far? I just don’t understand this mindset.

But she is a beast, Hope she sticks with it, she will be a monster at 23.[/quote]

Is this the powerlifting forum? Are you serious? GTFO if you are.

[quote]burt128 wrote:

I’ve never understood why people feel this way regarding an arch on the bench or a massive chest. It isn’t cutting a squat high or hitching a deadlift. Are the long-armed freaks who pull massive weights less impressive to you because they aren’t moving the bar as far? I just don’t understand this mindset.
[/quote]

You do understand that it cuts the range of motion at least in half, don’t you? Considering how wide she is gripping and how high her abdomen is it, it’s like she’s doing the top half of a decline bench. I don’t think anyone is saying that it’s not impressive to have a 13 years old girl be this strong but comments about her technique are to be expected. Whoever is coaching her seems to be more concerned about the numbers than anything else.

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:

You do understand that it cuts the range of motion at least in half, don’t you? Considering how wide she is gripping and how high her abdomen is it, it’s like she’s doing the top half of a decline bench. I don’t think anyone is saying that it’s not impressive to have a 13 years old girl be this strong but comments about her technique are to be expected. Whoever is coaching her seems to be more concerned about the numbers than anything else.[/quote]

“Whoever is coaching her seems to be more concerned about the numbers than anything else.” lol
This is already enough to prove you dont have a clue what you are talking about.

If you think this is bad for your back then think again.

(Butt of the bench is bad)

Funfact: I never ever heard of anyone getting hurt in their back because of a arch.
Okay maybe some idiot dude who was lifting his ass in the sky, or was attempting a 1-rep max without spotters.
But I know there are lots of people who hurt their shoulders benching the way like “it should be” according to the instructors in most commercial gyms

You do understand that it cuts the range of motion at least in half, don’t you? Considering how wide she is gripping and how high her abdomen is it, it’s like she’s doing the top half of a decline bench. I don’t think anyone is saying that it’s not impressive to have a 13 years old girl be this strong but comments about her technique are to be expected. Whoever is coaching her seems to be more concerned about the numbers than anything else.[/quote]

and about what else should her coach worry? stay healthy and post big numbers seem to be a pretty good powerlifting coaching principles. Are we really arguing about arching in the benchpress here in the powerlifting forum? God, what’s next? a RAAAAAAAAAWNOARCH division/federation? Let’s forbid russian genes too.

It does seem kind of silly to expect the girl to be a powerlifter and then to not take advantage of a body position that allows her to lift more weight (legally). Isn’t putting up the most weight possible the goal in competition? If I could arch that way I would in a second.

What the hell is going on in this thread right now… arch or no she is 13 year old girl Benching close to double body weight.
There is nothing against using a arch in powerlifting almost all elite lifters do female or not.

Big red man I really wish you would figure out what powerlifting is about. Using the best form to stay injury free while moving the most amount of weight possible while staying with in the rules of the lift… obviously her coach is doing something if not almost everything right. I don’t see you getting invited to the Arnold and creating a national debate in strength sports because of how freaky your lifts are… maybe you should finally take note.

I mean no offense to you but come on man.

Red, you are in the wrong forum if you don’t want to use whatever technique allows for the most weight to be lifted most safely. Tell me, do you think a wide stance squat (assuming it is below parallel) is cheating because it has less ROM?

Don’t tell me, you are also one of those lifters who always thinks that if you aren’t using a shoulder/hip width stance in the squat that you are above parallel even if someone is obviously below parallel if you look closely?

I guess I’d just rather see her do a little less with less arch or flat bench than like that. I understand it is how it goes in lifting, but it takes away for me. It shortens the range of motion and makes the lift a little less impressive in general.[/quote]
Hi welcome to the powerlifting forum :slight_smile: would you like a tour guide to show you the ropes and explain things around here?

After having seen the lift, I suddenly feel seriously weak… A girl so young, lifting such numbers…

So Eric Lilliebridge’s bench is less impressive now because he uses an arch to make it be more of a decline?

The whole point of Powerlifting is about the numbers.

I swear, the machoism in your post is disgusting.

I guarantee if she wasn’t a girl, the undeserved criticism she’s getting would far less or not any at all

^fixed

[quote]samoth2 wrote:
^fixed

Thanks, I’m posting from my phone and have to use to mobile version of the you tubes

I don’t usually chime in on these kinds of threads. But this is so tiresome.

People tend to do sports that they excel at. Body mechanics play a huge role in that. So someone with a big chest, short arms, and a killer arch is going to crush the bench.

Why does no one scream “cheater” at the girl born with extreme flexibility and coordination that lets her become an elite gymnast? Or the 7’ guy who excels at basketball? Or the individual with long arms who has a shorter ROM in the deadlift?

If you don’t like it, find a different sport. The rules are the same for everyone.

Please let’s stop this nonsense in the PL forum.

Have you lifted in a meet?

on another page some guys are doing the whole “its bad for you, she cheated etc” thing, grinds my gears

I bet she pulls sumo too…

Whoever is coaching her seems to be more concerned about the numbers than anything else.[/quote]

Because a competitive powerlifter wouldn’t be concerned primarily with the numbers he/she lifts?

This bullshit about using less of an arch “so that the lift is more impressive” is like asking the Miami Heat to play only four men on defense and make the games more exciting.

I agree, I also think that sumo deadlifts are for pussies. I mean c’mon using legs in the deadlift? Blasphemy. And people like Andrey Malanichev can’t even squat. Not going ATG? Cutting just enough depth to get white lights? Pathetic, Unimpressed. O wait. Forgot this is the powerlifting forums. Forgot she is a powerlifter. Forgot powerlifting was about putting up the most weight.