13 Year Old Girl MMA

I was impressed by this girl’s skills it was posted by the user Hamm on Sherdog.com

[quote]I had an eye opening experience this weekend.

I pulled up to my cousins house to watch UFC 66, there was about 6 people there, drinking getting loud and having a good time. But what suprised me was as I pulled up I saw a little girl walk in the house, I had never seen her before, she was about 12 years old. I wondered why she was there, it was just family over and she was not family and she seemed pretty young for that environment.

But whatever I went in grabbed a drink and sat down, with the little girl was an 8 year old boy, obviously her brother by the red hair they shared. My cousin explained that they were his neighbors and they came over to watch the fight. The little girls starts talking about how she wants Tito to win and I couldnt help but groan inwardly thinking about sitting here all night listening to this little kids thoughts on the UFC, because of course I post on sherdog I know everything about MMA, and this was a 12 year old girl…

Then her little brother pipes up and says “She is a fighter too”, my cousin tells me “dont listen to him that little kid is a liar” the red headed kid says “nuh uh come look” So he leads us into my cousins computer room and brings up Youtube and shows us these videos.

It blew my mind, the rest of the night this 12 year old girl told us stories about training in Vegas, in a gym owned by Mark Laimon ( a name most UFC “fans” wouldnt know) About training in the same gym with Kendal Grove, Joe Stevenson and having the same sponsors ans Rampage and Kevin Randleman. About running a booth at Grapplers Quest for CryoGel and hanging out with Rampage…

As the event progressed we had conversations about every fight about Pride, about Mayhem Miller who seemed to be her favorite fighter… It blew my mind. I remember only 2 years ago when MMA was a niche sport, and now you never know what 12 year old kid could kick your ass or offer the only intelligent conversation on MMA out of an entire room of adults watching the same event.

edit: she was 13 not 12

Randy Forever

Babalu - Wand - Mirko - GSP - Bisping

WHAT A LAME COMENT. PROVES THE INTELIGENCE LEVEL OF SOME LOOSERS ON THIS FORUM.
-BIGMMAFAN [/quote]

That’s impressive.

check out her fight with the 29 year old who is twice her size. She gets a big takedown and some pretty vicious GnP. She’s got some killer instinct in her thats for sure.

Not knocking her skills or potential; she definitely has something there…

But there is no way I could fight a 13 y/o at 29. That has to be of benefit to her. Skills or not, someone much larger than her could literally break her in half. There’s probably no way to match weight classes for someone like that.

That little girl would kick my ass!

Holy shit.

Mother of God…

Her father doesnt have much to worry about once she starts dating, thats for sure.

Ok, in all seriousness, thats pretty damn impressive. Maybe once she’s 18, I’ll let her kick my ass.

wow, I can’t believe she took her down. That girl is going to be one tough competitor when she grows up.

[quote]Scott aka Rice wrote:
wow, I can’t believe she took her down. That girl is going to be one tough competitor when she grows up.[/quote]

Forget the takedown … how about that vicious knee to the body the moment she got into side-control?

Am I the only one that thinks its dangerous for a child to fight full contact like that with knees to the body and possibly the head? Maybe I am wrong, I am not a pediatrician or anything.

She is definitely a good fighter, especially for her age.

[quote]the juggernaut wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks its dangerous for a child to fight full contact like that with knees to the body and possibly the head? Maybe I am wrong, I am not a pediatrician or anything.

She is definitely a good fighter, especially for her age.[/quote]

I agree. I know it’s a sport, and the judges are there to stop it for their safety, but there are some sports that should have an age limit before having competitions and I think this is one of them.

How many elbows to the face will they allow if the 13 year old girl is still defending herself smartly, but a few elbows get through every now and then?

This is silly. The adult was going real soft on her, as any adult would if they were “fighting” a child. I don’t see what’s so impressive about this girl.

[quote]the juggernaut wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks its dangerous for a child to fight full contact like that with knees to the body and possibly the head? [/quote]

I don’t know what the rules were in that particular event, but you’ll often find that amateur events like that outlaw any kind of strikes to the head. If you watch the vid again, you’ll notice that none of the punches/kicks thrown were directed at the head.

[quote]Marshallman wrote:
This is silly. The adult was going real soft on her, as any adult would if they were “fighting” a child. I don’t see what’s so impressive about this girl.[/quote]

I thought the meg & mike fight was impressive, not yet sure about the 29 year-old fight.

This is silly. The adult was going real soft on her, as any adult would if they were “fighting” a child. I don’t see what’s so impressive about this girl.[/quote]

because when you were thirteen, you were so much more impressive?

You’re probably not looking too hard.

She’s very quick and very good with armbars… better than a lot of current UFC fighters.

There are plenty of fights were there are a number of opportunities to lock-in an armbar or a kimura, but the fighters never realize it.

Of course the 29-year old whom she faced wasn’t very good (she would have had a tremdous weight and streng advantage… taking down the 13-year old shouldn’t have been that hard).

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Marshallman wrote:
This is silly. The adult was going real soft on her, as any adult would if they were “fighting” a child. I don’t see what’s so impressive about this girl.

because when you were thirteen, you were so much more impressive? [/quote]

LOL.

I can honestly say for sure, that even though I had been playing football for 5 years by the time I was this girl’s age and even though I was pretty tough, she would’ve kicked my ass. Brutally.

According to the youtube profile she is eighteen. The original quoted post sounds more like a fanciful story than a real event.

I wonder if it hurts to get punched in the boob. She punched that 29 year old a couple of times in the boob. Oh lord.

I like it how the Sherdog jackoff talks about how MMA was obscure 2 years ago. Try 1993 or the bad years of UFC 20-30.

[quote]jjoseph_x wrote:
Marshallman wrote:

You’re probably not looking too hard.

She’s very quick and very good with armbars… better than a lot of current UFC fighters.

There are plenty of fights were there are a number of opportunities to lock-in an armbar or a kimura, but the fighters never realize it.

Of course the 29-year old whom she faced wasn’t very good (she would have had a tremdous weight and streng advantage… taking down the 13-year old shouldn’t have been that hard).
[/quote]

eh, in the dojo (shotokan) years ago, i was around 15, i was taking it easy on a girl cus well, it was a girl. hot too. then she hit me fucking HARD. harder than is normally smiled upon in a dojo. her reminder that she may be a girl i’d better not dick around. god she was hot.

so, yes people would likely take it easy, but at the same time, its their own fault for underestimating :slight_smile:

Agreed. The adult threw the fight. No one is that bad a fighter.

The little girl obviously practices but the fight was a joke.

The whole thing was pathetic.

I am surprised the MMA guys that post here are taking this seriously.